Who has the most interesting striking

I find Tony Ferguson the most entertaining to watch--reminds me of prime Chuck with an open and awkward style but very fast powerful and aggressive.

As many have mentioned, TJ.

I hope he can get past Cody again and set up the superfight with MM. Such a beautiful clash of styles.

Agree with you TS. TJ has the most inovative style. I know some people will say he copied Cruz but really their styles are so different. I'm sure it's possible it inspired him but his TJ's style is unique in the UFC.

Also very unusual to see a talented striker in MMA who is so aggressive at times, he does take alot of risks and goes into exchanges against elite MMA strikers regularly.

TJ's striking is directly a result of Duane Ludwig's coaching. "Bang Muay Thai" incorporates so many stance switches and aggressive angles specifically designed for MMA that it's difficult to prepare for, especially when it's being performed by a guy as talented and quick as TJ

giphy.gif

5S282l1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Agree with you TS. TJ has the most inovative style. I know some people will say he copied Cruz but really their styles are so different. I'm sure it's possible it inspired him but his TJ's style is unique in the UFC.

Also very unusual to see a talented striker in MMA who is so aggressive at times, he does take alot of risks and goes into exchanges against elite MMA strikers regularly.

It's especially impressive to me because most "illusive" fighters don't have that same tendency.

TJ is smart but certainly not scared. Barao clips him here twice and he just calls him on.

tumblr_ns3f6zPNxq1uymb4eo2_400.gif

It's especially impressive to me because most "illusive" fighters don't have that same tendency.

TJ is smart but certainly not scared. Barao clips him here twice and he just calls him on.

tumblr_ns3f6zPNxq1uymb4eo2_400.gif
Agreed

But it’s “elusive”

Unless I’ve missed a joke

I thought dillashaw was a stud ever since TUF. My only thing similar to Cruz’s style is that I think it’s open to getting counter punched with some of those snappy straights. Tj has better defense than Cruz but when you commit that often to attacking it can get you wrecked by one big shot. He’s just so damn athletic and has great reflexes to help compensate for this along with his follow up combos. It’s his original strikes or single strikes that I think he can be taken out from. Still though as others have said one of my favorite strikers to watch for sure

I’m very interested in where adesanyas(sp?) striking goes from here.

Prime Anderson Silva. Dat head movement. <{silvanormal}>

Prime Anderson Silva is my all time favorite in that regard. He just had the magic, and I really don't care if he was juicing and it's not relevant in this post. As far as modern strikers, for sure tj and I like how max Holloway has evolved his game, very volume and combo based with all limbs

Back