Who hits harder, George Foreman or Deontay Wilder?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Foreman and Wilder are possibly two of the hardest punching HWs ever. Neither of them were known for having good technique. I feel Wilder has more one-punch knockout power, while Foreman had more of the clubbing type of power.

What do you think?

How did you work out that Wilder is one of the heaviest punchers ever?

The reason he appears to hit harder than he does is his speed for a HW, he gets his power in the right place at high velocity.

We don't even know if he hits harder than Joshua.

To the question, Foreman hits much harder, he used to batter HW's around the ring like he was beating up children.

Huge assumptions being made here

"Harder" might be more difficult to ascertain, but based on how the quality of opposition has taken their respective punches, I would say that Foreman hits better and he hits hard, whereas Wilder hits hard with one hand. You line'em both up and have them punch "in a vacuum" you might get an idea, but that's an impractical way to measure how someone hits hard in a fight when there are lots of variables and nothing is static.

Big George hits harder than wilder, props to shavers aswell as mentioned above

Not even close George was on another league as far as power goes.

The reason he appears to hit harder than he does is his speed for a HW, he gets his power in the right place at high velocity.

To the question, Foreman hits much harder, he used to batter HW's around the ring like he was beating up children.

You do know how to calculate power right...?

Something about the way he puts people down may be telling to his power....?

Of all things to critique or question Wilder on, that isnt one of them.

It's tough to say as they're different kinds of punchers. Foreman had more power in his left hand, without question, and he was more heavy handed (as in each shot that Foreman threw landed heavy), but when Wilder lands his right hand with everything behind it, he might be able to do a bit more damage with a single shot. Foreman could deliver his power much more consistently and was just plain better, but Wilder might be the bigger one shot puncher.

There was a thread about some guy that used to spar with al these legends, he was saying something like Foreman wasn't the fastest guy but even with '' weak '' punches he knocks you back. A lot of legends are saying Foreman was one of the hardest hitters.

Something about the way he puts people down may be telling to his power....?

Of all things to critique or question Wilder on, that isnt one of them.

The question wasn't has Wilder got power read the post again.

The question was does he hit harder than Foreman and is he one of the hardest hitting HW's of all time.

You need to work on your comprehension skills because your always going off the rails on peoples replies.

I could name at least a handful of obvious harder hitters than Wilder, if you believe he hits harder than Foreman and is one of the hardest hitters of all time then stay ignorant.

It's tough to say as they're different kinds of punchers. Foreman had more power in his left hand, without question, and he was more heavy handed (as in each shot that Foreman threw landed heavy), but when Wilder lands his right hand with everything behind it, he might be able to do a bit more damage with a single shot. Foreman could deliver his power much more consistently and was just plain better, but Wilder might be the bigger one shot puncher.

THIS

That Wilder right hand is no joke. It reminds me of Tommy Hearns right hand. It is so incredibly hard if not downright impossible to time. That right hand is nasty. Watch the Ortiz fight, that first knockdown, it landed on his forehead and was partially blocked but still had him badly hurt. He literally punches through guys guards and still puts them down. Also the last uppercut that put Ortiz down for the last time, he landed that at a very short inside distance. His right hand is very versatile and is about as deadly as any right hand I’ve ever seen.

George was a much more powerful man. He would push anyone, including Wilder back for 12 rounds. He had great short punches and disdainful hooks on top of a thudding jab, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilders right hand is more dangerous than George’s.

InbornPoorJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

This isn't the only example of why I would say Wilder probably hits harder, but when he lands that right hand guys react in very weird ways. He can glance a shot off of a forehead and it seems to just make a your whole body lose its shit and go haywire. Weird type of power that has rarely been seen in this sport. I would say yeah he has more on shot power than Big George but it's obviously all conjecture when it comes to a subject like this.

There was a thread about some guy that used to spar with al these legends, he was saying something like Foreman wasn't the fastest guy but even with '' weak '' punches he knocks you back. A lot of legends are saying Foreman was one of the hardest hitters.

It's a great thread, I've read it a couple times over but it's been awhile. Will try to find it if I get a few mins to search teh googles. I remember, as you mentioned, he said Foreman would physically move him with every shot, and also when Foreman hit him the whole side of his face that George landed on would go numb, lol. That can't be fun.

Iirc he also said the hardest puncher he ever got hit by was Wlad, and I think he said it was by a clear margin. Something about how he had always had a good chin and even tho guys had kicked his ass he had never gotten legit ko'd until Wlad hit him with one of those leaping left hooks of his. Left him staring up at the ceiling or something. Wlad could fucking crack, man.

Deontay takes several rounds to stop Splitzka and Ortiz..

Foreman buried Frazier and Norton in minutes with his power and brute force alone.

Back