Who has the bigger name: Brad Pitt or Leo DiCaprio?

he was a teen heartthrob before doing movies due to his role on Growing Pains.

Some random sitcom he was on for a year? No. He was not a star. Lol at teen heartthrob, you're acting like some chick obsessed with him.

How was he a star? Nobody saw those movies. It was Titanic that got him recognition.
He was nominated for Gilbert Grape. He even turned down the role for Robin the Batman movies. All this before Titanic. True enough Titanic made him much more famous but he wasn't exactly a D level actor at the time

He was nominated for Gilbert Grape. He even turned down the role for Robin the Batman movies. All this before Titanic. True enough Titanic made him much more famous but he wasn't exactly a D level actor at the time

No one said he was D level but he clearly wasn't a star or a draw. That movie did only 10 million. The movie that made him famous is Titanic. Period.

I don't think it matters if they are both in the film, Burt Reynolds will most likely overshadow them with his performance like he did to everyone in Boogie Nights. I'm not sure why he chose lousy roles after that when he was gaining rave reviews after BN

Some random sitcom he was on for a year? No. He was not a star. Lol at teen heartthrob, you're acting like some chick obsessed with him.
in case youre unaware, I am this forum's most vocal Dicaprio hater. I have vocally stated in nearly every thread discussing his films that his presence ruined it. The guy can't act for shit.

But I witnessed the rise of his stardom firsthand and there was no other guy from that era who had the same female adoration, aside from young Johnny Depp and River Phoenix.

Brad Pitt was in Seven, Fight Club and Snatch, so that settles it for me on a personal level. He's pretty much my model for masculinity. And for a lot of other guys my age as well- a fact I don't think should be underestimated if we're talking cultural impact.

Leonardo DiCaprio is pretty much my antithesis of masculinity- he's the man I never want to be. And he used to be that to a lot of other guys my age as well... it is only in resent years that the hipster shemales in the generation below mine has started talking him up as this genius artiste. Which he is, don't get me wrong. I just dislike him on a gut level.

All in all, I don't think there is much doubt that DiCaprio is more versatile, and just a plain better actor. He's consistently picked movies with mass appeal, while Pitt has gone for more niche roles.
The only thing that can be said for Pitt is that I think he's meant more to people than DiCaprio, and that his best movies has influenced society more.

Brad Pitt was in Seven, Fight Club and Snatch, so that settles it for me on a personal level. He's pretty much my model for masculinity. And for a lot of other guys my age as well- a fact I don't think should be underestimated if we're talking cultural impact.

Leonardo DiCaprio is pretty much my antithesis of masculinity- he's the man I never want to be. And he used to be that to a lot of other guys my age as well... it is only in resent years that the hipster shemales in the generation below mine has started talking him up as this genius artiste. Which he is, don't get me wrong. I just dislike him on a gut level.

All in all, I don't think there is much doubt that DiCaprio is more versatile, and just a plain better actor. He's consistently picked movies with mass appeal, while Pitt has gone for more niche roles.
The only thing that can be said for Pitt is that I think he's meant more to people than DiCaprio, and that his best movies has influenced society more.
Is Snatch a good movie? Haven't seen it.
Both Se7en and Fight Club were legendary classics!

How was he a star? Nobody saw those movies. It was Titanic that got him recognition.

DiCaprio did Romeo + Juliet before Titanic. The girls at my highschool were going crazy over him because of that movie. He was definitely a star. Anyway, both guys have made tons of good movies but both are also suffering a bit from Hollywood only releasing superhero flicks and sequels - the kind of epic or quirky roles that suit them are in short supply atm.

Snatch is pretty awesome, but I think it (and Lock, Stock which is virtually the same movie) came out at the exact right time, which exactly the right cast, soundtrack etc. It's still funny to hear Pitt talk absolute bollocks in it today, but Snatch has kind of aged.

...Fight Club, which is more accurate today than it was in 1999.

Snatch is pretty awesome, but I think it (and Lock, Stock which is virtually the same movie) came out at the exact right time, which exactly the right cast, soundtrack etc. It's still funny to hear Pitt talk absolute bollocks in it today, but Snatch has kind of aged.

...Fight Club, which is more accurate today than it was in 1999.
I should watch it then. Downloading...

My wife made me watch snatch I'd not seen it and I loved it
However.. I'm not sure how much of it will go over your head as it's a British gangster movie and there's a lot of funny bits and cameos that only brits will care about

If your into it though watch 'layer cake' aswell
That's fucking excellent

Brad, has had better movies. DiCaprio in his last two movies, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Revenant, in one movie, all he did was yell, and the in the other, all he did was murmur.

Brad Pitt. He was so big they had to make a Hispanic version of him.

410500.jpg

Its Antonio Banderas!!!

I think they've both had their moments and Leo is ahead right now.

Back