Who here still thinks Chuck Liddell was one of the top 3 LHW's ever?

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do. War Iceman

2hftekw.jpg

1280x720-PkF.jpg

Chuck-Liddell.png

susumu39.jpg

Jones
Liddell
Shogun

That's just in what they've accomplished at LHW I think Cormier could very well beat chuck but still hasn't accomplished what he has at LHW imo

I have Jones Shogun and Chuck as top 3.

The top 3 is debatable. The top 5. Jones, Chuck, Shogun, Wand and Rampage is not so debatable.

Jones
Liddell
Shogun

That's just in what they've accomplished at LHW I think Cormier could very well beat chuck but still hasn't accomplished what he has at LHW imo

Agreed. For me, you could substitute either Wand, Rampage or Shogun for 3rd

He wasn't then, and he definitely isn't now, but it does amaze me the number of 'Liddell LHW GOAT' posts I've seen over the last 12 months
I guess we're in that nostalgia window or something

Jones, Shogun, Wand, Rampage and Hendo are abovbe him historically in my eyes.

I can't put him above Rampage and I can't put Rampage above Wand and Shogun. Considering Jones is number one, I'll let you do the maths...

My favourite old school fighter and and a top 3 LHW in my opinion.

Come on, TS, you couldn’t write another Ronda or Conor thread?

The UFC is no longer pumping money into marketing the Liddell machine. He’s retired and I don’t think this Post-TUF generation of fans even knows who he is…

[insert_name_here];110545187 said:
Come on, TS, you couldn’t write another Ronda or Conor thread?

The UFC is no longer pumping money into marketing the Liddell machine. He’s retired and I don’t think this Post-TUF generation of fans even knows who he is…

That's what makes threads like this important. Newer school fans NEED to know about the legends who were more than just hype. Tales told of *gasp* guys who fought just because they liked to fight

I am a huge Shogun fan and to me he is the best LHW ever.

But objectively, there has never ever been a more skilled LHW than Machida.

Back