Who Is America

Darth_Inv1ctu5

Yellow Card
@Black
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I feel high right now. I've not taken drugs and I'm legit not drunk for once, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try talking about the first episode of the new Borat show on Showtime.

First question would be how many people have actually seen it.

The second would be how many feel that people who actually showed up for it and signed the release of their videos are actually legit, whereby by word "legit" I mean that they hold the opinions that they declared and stand by what was aired.

The reason why I'm asking is that I'm almost done with the first episode and my brain is broken. I cannot tell reality from fiction anymore, and that's of huge concern. I've heard shit I will never unhear and I am actively praying that I've been imagining everything that has transpired in my life since about 27 minutes and 44 seconds ago. Help me make sense of this. Please.

I watched up to half-way through the staunch republican dinner scene.
painfully unfunny from start to finish, well until I turned it off.

I watched up to half-way through the staunch republican dinner scene.
painfully unfunny from start to finish, well until I turned it off.
This! I kinda like SBC earlier work and I’m always up for some ridiculing of idiots but this was horrible. I couldn’t even smirk at any of it and will not waste more time on this.

The interviews are 1-2 hours each, and you get about 3-4 edited minutes to show what the documentary wanted to show. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything perfectly falls into what the documentary set out to show? For Christ's sake, Michael Moore made a documentary about how awesome Cubans have it. The only doc I've ever seen that didn't have a preconceived opinion was the one where a chick dressed up as a guy and stopped being a feminist after.

I got Michael J Fox's autograph.... he's America~!

gAGQEQu.jpg

I gave up on it during the dinner with the Republican couple.

Sounds like you got rustled pretty easily. I've not seen the show but I feel confident asserting that we will get through this and you'll be okay.

Last edited:
All these other posters are mentally challenged. All of this footage was amazing, I dont care if they had to film 3 hours to get what they wanted, and Im a 2nd amendment supporter. Comeon, the fact that these assholes said and did anything remotely similar to what was filmed is proof itself that money has played way too far into politicis. Its not a left or right issue.

People who tuned out after one of the early segments missed out. The only really good one was the last one (the NRA thing, which y'all might have seen going around), IMO. Also, the best bit with the dinner was shown at the end. Hopefully, he was just establishing the characters and will do good things with them going forward.

SBC has pretty much become the David Blaine of comedy. I haven't seen the show but everything building up to it reeks of desperation to stay relevant. I was a big fan of the Ali G show, Borat was pretty good, Bruno was .... meh.

As for the people "scammed" by him to be on the show, serves them right in this day and age if they didn't vette properly who they were doing an interview with.

The interviews are 1-2 hours each, and you get about 3-4 edited minutes to show what the documentary wanted to show. Do you think it's a coincidence that everything perfectly falls into what the documentary set out to show? For Christ's sake, Michael Moore made a documentary about how awesome Cubans have it. The only doc I've ever seen that didn't have a preconceived opinion was the one where a chick dressed up as a guy and stopped being a feminist after.

Bro, it's a mockumentary. It's made to make people laugh (which it may have failed at). It's not to be taken seriously.

i'm amazed they didn't think the Israeli guy was clearly a mask/makeup, but man those pro gun guys were saying some wild shit straight faced

He looked like the guy from Maniac Cop ffs

People who tuned out after one of the early segments missed out. The only really good one was the last one (the NRA thing, which y'all might have seen going around), IMO. Also, the best bit with the dinner was shown at the end. Hopefully, he was just establishing the characters and will do good things with them going forward.

Honestly I liked how he convinced that art lady to give him a cut of her pubes.

Lots of rustled jimmies in this thread by republicans lol

Wasn't great but the NRA bit was good tbf. Although I have a hard time believing that "Head, shoulders, not the toes, not the toes" guy was legit, think he was duped by John Oliver

Back