Who has the best ground n pound? (GIF HEAVY)

Fedors gnp produces more audible sound per whack/blunt force trauma

Lol

Like I said fedor is accurate but name 3 top guys be beat with ground and pound

Heath Herring
Big Nog (x2)
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
Chael Sonnen
Gary Goodridge
and etc...

Even if it was Heath herring and Big nog only that would be enough to qualify him as one of the best GNP fighters. It was that insanely powerful, vicious, calculated, and scary.

Heath Herring
Big Nog (x2)
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
Chael Sonnen
Gary Goodridge
and etc...

Even if it was Heath herring and Big nog only that would be enough to qualify him as one of the best GNP fighters. It was that insanely powerful, vicious, calculated, and scary.

I mis spoke I meant finished

Like I said fedor is accurate but name 3 top guys be beat with ground and pound

Fedor displayed his best GNP against Bog Nog. Big Nog had an iron chin though so it’s hardly a knock on him for not putting him away.

For some reason, Fedor liked to stand against strikers and did very well. He also didn’t mind fighting off his back.

His well-roundedness is the reason why you see less GNP TKOs, not his lack of power there. Cain’s game is primarily GNP.

I mis spoke I meant finished

Well that doesn't really matter. Technically anderson silva has finished more people with ground n pound than fedor, but silva could never ground n pound someone thw way fedor did to big nog. The performance he put up against big nog was so spectacular that it doesn't matter that he didn't finish him. Big Nog at that time was waay too tough to be finished anyway.

Well that doesn't really matter. Technically anderson silva has finished more people with ground n pound than fedor, but silva could never ground n pound someone thw way fedor did to big nog. The performance he put up against big nog was so spectacular that it doesn't matter that he didn't finish him. Big Nog at that time was waay too tough to be finished anyway.

We are drawing a comparison between best ground and pound guys and cains finish rate by gnp is much higher

Doesn't he have the least stoppages by GnP out of all those named?

Modern MMA has become GnP oriented. Fedor opened guys up for submissions with GNP. You’d never see Cain do that. If Fedor wanted, I’m sure he could put them away with GnP as well.

That’s the benefit of being well rounded. You have options.

We are drawing a comparison between best ground and pound guys and cains finish rate by gnp is much higher

You can view like that and its respectable but you can also compare the brutalness and technique of the GNP and say Khabib is more calculated and more brutal than Cain's despite having less SNP finishes.

Also Fedor has a wide array of ways to finish a fight, but when he does decide to GNP his opponents its just as nasty as Cain's imo

It will never cease to amaze me how Nog wasn't ko'd by not just that FIRST shot, but even the flush follow ups. It sounded like a home run ball being hit. Everyone at my house watching that ppv simultaneously said "HOLY SHIT!" as soon as the first one landed.

Because pretty much no one ever gets KOd from GnP from the guard?

22B56900-026B-4D2D-9A52-E8921880A543.gif
Guys, I apologize for the graphic nature of this post, but we need to recognize Goatiest Goater of GnP of all time.

Modern MMA has become GnP oriented. Fedor opened guys up for submissions with GNP. You’d never see Cain do that. If Fedor wanted, I’m sure he could put them away with GnP as well.

That’s the benefit of being well rounded. You have options.
Jones is also very well rounded. He hurts his opponent far more with GnP. Fedor had great GnP, but it gets overrated because everyone remembers the Nog fight and specifically the GIF that is always going around. Jones just needs one elbow and the fight changes (Machida)

st-preux-ko-donovan2.gif

o9mt1c.jpg

6h1gsl_jpg_medium.gif

Alistair-Overeem-gets-FINISHED-by-GNP-vs-Stipe-Miocic-R1-1.gif

There have been countless stoppages from strikes from the guard. What in the hell are you talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back