Who here thinks a peak/prime Anthony Pettis beats Conor?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fan of both guys, more even of Pettis... i think he in his best form is capable of beating Conor...

Great kicks, subs and chin... What u guys say?

nope.

Pettis sub wont come into play since shit wrestling.
Pettis kicks wont come into play since he'll be going backwards and being pressured since thats what conor does.
So basically its going to be a boxing match... so easy win for conor.

Pettis is still in his prime he's just not that good and it's showing. Conor would destroy him.

Pettis back in the days was a scary dude. Good chin too(still is). Not the same aura anymore.

Conor would collect one more head, place it in Mr. Fertitta's desk, and discuss business while drinking fine whiskey.

{<Mcgoat}

Conor's hands low strategy would get him koed out cold by a kick. If a pillow fisted Nate can rock you.. Well lmao.

doesn't have the hands for it.

i think anthony could have success early with his kicks. but conor eventually gauges the distance and picks him apart.

Prime Pettis beats Conor.

Conor only beats midgets and scared Aldos.

Prime Pettis kills Conor. Conor got wobbled and panic wrestled by a 1-2 from Nate Diaz lol. A headkick from Pettis and Conor sublimates. Conor has cardio for 2 rounds and Pettis never tires. Pettis also has an excellent chin(has he ever been knocked down? I don't remember but I don't think so). If the fight ever touches the ground,Conor taps quicker than ever. Conor only has a puncher's chance.

lmao fuck no.

anyone who thinks pettis wins is one of those bitter dorks that thinks conor loses to like everyone, and loses every single hypothetical matchup.

Any version of Pettis would have gotten fucked up.

Mcgregor would get a shin dinged of his forehead and go night night

All biases aside, Pettis vs Conor is a competitive fight, that I'd love to see.

Pettis is still in his prime,he was just overrated.He'd still arguably beat Conor especially if he can get him tired or gets it to the ground.I'd lean toward Conor but wouldn't be surprised if Pettis took him out.

Still think he can better kicks, better ground game, better chance for submissions. The high pressure could be a problem though....

GTFO with all the "he's only 30" comments.

Some fighters burn out early, happens all the time. It's not just physical, but also mental.

GTFO with all the "he's only 30" comments.

Some fighters burn out early, happens all the time. It's not just physical, but also mental.

I agree but when was his prime?When he got smoked by Clay Guida?His problems have always been there that's undeniable.I think he's a good bit better now,his grappling vs Do Bronx was impressive considering who he was against.I think he was just overrated back then and his wrestling was clearly exposed in a handful of fights and his wrestling is/was still much better than vs Guida which he ruled soon after.

Back