Who is doing more Damage in their position of power Angela Merkel, or Donald Trump?

Who is doing more Damage in their position of power Angela Merkel, or Donald Trump?

• Total voters
Sabotaging the ACA hasn't fucked up the average person's life?

Repealing Net Neutrality hasn't fucked up the average person's life?

Increased price of goods as a result of these idiotic tariffs hasn't fucked up the average person's life?

Get Il Douche's nuts out of your mouth.

I agree with you in principle, and this is an honest question concerning one point... Have you guys started to see the negative results of repealing net neutrality yet? The impact of the ACA and tariffs are obvious, and the potential for net neutrality being gone is obvious, but I haven't heard of any effects yet. Wondering if it has started already.

I guess that depends on whether you think the world is better off without American leadership.
Merkel is anything but unilateral and Germany's impact on global affairs has been comparatively small (well... lately).

Merkel and it's not close
One has singlehaldedly changed the demographics of Europe by declaring Germany open to 'Syrian refugees' and also controlling the EU

Trump has tweeted? lowered unemployment? highest stock market ever?

I would have to go with Merkel, because even if you don't like Trump he hasn't done anything that would directly fuck your average person's life, where as with Mekel there seems to be a lot of negative consequences from the refuge crisis.

The refugee crisis is actually not something that could be contributed to Merkel's in a meaningful way.
While it is a bad situation as long as Germany is economical so strong it only has limited negative effects for now.

If you want to point to Merkel's damage is that she has sold out her conservative Party and moved it to far to the center for the sole purpose of staying in power. Everything Merkel has ever done was to stay in power.
She has turned off nuclear power plants to take away the main policy from the Green Party. She has made social democratic economic policies for at least 5 years. Its just overshadowed by the high income.
And she didn't fight against gay marriage. If you are the Christian Democratic Party you should be against gay marriage.
This bending in policies just to stay in power might cause some real damage in the future. Not a bunch of brown people.

If you want to critizeMerkel and there is a lot to criticise her on. You should look more into it than just taking the post from Russian bots on r/thedonald

Increased price of goods as a result of these idiotic tariffs hasn't fucked up the average person's life?

1. The ACA was a disaster. Most people I know that took advantage of it said it sucked. They were forced to pay for coverage that had a $10,000 delectable or face a penalty on their tax return. I'm all for universal healthcare, but that plan was a disaster. I go through the VA for healthcare anyway and Trump actually extended those benefits since he's held office so he actually helped me.

2. Repealing Net Neutrality sounded horrible on paper, but literally nothing has changed for me online since it happened my bill stayed the same it hasn't affected how I browse the web.

3. I've notice the price of building materials have gone up as I'm a carpenter. I'm not totally against the tariffs as the U.S. always seems to get the short end of the trade deals. Something needs to be done, but I don't think Trumps way of handling it is necessarily right either.

4. Nobody's nuts are in my mouth. There are things Trump does that I like and there are other things he does that I don't. Regardless I'm going to root for him to succeed because I'm not petty and I want our country to do good.

Last edited:
He was calling Putin a dictator, not Trump.

Trump is a wannabe dictator but doesn't have the political acumen or popular support.
Remind me which president has been unanimously shot down by the supreme court for attempted overreach.

I agree with you in principle, and this is an honest question concerning one point... Have you guys started to see the negative results of repealing net neutrality yet? The impact of the ACA and tariffs are obvious, and the potential for net neutrality being gone is obvious, but I haven't heard of any effects yet. Wondering if it has started already.

You're not understanding that the fact that you lost a fundamental freedom is a loss unto itself. The point of Net Neutrality laws are to maintain the status quo of how things currently are. If you create a website, or pay for a hosting service, you're entitled to the same protections and quality of service as the large corporations. It's basically a Bill of Rights for the internet. We've allowed telecoms to jerk us around on infrastructure for decades, and now we've effectively given free reign for paid prioritization and predatory bundling practices for inferior services. It's an untapped profit stream, it's only a matter of time.

There are a couple of hail mary situations where we could restore the rules, but we're losing this fight right now. That's the loss, allowing big telecom organizations to further tighten their grip on the entirety of our communications infrastructure for the benefit of their bottom lines.

I know. People don't owe the government a huge fine for the privilege of not having medical insurance with a higher premium and massive deductible. Oh, the humanity. You sound poor as fuck if your internet doesn't work exactly the same way it always has. Don't worry, your precious google still basically owns the internet and nothing at all has changed.

Please provide a list of things that have had such massive price increases that you can no longer afford them and to what extent that has "fucked up your life".

Trump of course, Merkel and her gang can do whatever they want. She has ruled this country for 14 years, which is laughable for a democracy. TS you have to understand, that Merkel is a person, who would sell out the entire country just to stay in power. The sad part is, that all these cucks around her so like the media, would allow this quite easily.

And forget the opposition. Overrated as hell. The right wing has with the AfD party only 12%. The rest are all lefties and liberals.

1. The ACA was a disaster. Most people I know that took advantage of it said it sucked. They were forced to pay for coverage that had a $10,000 decuctable or face a penalty on their tax return. I'm all for universal healthcare, but that plan was a disaster. I go through the VA for healthcare anyway and Trump actually extended those benifits since he's held office so he actually helped me.

2. Repealing Net Neutrality sounded horrible on paper, but literally nothing has changed for me online since it happened my bill stayed the same it hasn't affected how I browse the web.

3. I've notice the price of building materials have gone up as I'm a carpenter. I'm not totally against the tariffs as the U.S. always seems to get the short end of the trade deals. Something needs to be done, but I don't think Trumps way of handling it is necessarily right either.

4. Nobody's nuts are in my mouth. There are things Trump does that I like and Somethings he does that I don't. Regardless I'm going to route for him to succeed because I'm not petty and I want our country to do good.

1. Anyone who unequivocally says the ACA was a disaster with no reservations simply has no earthly idea what they're talking about. It's honestly not even worth having that conversation with you because i'll get nothing out of it.

2. You guys talk about "increasing freedom" and then give telecoms the right to bend you over and mandate your terms of access to you. I always found that odd.

3. We're the most prosperous country in the world. How much more do you want? Do you not enjoy world domination, or does squeezing a stone and trying to get blood seem more appealing?

4. Yeah, servitude isn't a trait I value.

I know. People don't owe the government a huge fine for the privilege of not having medical insurance with a higher premium and massive deductible. Oh, the humanity. You sound poor as fuck if your internet doesn't work exactly the same way it always has. Don't worry, your precious google still basically owns the internet and nothing at all has changed.

Please provide a list of things that have had such massive price increases that you can no longer afford them and to what extent that has "fucked up your life".
<DisgustingHHH>

Merkel has the blood of many on her hands, Trump not so much

Neither are very good at uniting a nation though.

<Dany07>

Ah come on. You don't wanna share your horror stories about how the gov't not taking over your internet access has fucked up your life, yet somehow not a single thing has changed for anyone else? It sounded compelling, and definitely true.

Middle class is average, and for them, coverage went to shit and costs kept rising, as did the cost of opting out. You're taking poor people who don't pay taxes and collect benefits and calling that the "average person".

https://nypost.com/2017/09/06/obamacare-is-making-the-middle-class-the-new-uninsured/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...ant-afford-aca-policies-in-2018/#e1087da461f1

https://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html

Anyone that says Merkel is a moron. Period.

Even though she is a center-right capitalist, Merkel is undeniably the most capable major leader in the world right now. She's setting up Germany to absolutely dominate the economic landscape in Europe for generations to come. And, I know, but but but the brown people!!!! Suck a dick.
Do you think it's the color of their skin, or do you think it's the ass backwards ideology they adhere to that bothers people?

Merkel kind od fucked up on immigration hut overall has been very capable and is currently the Western allies' only source of sane leadership.

<Dany07>

Ah come on. You don't wanna share your horror stories about how the gov't not taking over your internet access has fucked up your life, yet somehow not a single thing has changed for anyone else? It sounded compelling, and definitely true.

Middle class is average, and for them, coverage went to shit and costs kept rising, as did the cost of opting out. You're taking poor people who don't pay taxes and collect benefits and calling that the "average person".

https://nypost.com/2017/09/06/obamacare-is-making-the-middle-class-the-new-uninsured/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...ant-afford-aca-policies-in-2018/#e1087da461f1

https://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html

Imagine this fucking guy

This is not the first case where someone's intentions are assumed as the basis for punishment. Progressives do this a lot, calling everything a "dog whistle" and I don't know if the young turks have ever quoted anyone without chopping off all context and saying "what he really means is ____". And public communication is specifically where speech should be protected. If it weren't, the same anti-free speech people would be saying "It's a private company, they can do what they want". Ok, so you can't use public communication, can't use private communication, so how the eff is that anything resembling freedom of speech? I have to send you a secret message and hope nobody finds out anout it? Do I also have to hide Jews in my attic?

Someone getting targeted, stalked, and harassed is reason for a restraining order, not sentencing some random chick for posting rap lyrics.

Being pro allowing telecoms to prioritize, throttle, or block sites based on payment status, content, or reputation.

CKqlS41.gif

Trump has embarrassed his nation on the global scale. He has made America's word and contracts completely meaningless. His trade wars will hurt the nation in years to come.

Trump is worse for America than Merkel is for Germany.

Merkel is typical politician. Yes she was lax on immigration. Nothing that cant be fixed. Trump created a cult and lowered the standards for politicians behaviour so much. He has created a toxic environment

How are you going to fix Germany? Its been over run by goat fucking Muslims. Europe is basically done with the exception of Poland. Poland is based as fuck.

Daddy is a god send and is putting America First losers.

Merkel is typical politician. Yes she was lax on immigration. Nothing that cant be fixed. Trump created a cult and lowered the standards for politicians behaviour so much. He has created a toxic environment
I think Trump is a symptom and not the disease itself. No way he would have been elected in a healthy political environment imo. I give the US more credit than to think he would have got the nod over anyone but Clinton. Those last two candidates had the lowest approval rating in history after all.

As for the question in the OP - Merkel might have set back EU solidarity by years (at the very least) but the migrant situation is finally being addressed in a meaningful manner. Whatever Trump may do is also a temporary issue as he didn't get elected as emperor for life but is constrained by checks and balances. He could be gone in two years as well and that's something all the chicken littles ignore. For the love of all that's good in the world, get your shit together al y'all Americans and find candidates worth a damn.

I guess my answer is that Merkel made the bigger blunder (up to this point) but neither is as bad as their critics would have you believe. That might come as a surprise to those familiar with me in the migrant threads, but there it is anyways.

Back