Who is greater Jon Jones or Daniel Cormier

JJ vs DC

• Total voters
DC. Not even up for debate imo.

Jones is a proven cheat (multiple times) and a terrible person.

I think Anderson would have been the favorite but I think Shogun would have won. Shogun had strong takedowns, GnP and better positional grappling. I think Shogun would have fought like he did against Overeem x2 and Dibate.
For sure. I’d love to have seen it right after Shogun/Machida II

Shame it never happen.

I remember Shogun’s manager used to post here pretty frequently and he was very receptive to questions through PM or email. If I remember correctly the fight was never officially offered, but Anderson was asked about it more than once by the UFC and while Shogun was for it this was when Anderson didn’t want to fight Brazilians. IIRC they (shogun’s team) didn’t think Anderson was as duck, but they wanted the fight because they thought it’d elevate Brazilian MMA

For sure. I’d love to have seen it right after Shogun/Machida II

Shame it never happen.

I remember Shogun’s manager used to post here pretty frequently and he was very receptive to questions through PM or email. If I remember correctly the fight was never officially offered, but Anderson was asked about it more than once by the UFC and while Shogun was for it this was when Anderson didn’t want to fight Brazilians. IIRC they (shogun’s team) didn’t think Anderson was as duck, but they wanted the fight because they thought it’d elevate Brazilian MMA

I don't think it was officially ever offered but I think Shogun asked for the fight twice. Once was in an interview after a fight and I think the second time was around the time he was going to be fighting Rashad before Rashad got injured and Jones stepped in.

Right now DC but Jon can certainly change that. We'll see how the future unfolds.

Jon had 6 UFC belts at age 25 and destroyed 5 former light heavyweight champions.

It’s close due to Cormier’s outstanding accomplishments, but I give the nod to Jon due to his resume:

- Cormier
- Shogun
- Machida
- Evans
- Rampage
- Vitor
- Gus
- Glover

- Youngest UFC champion
- 8 championship defenses
- 10 UFC belts altogether

No Chael??

Jones.

The guy likes to do coke on weekends and party. So what? I want to see the baddest man on the planet not some family man who goes to church lol.

You're a cool dude @Threetrees, a lot of people on here have trouble with people disagreeing with them without trying to see the other side of the argument.

k33jf.jpg

??? Chael man handled his toe, and almost finished the fight but Jon was saved by the clock not running out of time.
It was a no contest
Lord Shael took mercy on his bum soul and told Big John to raise Jon's arm

Chael Sonnen is undefeated

Mr. Cormier. Not a known cheat and seems a tremendous human being. Has had some amazing performances in two weight classes and at quite an old age... Will definitely go down as one of the all time greats when he retires.

Jon Jones made the most stacked division look like it had one good fighter at the top, not to mention he made Cormier legit cry, knocking him out spectacularly in the second fight, not to mention outwrestling him in the first.

Jon Jones is a generational fighter. Cormier, in my opinion, isn't all that. People give him way too much credit for two way thing. Better than Conor's, but not all that, because for me, this guy is a heavyweight, cut to lhw, got his ass kicked twice, then became a champ by beating someone else, then moved up back again. It would have been impressive if this guy was LHW and then moved up to HW and became a champ, which no one have ever done in the history, even Randy moved down then back up.

I love Cormier, lovely guy, great great fighter, just was born in a wrong time and wrong place to hold a candle next to Jon Jones, who isn't easy to like, but i don't agree with DAna White at all, but one thing I do is, the greatest talent we've ever seen enter the octagon.

JJ did all that while juiced to the gills (I loved story when he was hiding under the cage for couple of hours to avoid pissing hot).

W/o juice, he would have lost to (even) Matyushenko, not to mention other 5-6 guys.

Mr. Cormier. Not a known cheat and seems a tremendous human being. Has had some amazing performances in two weight classes and at quite an old age... Will definitely go down as one of the all time greats when he retires.

DC being an "tremendous human being" has absolutely nothing to do with fighting skills.

But tho the title is Who Is Greater so i guess im wrong in the post above.

DC is greater but Jon Jones is better

Cant call Jones champchamp. He doesnt even have a fucking belt. When you cheat to win won they take it away from you,that's how it works.

DC beat stipe and made it look easy.
Jones wont even try to do that shit.
<mma1><mma1>

And there's literally nothing he can do. Even if he triumphs over the viking warrior,DC already did that shit

DC and it's not even close.

Jones may very well be the better fighter, but between drug tests and random fuck ups, it's all would've, should've.

DC most certainly has the better career as of now.

Back