Who has had the biggest performance drop off post USADA.

I don't think it's fair to add Pettis to that group. After having a career that was pretty low in damage taken (losses were decisions, and not slugfests at all, but usually a wrestler and his own inactivity), he took an entire career's worth against RDA.

IIRC, his face was broken in the first round, pretty much killing his vision on one side and he maintained verticality for another 20 minutes. In that time he took more damage than in all his other fights combined - it's not shocking that he came out damaged goods from that fight.

Another factor is his style that relies chiefly on speed and reflexes - usually the first qualities to diminish. Not to mention his rather porous boxing defense that was never really exploited until after the RDA loss (he was dropped by a punch once in his WEC days, but that's about it).

It's not like he's evolved that style to utilize his underrated submission skills or anything.

I don't think Hendricks ever juiced just the fact he blew up 40-50 lbs in between fights is probably the worst thing you can do for your health as a pro fighter. single handily saw college wrestling careers ruined from that.

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc-196.jpg

McGregor will surely be livid, then, with a further heap of steroid accusations coming from Diaz' coach Richard Perez. Asked by Submission Radio if he thought McGregor was on steroids, Perez said:

"Oh I sure do believe that, heck yeah. Some guys, they get busted; and to be honest with you, I know McGregor has got to be on some kind of steroids.

"He’s pretty big, and then all of a sudden jumping to 170? Yeah there’s no way, cause I mean, he was supposed to be fighting at 155.

"So if you think about it, he was focusing on training at 155. He only had two weeks to go. And all of a sudden he’s gonna jump to 170? So no, there’s something going on.

"But we're still going to fight and that's all there is to it."

Perez feels McGregor's rash response to Diaz' claims only prove to him that something iffy is going on.

"When Nathan mentioned it to him, he got defensive, he got angry.

"If somebody would have told me that I was fighting and he told me, you know, steroids, I would laugh and say, 'Yeah give me some more steroids, heck yeah, uh huh sure'.

"But he got defensive and mad, you know, 'I’m not on steroids, I’m not on steroids!'

"You know, he was like trying to defend himself. So that, just his actions and the way he talked, there’s something behind that."
Pretty much the last person I would take advice from on anything would be Richard Perez. Have you heard any interviews with him? Lets put it this way, he fits into that camp perfectly

Hendricks went from doing a number on GSP to his current form now.

#1 - Johnny "Big Rigg" Hendricks
#2 - Chris Weidman

Tim Kennedy would be on the list but he took a 2 year break right at the moment USADA came into the picture and only fought once after that and preceded to get murdered by a guy he had at least 20 pounds of muscle on. He immediately retired after that.

How are people mentioning Aldo? He's only lost to McGregor (13 second KO can't be a good measuring stick for skills regression) and Holloway (and he was winning in the Holloway fights will until Holloway decided it was time to end the fight) in the UFC and had a more dominant win over Frankie AFTER USADA came into the picture.

Pettis, Rousey, Hendricks, Weidman, Barao, Jones (because he can't stop getting caught).

Cruz' physique is pretty different in my eyes but I'm not sure how much of that is from the constant serious injuries he's had+aging, but look at him vs Faber the second time(wanna say UFC 125), and then look at him vs Neck Tats. It's a pretty stark difference

Last edited:
What does weight class have to do with the topic?
Well it's a newer weight class. In fact the newest. So it's not as deeply rooted in peds as the other weight classes. It has a fresher, cleaner origin. Also you can't get too big in that weight class.

McGregor will surely be livid, then, with a further heap of steroid accusations coming from Diaz' coach Richard Perez. Asked by Submission Radio if he thought McGregor was on steroids, Perez said:

"Oh I sure do believe that, heck yeah. Some guys, they get busted; and to be honest with you, I know McGregor has got to be on some kind of steroids.

"He’s pretty big, and then all of a sudden jumping to 170? Yeah there’s no way, cause I mean, he was supposed to be fighting at 155.

"So if you think about it, he was focusing on training at 155. He only had two weeks to go. And all of a sudden he’s gonna jump to 170? So no, there’s something going on.

Perez feels McGregor's rash response to Diaz' claims only prove to him that something iffy is going on.

"If somebody would have told me that I was fighting and he told me, you know, steroids, I would laugh and say, 'Yeah give me some more steroids, heck yeah, uh huh sure'.

"But he got defensive and mad, you know, 'I’m not on steroids, I’m not on steroids!'

"You know, he was like trying to defend himself. So that, just his actions and the way he talked, there’s something behind that."

What is this drivel? Richard Perez? You mean the guy who trained Gil and Shields is going to talk about other fighters on steroids? LMAO.

You aren't even addressing the OP. You're just adding a random quote about a guy that changed MMA post USADA...

<{fry}>

Dominated both of his title fights under USADA.

Mighty mouse doesn't even take supplements like protein powder or creatine in case they are tainted. But then again all he fights are midgets.

Dumb criticism; he's smaller than most of his opponents.

Gilbert Melendez declined quite precipitously.

Back