Who has the bigger name: Brad Pitt or Leo DiCaprio?

I’d rather spend a weekend in Vegas with George Clooney and Brad Pitt than Leo. Seems classier. Like they are the true heirs to Sinatra and Martin. Leo always seems like a kid in comparison.

And I would be saying that without the Ocean’s movies being a factor.
seems like a kid? How?

After finding out that these 2 will have their first movie together next year, under Quentin Tarantino.

Which actor do you think has the bigger name? The bigger star? The higher billing?

ECihptM.jpg

10 or 15 years ago it would've been Brad easily. Today, it's obviously Leo.

Brad seems to have kind of faded away a bit. I can't remember the last time he had a movie that had a lot of buzz around it and became a big hit.
Leo was always bigger. Titanic alone outgrosses a dozen of Pitt's starring roles combined. He may not appeal to the Sherdog audience, but he has far bigger drawing power.

Leo is a bigger name now, Pitt was bigger back in the day. He hasnt really been in anything notable recently.

Leo was always bigger. Titanic alone outgrosses a dozen of Pitt's starring roles combined. He may not appeal to the Sherdog audience, but he has far bigger drawing power.

Lol that's like saying Sam Worthington is a huge draw because he was in Avatar. Titanic was Leo's first big role, he wasn't a star back then.

Lol that's like saying Sam Worthington is a huge draw because he was in Avatar. Titanic was Leo's first big role, he wasn't a star back then.
He already did his best work BEFORE Titanic- namely Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries. I think he's a shit actor but he was definitely a star before Titanic came along, though nowhere near the global icon that he later became.

Looking at Pitt's filmography now it appears he had the deeper body of work in 97, but he was a supporting actor in those movies.

I think they are on the exact same level. In terms of name recognition you're not going to find anyone who knows one & not the other. I assume that's what meant by bigger name right? Fame?

He already did his best work BEFORE Titanic- namely Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries. I think he's a shit actor but he was definitely a star before Titanic came along, though nowhere near the global icon that he later became.

Looking at Pitt's filmography now it appears he had the deeper body of work in 97, but he was a supporting actor in those movies.
Fight Club and Se7en

at this point, Leo.

Brad Pitt is great but DiCaprio is elite and his career is full of blockbusters.

Leo. Brad Pitt has a super recognizable name though for sure.

Leo for sure.

Pitt is a great actor but Leo is on another level.

Going with my gut? If someone came up and said "You can see one of two movies" and all I know is one stars Pitt and the other Leo?...damn that's tough!....I'll take my chance with Leo..and then instantly wonder what I missed rejecting Pitt.

Leo has more Oscar nominations and a win.

Brad Pitt is probably the first name someone thinks when talking about good looking leading actors and ha more gossip around because his marriages to Angelina and jennifer Aniston.

I think is a tie.

At this point, I'd think Leo gets the better movies but Pitt has the bigger presence in all his movies.

Didn't care much for Titanic. Inception was a good movie but imo overhyped. Shutter Island, Revenant, Wolf of Wall Street were not bad.

His best performance imo was in Django Unchained but Christoph Waltz was the real star of the show.

Brad Pitt always seemed to be the star of his movies even when he's not the lead, such as Snatch. He shared the movie with Clooney in the Ocean's franchises.

I enjoyed most of Pitt's performances but I can't say the same for Dicaprio. So I'd go with a Pitt movie over Dicaprio's if forced to choose.

DiCaprio is getting lead role and top billing next to Pitt in Tarantino's new movie.

How was he a star? Nobody saw those movies. It was Titanic that got him recognition.

Back