Who Is America

I'll start by saying that I feel high right now. I've not taken drugs and I'm legit not drunk for once, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try talking about the first episode of the new Borat show on Showtime.

First question would be how many people have actually seen it.

The second would be how many feel that people who actually showed up for it and signed the release of their videos are actually legit, whereby by word "legit" I mean that they hold the opinions that they declared and stand by what was aired.

The reason why I'm asking is that I'm almost done with the first episode and my brain is broken. I cannot tell reality from fiction anymore, and that's of huge concern. I've heard shit I will never unhear and I am actively praying that I've been imagining everything that has transpired in my life since about 27 minutes and 44 seconds ago. Help me make sense of this. Please.

The USA is your fucking daddy!

The Ali G character was by far his best character.

I only saw the NRA segment and thought it was disturbing and funny. Cohen is a master at getting people to say some really dumb things.

Edit, I thought you are asking who is america. I never knew there was show called who is america.

Last edited:
People who tuned out after one of the early segments missed out. The only really good one was the last one (the NRA thing, which y'all might have seen going around), IMO. Also, the best bit with the dinner was shown at the end. Hopefully, he was just establishing the characters and will do good things with them going forward.
Yeah, that Israeli character is awesome. His walk with that makeup is terrifying though, reminds of that Primus video
tumblr_inline_or40u5pJpx1rn6s55_400.gif

I can't believe those Congressmen endorsed that...actually I can :D

I liked the Bernie interview too, didn't drag on too long. That character has potential.

btw, did that art chic give him some pubes? That segment was chopy for me.

Passing on sasha...

I'm also not going to bother watching this one. This style of "look at what the stupid idiot said" comedy has become incredibly tired and cliche. You can see most of this nonsense on any given news channel, comedy central show or mundane late night comedy show.

The Ali G character was by far his best character.

I only saw the NRA segment and thought it was disturbing and funny. Cohen is a master at getting people to say some really dumb things.

I havent seen it, what should noobs start with?

He did a full like 20 min interview as Borat on O and A back in the day, stayed in character the whole time and it was brilliant

Even patrice oneill was lost for words

Yeah, that Israeli character is awesome. His walk with that makeup is terrifying though, reminds of that Primus video
tumblr_inline_or40u5pJpx1rn6s55_400.gif

I can't believe those Congressmen endorsed that...actually I can :D

I liked the Bernie interview too, didn't drag on too long. That character has potential.

btw, did that art chic give him some pubes? That segment was chopy for me.

"I need the scooter to conserve my finite energy."

I watched up to half-way through the staunch republican dinner scene.
painfully unfunny from start to finish, well until I turned it off.

This! I kinda like SBC earlier work and I’m always up for some ridiculing of idiots but this was horrible. I couldn’t even smirk at any of it and will not waste more time on this.

The interviews are 1-2 hours each, and you get about 3-4 edited minutes to show what the documentary wanted to show. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything perfectly falls into what the documentary set out to show? For Christ's sake, Michael Moore made a documentary about how awesome Cubans have it. The only doc I've ever seen that didn't have a preconceived opinion was the one where a chick dressed up as a guy and stopped being a feminist after.

I gave up on it during the dinner with the Republican couple.

Passing on sasha...

I'm also not going to bother watching this one. This style of "look at what the stupid idiot said" comedy has become incredibly tired and cliche. You can see most of this nonsense on any given news channel, comedy central show or mundane late night comedy show.
n08A8NO.jpg

I loved da Ali G show but I'm skeptical of anything Sacha does now.

Still going to give it a chance.

All these other posters are mentally challenged. All of this footage was amazing, I dont care if they had to film 3 hours to get what they wanted, and Im a 2nd amendment supporter. Comeon, the fact that these assholes said and did anything remotely similar to what was filmed is proof itself that money has played way too far into politicis. Its not a left or right issue.
Do you feel the same way about project Veritas?

Just 327,000 sets of eyeballs tuned in to the premium cabler on Sunday night to see the Borat star spoof Senator Bernie Sanders, gun activists, Trent Lott, supporters of Donald Trump and more in the first episode of the series. Among the key demographic of adults 18-49, Who Is America? pulled in a low 0.1 rating. That put the secretive and controversial Who Is America? in the hinterland of the 70th highest-rated original show on cable on July 15

https://deadline.com/2018/07/sacha-baron-cohen-who-is-america-ratings-low-debut-showtime-1202427802/

Doesn't look like it was very well received.

Back