Who is excited for the Galaxy S8?

Iphone SE, I like the size of the SE, am not into large phones. Have a 6S as a business phone which rarely get out of my car.
I had a S3 back in the days but didn't like it, was feeling the IOS was much more user friendly at the time, but seems like now they are pretty much on the same level.
What's your opinion on the Huawei phones, are they good? don't know anyone who own one.

Huawei used to kinda suck imo, but lately they've been producing some dominant phones. The Mate 9 is fantastic! Haven't gotten to play with one myself though.

Could be interesting. Still waiting for more details on it though

I'm interested but will probably wait for note 8 . I'm pretty sure they are making one this year

:eek:

what the hell Clippy!?!

A samsung cybercock

I'm on the fence about this phone. I'm tired of Samsungs bloatware. I've had every Note since they've come out and this is my first Galaxy, the S7 Edge. The one thing I have noticed on all of them is they become slower and slower the longer I own them. Battery life is also an issue but I use my phone a lot.

I have recently been checking out the huawei phones and the P10 in particular. Its got the Leica lens but in a couple reviews I've seen already the Pixel and S7 are rated better overall for pics. The phone has not been released yet either so I'm a bit skeptical about the reviews on it but it's definitely in the running. I've also been checking out the Pixel. When I check out reviews I typically go to the negative ones first because I want to see what the real issues are. The one major issue with the Pixel is it drops calls like crazy and the sound quality sucks but there's no bloatware and you get the latest android updates right away unlike samsung where you have to wait 6 months to a year..

The S8 is going to be a great phone, I may end up just plodding along the usual path here and stick with Samsung but I am tempted to venture elsewhere.

A samsung cybercock

I'm on the fence about this phone. I'm tired of Samsungs bloatware. I've had every Note since they've come out and this is my first Galaxy, the S7 Edge. The one thing I have noticed on all of them is they become slower and slower the longer I own them. Battery life is also an issue but I use my phone a lot.

I have recently been checking out the huawei phones and the P10 in particular. Its got the Leica lens but in a couple reviews I've seen already the Pixel and S7 are rated better overall for pics. The phone has not been released yet either so I'm a bit skeptical about the reviews on it but it's definitely in the running. I've also been checking out the Pixel. When I check out reviews I typically go to the negative ones first because I want to see what the real issues are. The one major issue with the Pixel is it drops calls like crazy and the sound quality sucks but there's no bloatware and you get the latest android updates right away unlike samsung where you have to wait 6 months to a year..

The S8 is going to be a great phone, I may end up just plodding along the usual path here and stick with Samsung but I am tempted to venture elsewhere.

Yeah the bloatware is definitely an issue for me too.

I went from an s5 to an s7. Everything is a bit more refined overall, but the practical differences are marginal. As with most phones, the battery starts off amazing but after a year is showing signs of suffering. At least with my s5 I could replace the battery.

I suspect the s8 will be no different. A bit more refined, new and shiny, but probably not worth making the jump to.

A samsung cybercock

They're always going to get slower and slower I bet, due to the programming language of the OS. Garbage Collection on Java is super dominant LOL

I have had the a Samsung Galaxy phone and a LG g4 is the past and were pretty good phones for the most part, however I am not going back to an Android phones. Most models dont receive updates past 18 months. I like to hang onto the phones and sometimes
give to family members but cant do that if their are security flaws dues to the software not being patched.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/why-a-billion-android-phones-will-never-be-safe/

"How an Android phone gets a software update:

1. Google releases an update: Google releases a new version of Android every six months, and a few smaller patches in between. Google Nexus owners receive this update directly from Google. Some Nexus phones have already been patched from the Stagefright bug.
  2. OEMs release their update 3 to 6 months later: Once Google releases this major Android OS update, the 1,300 other Android phone makers begin updating their upcoming and best-selling phones to the new OS. Phones that don’t sell well may never get an update.
  3. Carriers approve that update 3 to 6 months later: Wireless carriers around the world that carry the phone demand to review the update. This stage is especially frustrating for tech-savvy users who know a patch is available, but aren’t able to get it because their wireless carrier — maybe Verizon or AT&T — hasn’t approved it yet.
  4. After 1 year, you enjoy an out-of-date update: iPhones and Nexus phones get updates within hours and days, but most Android phones never get updates, or the process takes a year because of all the middle men involved. A good chunk of Android owners never receive more than one significant update to their phone during its 2-year lifespan. This means they have an outdated look to their phone, lack new Android features, and never recieve critical security and bug fixes."

They're always going to get slower and slower I bet, due to the programming language of the OS. Garbage Collection on Java is super dominant LOL

Well that's the whole reason I was looking at the Pixel, it carries no bloatware. I also agree with you that all phones are gonna slow down over time but I've watched all of my Samsungs have issues inside of 1 year. I'd like to make it to the 2 year mark just one time before things started going down hill

Well that's the whole reason I was looking at the Pixel, it carries no bloatware. I also agree with you that all phones are gonna slow down over time but I've watched all of my Samsungs have issues inside of 1 year. I'd like to make it to the 2 year mark just one time before things started going down hill

It's not just bloatware.. it's just a fundamental part of Android and the underlying operating system. Since Android is written in Java, it has that flaw regardless of which phone you get and if there is any bloatware.

It's not just bloatware.. it's just a fundamental part of Android and the underlying operating system. Since Android is written in Java, it has that flaw regardless of which phone you get and if there is any bloatware.

Interesting and good to know. Bloatware itself though is also a huge contributor to this hence why I want it gone

Yeah the bloatware is definitely an issue for me too.

I went from an s5 to an s7. Everything is a bit more refined overall, but the practical differences are marginal. As with most phones, the battery starts off amazing but after a year is showing signs of suffering. At least with my s5 I could replace the battery.

I suspect the s8 will be no different. A bit more refined, new and shiny, but probably not worth making the jump to.

Can't you just disable the Samsung apps? Then they won't be using battery.

Or am I wrong and they still waste resources if you disable?

I oversimplified, I use it for a bunch of shit too, but my S3 works fine, I can't imagine the S8 will greatly enhance my ability to read news articles and watch cat videos. I do a bunch of basic internet activities but I don't need the fanciest shit for that.

This.

At some point, new smart phone releases just become enhancements of what your current phone does. I have no reason to go past my S5.

Back