Who has the best hands in Muay Thai and Kickboxing?

Pedrosyan, Sittichaiif he counts as a kickboxer, Roosmalen maybe not sure about that one but looking at Holzken's last few fights he might be, Spong maybe, Jomthong if he counts as a kickboxer, Yodsenklai if he counts as a kickboxer.

Ok so I have a lot of maybes but Pedrosyan is without a doubt a better boxer and some of the guys I listed probably happen to be better boxers even if not all of them. Holzken does some things very well but he has also some glaring weaknesses that he seemingly can't correct.

Petrosyan maybe I could agree with but Sittichai and Rooosmalen great hands? They're good at what they do but there's nothing fancy in terms of their boxing strikes and combos. Even Yodsanklai, great fighter but I don't consider him one if the best hands. I would still consider Holzken better hands compared to all those especially when looking at highlight videos of all them all, even with his recent lack of performance. You pretty much in agreement with me that Holzken and Spong are up there then? Apart from also Petro.

Petrosyan maybe I could agree with but Sittichai and Rooosmalen great hands? They're good at what they do but there's nothing fancy in terms of their boxing strikes and combos. Even Yodsanklai, great fighter but I don't consider him one if the best hands. I would still consider Holzken better hands compared to all those especially when looking at highlight videos of all them all, even with his recent lack of performance. You pretty much in agreement with me that Holzken and Spong are up there then? Apart from also Petro.

Boxing doesn't need to be fancy it needs to work. There have been very good or even great boxers with non fancy boxing. How is that a requirement? If Holzken was still fighting at 70kg then I think Roosmalen would have at least a chance and Holzken would most likely opt to become Kicky Holzken like he did in the latest Groenhardt match.

And Roosmalen's boxing has improved a lot in recent years. His headmovement, jab, punch selections and combinations punching has gotten much better.

Sittichai's hands ahve imrpoved a lot since joining Glory. Obviously it had to do with his kicks setting things up but he did well even with his hands vs Roosmalen.

Holzken ahs great punch selection good power and speed, decent defence but he can be outworked. he does his thing where he walks forward until the other guy is at the ropes and then releases great combinations but while he walks forward he does very little and he doesn't have the same offence when you push him back.

I can't remember when I saw Yodsenklai ever getting outboxed. He knocked out a (young tbf) Artem levin and even in a rematch when Levin had gotten much better they had a competitive fight. And Levin is not only several weight classes bigger but a decent boxer himself.
Who has outboxed Yodsenklai?

Boxing doesn't need to be fancy it needs to work. There have been very good or even great boxers with non fancy boxing. How is that a requirement? If Holzken was still fighting at 70kg then I think Roosmalen would have at least a chance and Holzken would most likely opt to become Kicky Holzken like he did in the latest Groenhardt match.

And Roosmalen's boxing has improved a lot in recent years. His headmovement, jab, punch selections and combinations punching has gotten much better.

Sittichai's hands ahve imrpoved a lot since joining Glory. Obviously it had to do with his kicks setting things up but he did well even with his hands vs Roosmalen.

Holzken ahs great punch selection good power and speed, decent defence but he can be outworked. he does his thing where he walks forward until the other guy is at the ropes and then releases great combinations but while he walks forward he does very little and he doesn't have the same offence when you push him back.

I can't remember when I saw Yodsenklai ever getting outboxed. He knocked out a (young tbf) Artem levin and even in a rematch when Levin had gotten much better they had a competitive fight. And Levin is not only several weight classes bigger but a decent boxer himself.
Kyshenko

Artem Levin in the Sport Accord tournament outboxed Yod, so did Kyshenko and a complete random in Yasuhito Shirasu was Knocking his head around. You can probably argue Souwer as well.

Back