Who hits harder, George Foreman or Deontay Wilder?

The question wasn't has Wilder got power read the post again.

The question was does he hit harder than Foreman and is he one of the hardest hitting HW's of all time.

You need to work on your comprehension skills because your always going off the rails on peoples replies.

I could name at least a handful of obvious harder hitters than Wilder, if you believe he hits harder than Foreman and is one of the hardest hitters of all time then stay ignorant.
You should really take your own advice.

This is what I responded to:
How did you work out that Wilder is one of the heaviest punchers ever?

And I answered. The way he drops people is telling of how hard he hits. The fact that he melts people while both throwing and landing awkwardly is telling of his power.

Then its “we dont know if he hits harder than Joshua”. Ok. Tell me with a straight face that Wlad would be able to take Wilder’s punches? No, he wouldnt.

If you could point out where I said that he hits harder than Foreman Id appreciate it. Im having trouble finding this mythical post.

Id love to see your list of all the guys that pack more heat though. You make it sound like its a long list so Im intrigued.

Lastly, you should learn the difference between “your” and “you’re” before you want to throw out insults about ignorance and reading comprehension.

I think Foreman had more of that thudding kind of power. Wilder maybe for the one-hit KO power, but that's all on the eye test, Wilder obviously hasn't been in there with the guys Foreman had.

Who knows? I just wanted to post this video by one of my favorite uploaders.

Btw someone said that he is similar to Big George as far as they both have the tendency to get wild and both have less than perfect technique. I agree. Thing is, when you carry bricks for hands you can afford to take some chances.

Enjoy

You should really take your own advice.

This is what I responded to:

And I answered. The way he drops people is telling of how hard he hits. The fact that he melts people while both throwing and landing awkwardly is telling of his power.

Then its “we dont know if he hits harder than Joshua”. Ok. Tell me with a straight face that Wlad would be able to take Wilder’s punches? No, he wouldnt.

If you could point out where I said that he hits harder than Foreman Id appreciate it. Im having trouble finding this mythical post.

Id love to see your list of all the guys that pack more heat though. You make it sound like its a long list so Im intrigued.

Lastly, you should learn the difference between “your” and “you’re” before you want to throw out insults about ignorance and reading comprehension.

Exactly ....... so are you saying Wilder is one of the hardest hitters "ever" because that's the quote you were chiming in with?

As far as this list you think I'll struggle with ............

Foreman
Lennox Lewis
Mike Tyson (prime)
Earnie Shavers
David Tua
Possibly Sony Liston (although this one is debatable)
Ron Lyle
Max Baer
Frank Bruno
Anthony Joshua

Again, let me make it clear (because I usually have to with you) I'm not saying Wilder is a light puncher, he hits hard sure, but the question was "all time hardest hitter".

As I tried to explain Wilder is 215 lbs, that's only 15.4st, its more the speed that allows him to get these shots in full force, if Foreman landed the same shot full wing it'd have a lot more weight behind it, same with a lot of the HW's on my list.

George Foreman was great but he was 218 lbs. He's not the hardest hitter ever. Maybe for the 1970s but not 2018. We have more "technology" than they did back then. It's not possible for a 1960s/ 1970s era guy to dominate a physical stat like that.

George Foreman was great but he was 218 lbs. He's not the hardest hitter ever. Maybe for the 1970s but not 2018. We have more "technology" than they did back then. It's not possible for a 1960s/ 1970s era guy to dominate a physical stat like that.

Mate that comment is all kinds of wrong.

Firstly the weight, Foremans weight has fluctuated at different times of his career at one stage (granted older and not in good shape) he's weighed almost 270 lbs.

Secondly your comment on power not traveling into the modern era is ridiculous, hard training is hard training, running doesn't change, press ups don't change, hitting a heavy bag for hours doesn't change.

Of all the things that being modern doesn't improve power is the main one, that is a natural born statistic, very individual.

What HW today hits like 1980's Tyson especially p4p weight wise?

Finally Evander Holyfield was quoted saying Foreman hit harder than even Tyson, I'm sure he even said Foreman had the most solid punch he ever felt in his career.

I think we put a lot on "size" of the modern HW, fair enough to an extent but Tyson Fury doesn't hit that hard and he's one of the biggest.
Wilder is causing havoc against modern HW's and he's only 215lbs funnily enough just lighter than young trim Foreman.

Exactly ....... so are you saying Wilder is one of the hardest hitters "ever" because that's the quote you were chiming in with?

As far as this list you think I'll struggle with ............

Foreman
Lennox Lewis
Mike Tyson (prime)
Earnie Shavers
David Tua
Possibly Sony Liston (although this one is debatable)
Ron Lyle
Max Baer
Frank Bruno
Anthony Joshua

Again, let me make it clear (because I usually have to with you) I'm not saying Wilder is a light puncher, he hits hard sure, but the question was "all time hardest hitter".

As I tried to explain Wilder is 215 lbs, that's only 15.4st, its more the speed that allows him to get these shots in full force, if Foreman landed the same shot full wing it'd have a lot more weight behind it, same with a lot of the HW's on my list.
If we agreed (we dont at all) that those guys all hit harder, thats still sitting in thin company for the history of a sport, no?

Youre underrating and attempting to make an excuse for the punch that Wilder packs. Doesnt matter how or why its delivered, the fact is the dude murders people when he lands.

You say “its Wilders speed” and weighs this an lah blah blah, but you list Mike Tyson. Doesnt he fall into that same silly metric youre using then?

I think the biggest thing you have to consider is that even with his shit form and landing them awkwardly, Wilder absolutely devestates people when he lands them. That right there speaks volumes and Im really not sure how anyone could overlook it.

Just for the record I never said Wilder was the biggest puncher ever. He absolutely is one of them though

It's a great thread, I've read it a couple times over but it's been awhile. Will try to find it if I get a few mins to search teh googles. I remember, as you mentioned, he said Foreman would physically move him with every shot, and also when Foreman hit him the whole side of his face that George landed on would go numb, lol. That can't be fun.

Iirc he also said the hardest puncher he ever got hit by was Wlad, and I think he said it was by a clear margin. Something about how he had always had a good chin and even tho guys had kicked his ass he had never gotten legit ko'd until Wlad hit him with one of those leaping left hooks of his. Left him staring up at the ceiling or something. Wlad could fucking crack, man.

If you find the it, can you post the link please, would love to read it again

You can never really tell from the outside.. from the outside, Wilder's ko looks like something off of liveleak.. Foreman made them fly in a cartoonish fashion. Whilst Shavers didn't have the same shock value finish Yet the victims would probably rate it opposite of what "seems"

InbornPoorJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

This isn't the only example of why I would say Wilder probably hits harder, but when he lands that right hand guys react in very weird ways. He can glance a shot off of a forehead and it seems to just make a your whole body lose its shit and go haywire. Weird type of power that has rarely been seen in this sport. I would say yeah he has more on shot power than Big George but it's obviously all conjecture when it comes to a subject like this.

Dang, that's like watching pig slaughter with a stun gun

Wilder just weighed in at 214 pounds and he is the hardest hitter in boxing today.

If you find the it, can you post the link please, would love to read it again
http://ghosttown-boxing.2299399.n4....nox-Lewis-David-Tua-and-others-td4090601.html

Here ya go, bud. I'm gonna read it again too.

And this goes for everyone here: If you want to read some awesome stories, this guy has some of the best about sparring hw's and breaking down their power and other shit, too. He goes into what some of their personalities are like, etc.

Encourage all the regs here to give it a read if you haven't already, really good shit.

Never forget Lennox. Lol a few sentences in the guy has me remembering what Lennox did to ppl. Holy shit what a monster.

@PUO3 you think this is good enough to put in its own thread? I'll make one quick but idk if I should just leave it here or not.

@PUO3 you think this is good enough to put in its own thread? I'll make one quick but idk if I should just leave it here or not.
Fuck ya, I read that one a while back and it was one of the better pieces Ive come across.

Never forget Lennox. Lol a few sentences in the guy has me remembering what Lennox did to ppl. Holy shit what a monster.
I was like 15 or so when him and Mike fought. It rustled my jimmies do badly. I knew he was going to lose but he got put down like Old Yeller.

This is one of the ATG’s.
8LjjwCl.gif

I was like 15 or so when him and Mike fought. It rustled my jimmies do badly. I knew he was going to lose but he got put down like Old Yeller.

This is one of the ATG’s.
8LjjwCl.gif

My brother always says this is one of his favorite ko's of all time as well. Hard to argue, it's fucking beautiful. The sound that shit makes is so violent lol. One of the greatest punchers ever, for sure. And apparently he's such a nice guy too, I love the irony of that. Poor Rahman.

clearly wilder...wilder is strong as an ox...6-7 and all lean muscle with super broad sholders....the closest thing to a genetic freak and probably the hardest single-hitter in boxing history.

Back