Who has the best hands in Muay Thai and Kickboxing?

Samart and Holzken IMO, with honourable mentions for Spong and Saki.

But it doesn't necessarily work like that. Kickfighting and boxing are two completely different sports. There have been guys who started in kickfighting, then went to boxing and had success, and then gone back to kickfighting and looked like they have no real "boxing" advantage over their competition at all; or at least not to the extent that their pedigree might lead you to naively expect

The sad part is that you clearly didn't read carefully through my whole post. You missed the part where I said "as long as both can be implemented effectively against the opponent."

I'm well aware that there are many fighters who have trouble blending styles successfully, feel awkward switching back and forth, or simply choose to stick to one or the other for their respective sport. But please, read carefully next time.

Samart and Holzken IMO, with honourable mentions for Spong and Saki.

Holzken surely doesn't have the best hands in kickboxing wtf.

Petrosyan's hands are much better and there are a few kickboxers with better boxing than Holzken

Holzken surely doesn't have the best hands in kickboxing wtf.

Petrosyan's hands are much better and there are a few kickboxers with better boxing than Holzken

I guess it's all about perception and , just like the p4p and GOAT rankings. Who are the few kickboxers at the top with better boxing than Holzken that you have in mind?

I highly doubt Samart is the best boxer to come out of muay thai or kickfighting in general. His initial boxing career wasn't that long.

Some amateur fighters probably deserve mention (Tony brought up Chatchai). Winning a medal at the olympics or world championships is probably as difficult or more difficult than winning an alphabet soup title.
Have you got any videos of his Muay Thai fights?

I guess it's all about perception and , just like the p4p and GOAT rankings. Who are the few kickboxers at the top with better boxing than Holzken that you have in mind?

Pedrosyan, Sittichaiif he counts as a kickboxer, Roosmalen maybe not sure about that one but looking at Holzken's last few fights he might be, Spong maybe, Jomthong if he counts as a kickboxer, Yodsenklai if he counts as a kickboxer.

Ok so I have a lot of maybes but Pedrosyan is without a doubt a better boxer and some of the guys I listed probably happen to be better boxers even if not all of them. Holzken does some things very well but he has also some glaring weaknesses that he seemingly can't correct.

Sittichai is a good puncher but is he a good Boxer? Pretty rudimentary to me. Clean straight shots and good timing but his science is lacking IMO.

For example, who?
See the first reply. But you could add Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Sot Chitalada, Ratanapol Sor Vorapin, Medgoen Singsurat, and others. And that mostly just professional fighters, if you added amateur fighters as well, you could find fighters who accomplished things which were comparable to or better than what Samart did as a pro.

Samart was a good boxer, but he wasn't unique amongst muay thai crossovers. He wasn't the first to win a world title nor was he the one who accomplished the most in boxing. I think most people just know of him because his muay thai career was so distinguished.

See the first reply. But you could add Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Sot Chitalada, Ratanapol Sor Vorapin, Medgoen Singsurat, and others. And that mostly just professional fighters, if you added amateur fighters as well, you could find fighters who accomplished things which were comparable to or better than what Samart did as a pro.

Samart was a good boxer, but he wasn't unique amongst muay thai crossovers. He wasn't the first to win a world title nor was he the one who accomplished the most in boxing. I think most people just know of him because his muay thai career was so distinguished.

Has any of those you mentioned win a world title?

Why do you judge amateur boxing as superior to professional?

Lol you got to be trolling. Google is your friend bro.

Well, we are trying to establish which muay thai fighters have the best hands... somebody says he "highly doubt" it's Samart... I'm simply asking to back up the "highly doubt" comment on a muay thai champion who's also a boxing champion, Samart.

It would take someone who far and away has higher accomplishments than Samart... so who's he?

Back