Who here thinks that Manuwa is a better striker than Rumble?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rumble is a bit more explosive, more powerful though.

tumblr_nu8soxZnuD1tugoyjo1_400.gif

Rumble actually rocked him seconds into the fight as well.

Manuwa hits hard but the fighters that Rumble has finished would make me give the nod to him.
Rumble also has a nasty left high kick.

They kind of fought... and also Manuwa got KOed by Gus while Rumble...

Rumble might be the best striker in the whole UFC, effectiveness wise he certainly looks it at the moment.

You Johnny-Come-Lately's are just downright awful.

Jimmy looked really hesitant to let them go. He's got the tools to get it done, just waits a while for an opening.

Manuwa hits hard but the fighters that Rumble has finished would make me give the nod to him.
Look at poor Jimi nodding/having a seizure on the way down, never noticed that before lol.

Quite frankly, whoever touches the other first would win in a vs fight imo. Thats a toss up.

But the better striker? I would go with rumble at this point.

your handle fits this thread perfectly :D

Last edited:
Right now I don't think he's a better striker, for the obvious reason that rumble beat him and also gus. What I can say is that at this point I'm not dismissive of him and there's still a possibility of him being able to make some more waves in the top five if he can manage to stay there a little longer.

Rumble is probably the most dangerous striker in all UFC

Edit: I just went full Rogan

Jimmy looked really hesitant to let them go. He's got the tools to get it done, just waits a while for an opening.
Yeah i think manuwa MIGHT be a little more technical but rumble is just a wrecking Machine who covers the distance fast and is way more aggresive than jimi. I thought he was afraid to trade with rumble, then again who wouldn't lol

I literally just watched that fight. He might look better with his technique than rumble does, but when putting those tools to use when it matters most......well, we already know the answer to this.

Rumble is the better striker by far. He also has dangerous kickboxing that when rates crazy power as well. He's also been successful against far more superior strikers than Manuwa.

Manuwa is a one hitter quitter. Either he hits you and wins or he doesn't and he gets KTFO.
Rumble is way more rounded with his striking than Jimi is and way more powerful too.

Manuwa is technically better imo & gains stoppages off very efficient punches. Rumble winds up to kingdom come a lot. Rumble won but they'll fight again & better believe Manuwa can put Rumble or DC out. Manuwa only recently got any kind of respect from you guys, despite being 17-2 with 15 KOs.

They have fought each other. They also fought Gus with drastically different outcomes.

Back