Who is Eddie Bravo's best student?

Papawash

clean and fresh
@purple
Reaction score
Excluding guys that crosstrained 10P like Vinny and Saunders, who is the best guy to come out of 10th Planet?

I'm thinking probably Geo, not too familiar about the others tho. What do you guys think?

photo.jpg

In terms of accomplishments, it's probably Geo Martinez, but to be honest, I'm not too familiar with 10th Planet guys.

Geo, and it isn't even close. His brother Richie is pretty good, and Nate Orchard is pretty good, but Geo is the one with the biggest wins and the only one who has been to ADCC out of 10P

Last edited:
Geo, and it isn't even close. His brother Richie is pretty good, and Nate Orchard is pretty good, but Geo is the one with the biggest wins and the only one who has been to ADCC out of 10P

This is correct. FWIW he's the only 10th Planet guy that Renzo's crew respects.

The best 10th Planet competitor is Geo Martinez and I don't think it's that close. He has some big wins and not just at EBI. He's the first 10th Planet guy to do ADCC and he did good there for his first time. He's in one of the 2-3 deepest divisions year after year, and he beat a tough Jeff Glover to get to the semi finals and then lost in the semis and the bronze match to two elite guys in Bruno Frazatto (pts) and Tanquinho (sub). He's also lost to Joao Miyao and Bill Cooper.

Besides that he tends to win everything I see him do. Usually by submission. There are people that rag on him for mostly doing EBI and sub only and not doing IBJJF stuff but putting him in the top ten for no-gi featherweights is very reasonable I think.

Tony Ferguson is Eddie's best guy in MMA. Ferguson could do very well in no-gi comps. From what I know and have seen he would be a lot like a Garry Tonon sort of grappler. He does some reckless stuff and would probably lose some matches he shouldn't lose. But I also think he would tap some surprising names.

This is correct. FWIW he's the only 10th Planet guy that Renzo's crew respects.

Damn that's heavy. For real?

Last edited:
Geo Ko'd Jeff Glover with a powerbomb so it's probably him.

In terms of accomplishments, it's probably Geo Martinez, but to be honest, I'm not too familiar with 10th Planet guys.
What has he achieved, besides winning the Eddie invitational?

Definitely Geo. He is the only 10thP guy that consistently goes against upper level competition and looks like he belongs there.

Geo is definitely legit. The rest suck. Especially Denny.

I wouldn't say he sucks but he is one of the biggest frauds in Grappling. Still calls himself a "3xWorld Champion" because he won Gracie Worlds beating a bunch of guys nobody has ever heard of. Lost to every legit BB he faced in comp,then retired once Sub-Only took off. His excuse for not competing outside of Gracie Worlds was that he only liked Sub Only. Then when sub only got big he hardly every competed. Then retired in his grappling prime.

mostly doing EBI and sub only and not doing IBJJF stuff

He tried to compete in IBJJF Nogi worlds last year. IBJJF didn't let him compete, because of the time limits in between belts. Geo got from white to black in 3,5 years. IBJJF requires 2 years at blue, 1,5 at purple and 1 year at brown.

He tried to compete in IBJJF Nogi worlds last year. IBJJF didn't let him compete, because of the time limits in between belts. Geo got from white to black in 3,5 years. IBJJF requires 2 years at blue, 1,5 at purple and 1 year at brown.
Totally. Yeah I'm not giving him shit about it. Not even a little bit. Even if he never does it I don't care. He's still awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back