Who here thinks HW Cormier may beat a Prime Fedor?

I think prime Fedor probably lands huge and KOs him, but DC certainly has plenty of paths to victory, if he doesn't.

It's okay though. Keep showing off that American public school system <DirkMavs>
Except I didn't go to public school in America. I have have had education in India, Canada, and the US.

It's alright friend, I can see you have given up.

Do you people even read what the hell you post? Obviously not.

Fedor bigger, stronger, and faster than DC my ass. This has to be the funniest full of shit post ever on sherdog.

Fedor small ass is definitely not bigger than DC. Fedor was 220 - 230 pounds at most. DC weighed close to 250 at HW.

I'm not sure what in the world makes you think Fedor is stronger than DC, please tell me what brings you to that conclusion? Anyone with a brain knows DC is stronger than Fedor without question and would have a strength advantage easily. DC flipped Josh Barnett over his head with a broken hand, Fedor could never do anything like that.

The speed advantage would probably go to Fedor BARELY, not by much at all. That seems like the only part you thought clearly about before posting.

Yeah so DC weighed in at a grand total of 238 lbs vs Barnett. Prime Fedor was anywhere between 230-240 lbs. Fedor also has a distinct height and reach advantage. Fedor is just simply the bigger person. Deal with it

DC has great wrestling technique, no doubt. But I'm talking about actual strength, actual power. A big part of this concept is punching power. Numerous respected MMA veterans have gone on record saying Fedor is the hardest puncher they've ever experienced. Regarding grappling strength, Fedor isn't exactly a slouch there either, ragdolling large HWs like Herring and Schilt and making it look easy

The speed advantage is substantial, especially in terms of reflexes

Seriously dude, go watch some old Fedor fights in Pride. You might actually enjoy it

Except I didn't go to public school in America. I have have had education in India, Canada, and the US.

It's alright friend, I can see you have given up.

Nah. I agree with you now.

CM Punk is a better fighter than Fedor because he fought in the UFC and Fedor didn't.

Logic <DirkMavs>

Would be a good fight. Fedors wrestling/Sambo is right up there with DC. Fedor has fast counters, heavy hands, and great takedowns. As well as subs from his super fast transitions. I don't see DC handling all Fedor had when he was the man. People just don't see how fast he was, his movements and transitions, etc. Still no one even today that has the total package he had.

Says DC is very hittable. Posts a gif of Fedor fighting with his hands down.

Would you rather I post gifs of Fedor's stand up defense vs arguably the greatest striker in MMA history?

KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

IdealRemoteAbyssiniancat-max-1mb.gif

JadedVigilantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif

ClosedMasculineIndianabat.gif

2db5d10.jpg

And prior to this fight the MMA universe was amazed by Mirko's cat-quick reflexes...

Would be a good fight. Fedors wrestling/Sambo is right up there with DC. Fedor has fast counters, heavy hands, and great takedowns. As well as subs from his super fast transitions. I don't see DC handling all Fedor had when he was the man. People just don't see how fast he was, his movements and transitions, etc. Still no one even today that has the total package he had.

Exactly. Discussion of Fedor today is typically limited to his skillset, but people have either forgotten or never known just how great of an athlete he was in MMA. He had innate physical gifts that would give him a significant edge in any era

Cormier via being a more evolved athlete with greater dedication, resources and training.

The mir and anderson fights arent a knock against dc to me. Those were easy fights. Hardly broke a sweat.

prime Fedor would have put that version of Mir into a mayonaise jar. It would have been a brutal finsish unlike DC who won a decision and even struggled at moments eating body kicks with no real answer for them other than panic wrestling.

With Anderson DC was coasting until an old ass Anderson hurt him with body kicks and looked to be turning around the momentum of the fight.

This isn't a knock on DC but those versions of Anderson and Mir werent half the fighter Fedor was in his prime and if they gave DC some problems its mind boggling to me how some of these guys in this thread assume that DC would "destroy" a prime Fedor.

Last edited:
Nah. I agree with you now.

CM Punk is a better fighter than Fedor because he fought in the UFC and Fedor didn't.

Logic <DirkMavs>
Poor logic. You miss the point.

Fedor fought in a different rule set, I am not saying he's better or worse than anyone. Just comparisons are off.

Compare him to people in his era, these cross era comparisons are just nostalgia based, not based in evidence.

He got beat by Dan Henderson, who was also past his prime. What's your excuse for that? TRT? Fedor fought in a PED league. Russians are notorious dopers.. coincidence?

Fedor has connections with Putin, who doped his olympic teams for the pride of Russia.

Would you rather I post gifs of Fedor's stand up defense vs arguably the greatest striker in MMA history?

KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

IdealRemoteAbyssiniancat-max-1mb.gif

JadedVigilantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif

ClosedMasculineIndianabat.gif

2db5d10.jpg

And prior to this fight the MMA universe was amazed by Mirko's cat-quick reflexes...
Man blocking shots was consider amazing back then?

DC takes him down and pounds him out.

DC keeps impressing me, but I really don't see it.
DC could obviously do some damage on the feet, but Fedor was competitive on the feet vs Mirko, so I have a hard time seing DC beat him there. On the ground it would obviously be all Fedor.
Whys it all Fedor on the ground? Fedor was good from the guard off his back for a HW but he was average at best at regaining guard once it was passed and if he couldn't muscle his way out of the position he basicaly flounderd there untill his opponent gave him the oppertunity to explode out. DCs wrestling would give him fits

Poor logic. You miss the point.

Fedor fought in a different rule set, I am not saying he's better or worse than anyone. Just comparisons are off.

Compare him to people in his era, these cross era comparisons are just nostalgia based, not based in evidence.

He got beat by Dan Henderson, who was also past his prime. What's your excuse for that? TRT? Fedor fought in a PED league. Russians are notorious dopers.. coincidence?

Fedor has connections with Putin, who doped his olympic teams for the pride of Russia.

UFC fighters fight in a different rule set almost every 2nd event... even within their own promotion.

Dan Henderson wasn't past his prime. In fact, pretty much all of the big wins of his career were during his TRT stretch. Oddly enough, he started losing almost every fight as soon as he got off of it. Then he got back on in it for the Shogun fight (which he won), and then got off it and went back to losing every fight.

Russians are notorious dopers <Dany07>

And we're pretending that Americans aren't ? <Dany07><Dany07>

Whys it all Fedor on the ground? Fedor was good from the guard off his back for a HW but he was average at best at retaining guard once it was passed and of he couldn't muscle his way out he basicaly flounderd there untill his opponent gave him the oppertunity to explode out. DCs wrestling would give him fits

He swept both Arona and Noguiera multiple times....

Man tough one to call, only if they fought in the gp. I'd take DC by decision if he won, and Fedor by armbar if he won.

Back