Who here thinks HW Cormier may beat a Prime Fedor?

I think DC wins, he is 100% taking Fedor down and his sub defense is elite. Jon Jones would also beat prime Fedor, but it would be more violent
After seeing how Fedor compares in a cage vs a ring, I think it is imperative to know where this takes place. Fedor is like 31-0 in a ring 5-5 in a cage.

Overeem toyed with Bigfoot and didn't take him seriously untill he gassed out. Hunt beat the hell out of Silva standing and the ref saved him, I don't know what fight you were watching. Lol Bigfoot might be the only man in history who did not KO arlovski after hitting him flush. That fight does you no favor, fanboy. It proves my point. Getting outboxed by Bigfoot is embarrassing, Fedor was embarrassed.
<TrumpWrong1>

Sure.. with his purple belt in BJJ he will dominate a multiple Sambo World champion, And one of the greatest mma grapplers of all time.

Many newer fans never saw the crazy things Fedor did, And can not understand it. So sometimes it is better to be quiet.
Yeah with his olympic wrestling he definitely will. I don't know if you're being serious or not. I watched Fedor since Pride, and I'm a huge fan. Have shirts from his events in 2009 onward too. So gtfo.

Cormier is just a better fighter, overall, especially in wrestling/clinch/ etc. against better opponents.

Cage with modern rules: I'd consider DC an easy favorite.

Ring with PRIDE rules: 50/50. Fedor had crazy speed, crazy power and was strong as fuck from the bottom. Sylvia said Fedor hit the hardest out of everyone who ever hit him.
Obviously Ray Mercer hits way way harder than Fedor.

Yeah with his olympic wrestling he definitely will. I don't know if you're being serious or not. I watched Fedor since Pride, and I'm a huge fan. Have shirts from his events in 2009 onward too. So gtfo.

Cormier is just a better fighter, overall, especially in wrestling/clinch/ etc. against better opponents.
Cormier is def the better wrestler, but Fedor has met bigger And stronger Wrestlers. I really don’t see Cormier bringing anything he hasn’t seen before.

If Cormier could avoid the clinch, he can survive. But it doesn’t mean he can win. Fedor was not just better in most areas, he was also bigger, stronger, faster And more powerful. On top of that, he had cardio that DC has never experienced before. And his chin was very good.

I still haven’t seen a HW til this day that I think can beat the Fedor from Pride. The way he moved, his sick transitions, skills and the things he did was just incredible. Anyone that saw that, would not pick a slow, medio BJJ with good wrestling to beat him. Especially not a much smaller, less powerful, wrestler that probably could do very little with his wrestling.

DC is great, but he has never faced anyone with similar skills, cardio, world class grappling and power, And dc is not even the best LHW in the world.

Cormier is def the better wrestler, but Fedor has met bigger And stronger Wrestlers. I really don’t see Cormier bringing anything he hasn’t seen before.

If Cormier could avoid the clinch, he can survive. But it doesn’t mean he can win. Fedor was not just better in most areas, he was also bigger, stronger, faster And more powerful. On top of that, he had cardio that DC has never experienced before. And his chin was very good.

I still haven’t seen a HW til this day that I think can beat the Fedor from Pride. The way he moved, his sick transitions, skills and the things he did was just incredible. Anyone that saw that, would not pick a slow, medio BJJ with good wrestling to beat him. Especially not a much smaller, less powerful, wrestler that probably could do very little with his wrestling.

DC is great, but he has never faced anyone with similar skills, cardio, world class grappling and power, And dc is not even the best LHW in the world.
Fedor is not stronger than Cormier. Maybe a hair faster. Maybe. But he doesn't have better cardio or wrestling. And Cormier has at least similar power. He's technically better standing too. Fedor's casting punches were loopy and easy for a mobile fighter like Cormier to dodge or block. Fedor never faced anyone as good as Cormier. Cormier has only faced top tier fighters his entire career.

I have DC winning by a comfortable decision.

If DC cant take Jones down, how is he going to take Prime Fedor down ?

Fedor is not stronger than Cormier. Maybe a hair faster. Maybe. But he doesn't have better cardio or wrestling. And Cormier has at least similar power. He's technically better standing too. Fedor's casting punches were loopy and easy for a mobile fighter like Cormier to dodge or block. Fedor never faced anyone as good as Cormier. Cormier has only faced top tier fighters his entire career.

{<jordan}

Fedor:
giphy.gif

Cormier:
tqqInDL.gif

..ok..
That is always the attitude of the younger viewers, and the young generation will say the same about Cormier and Jones in 10 years. But it is normal.

According to Gus, Cormier doesn't hit very hard, and we know he slows down if he can not control the fight. When he is heavier, it will be an even bigger problem... We also know when Fedor was at his best, he could do 10 min rounds, and look just as fresh, and was known to have great power. The weight advantage would also give him bigger strength, and wear even more on DC.

The way to beat that Fedor was to jab and stay on the outside, but nobody could really do that for 20 minutes, as Fedor had what is probably the best transitions and clinch we have ever seen in MMA..

We can discuss this forever, but no need to, as you seem to have made up your mind, that Fedor had little technique, and was just a guy throwing hard, looping punches against slow opponents... while in reality, he was one of the most technical fighters we have ever seen at HW.

Actually dumbass,youre the ridiculous one for bringing up moments in Fedors career from when he was 6-10 years past his prime.

This is CLEAR flaming of another poster. If I get double yellows for flaming, this guy should have yellows for this post. Def escalated the argument into something it did not need to be.

@Arkridge

..ok..
That is always the attitude of the younger viewers, and the young generation will say the same about Cormier and Jones in 10 years. But it is normal.

According to Gus, Cormier doesn't hit very hard, and we know he slows down if he can not control the fight. When he is heavier, it will be an even bigger problem... We also know when Fedor was at his best, he could do 10 min rounds, and look just as fresh, and was known to have great power. The weight advantage would also give him bigger strength, and wear even more on DC.

The way to beat that Fedor was to jab and stay on the outside, but nobody could really do that for 20 minutes, as Fedor had what is probably the best transitions and clinch we have ever seen in MMA..

We can discuss this forever, but no need to, as you seem to have made up your mind, that Fedor had little technique, and was just a guy throwing hard, looping punches against slow opponents... while in reality, he was one of the most technical fighters we have ever seen at HW.
Very, VERY great examples of making a straw man out of an argument. Never did I say either one of these. I'm a huge Fedor fan, and I have been for over a decade.

But regardless of how big of a fan I am, I'm also a realist. And a realist would recognize that DC is a better fighter overall, and faced far better opposition, whilst having more stringent testing. And he started MUCH later. AND he's still going, around the same age as Fedor, with FAR less losses. And he's beaten people who smashed Fedor. With relative ease, too. (Hendo, Bigfoot)

Stop letting your fandom blind you, dude. Fedor was a great, top 5 of all time, for sure. But DC is top 2-3 of all time.

The only chance Fedor wins is via submission from the guard... Not gonna be able to armbar dc

Very, VERY great examples of making a straw man out of an argument. Never did I say either one of these. I'm a huge Fedor fan, and I have been for over a decade.

But regardless of how big of a fan I am, I'm also a realist. And a realist would recognize that DC is a better fighter overall, and faced far better opposition, whilst having more stringent testing. And he started MUCH later. AND he's still going, around the same age as Fedor, with FAR less losses. And he's beaten people who smashed Fedor. With relative ease, too. (Hendo, Bigfoot)

Stop letting your fandom blind you, dude. Fedor was a great, top 5 of all time, for sure. But DC is top 2-3 of all time.
As I am a realist. I have not seen anyone at HW until this day that I think can beat Fedor in his best years. Certainly not a LHW that looks pretty slow, has relatively little power, And has a brown belt in BJJ.

As this huge fan of Fedor you claim to be, I am sure you saw his decline in 07’ 08’, when he started looking like a shitty, headhunting brawler in mma? In the Lindland fight And after, he looked like a completely different fighter. The same year Fedor was dominated in Sambo, And looked untrained And lost, ending 8 years undefeated in the Sport. And you bring up fights 4-5 years after he started losing it, And talk about age?

You Are also comparing the Liddell that fought Randy in 05 to the Chuck that fought Franklin in 2010?

Back