Who here thinks ufc has a serious personal conduct problem with fighters?

Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
<JRSmith40>
giphy.gif
I understand that "they're fighters so who cares argument" but I wonder if others feel there's a growing trend.

Jones - constantly having problems
Werdum/Ferguson - confrontation
Volkan Oezdemir assault? - ufc immediately issues statement
Conor Mcgregor /bellator - ufc ignores?
Covington / werdum confrontation

Cyborg and that weird woman?

This is just a recent string, I was hoping ufc would aggressively address McGregor and more so Werdum. I thought they should have pulled werdum off the card.

I think at some point ufc needs to send a message and really whack someone in pockets

https://media.giphy.com/media/pa37AAGzKXoek/giphy.gif

Pull Werdum off the card?

UFC Fight Night: Rawlings vs the chick that beat her.

Would draw huge numbers.

If the Oz thing is really just a bar fight , that would be a lot a Fckng BS for nothin'

But yeah, the UFC Will be wayyyyyy harder on mid/low tier fighters.

No doubt.

This is just a recent string, I was hoping ufc would aggressively address McGregor and more so Werdum. I thought they should have pulled werdum off the card.

I think at some point ufc needs to send a message and really whack someone in pockets

Pointless.....They can do something right after, people paying their tickets to see the former champ in a boring fight should get their money`s worth.

It’s not like the UFC is a legit league.

Because, most pro sports have morality clauses in the contracts.

But, it doesn’t look good on the UFC, or MMA itself.

Are you surprised that fighters fight? Or make bad decisions? I am not. Moron.

"Mr. Zimet, a former federal prosecutor, described the incident that formed the basis of the case as nothing more than a bar room altercation in which Mr. Oezdemir, who was not the aggressor, was totally justified in all of his actions pursuant to Florida law."

Oezdemir is innocent!
Can't blame the dude for defending himself.

Do not look towards combat sports for upwardly mobile and upstanding citizens.

It’s not like the UFC is a legit league.

Because, most pro sports have morality clauses in the contracts.

But, it doesn’t look good on the UFC, or MMA itself.

If the UFC wants to lose the drunken frat boy image, then they need to start setting the expectations for behavior far higher than they do now.

People greatly underestimate the consequences of taking repeated blows to the head.

Do you even follow the NFL bro?

<JRSmith40>
giphy.gif
I understand that "they're fighters so who cares argument" but I wonder if others feel there's a growing trend.

Jones - constantly having problems
Werdum/Ferguson - confrontation
Volkan Oezdemir assault? - ufc immediately issues statement
Conor Mcgregor /bellator - ufc ignores?
Covington / werdum confrontation

Cyborg and that weird woman?

It's only so much to do. What do you want from them?

If the UFC wants more control, then the fighters would have to be employees. They are not.

I'm having a hard time giving a shit about the personal lives of fighters or words they choose to use.

How they conduct themselves is irrelevant to me when the end result of them punching each other in the face is the same.

<{JustBleed}>

It'll get to the point where the UFC lets too much slide, and they end up being forced into serious reorganizing by an act of Congress so that they're like more popular sports leagues (NFL, NBA, etc) along with.... you guessed it... a very powerful Union.

Back