Who has had the biggest performance drop off post USADA.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know Eric Silva was never the same post USADA. I'd even argue that Chris Weidman wasn't the same. Anyone who can thrive in the post USADA age is legit. Seems like a lot of fighters relied on banned substances. I would say BJ Penn but he was dropping off long before USADA. How much can we contribute to age and how much can we contribute to USADA? Jones is still young but he failed 2 tests. Dude was a career user. I feel like if you do cocaine and weed, what's to stop you from taking a drug that actually helps you physically? As opposed to a drug that makes you want to lay on a couch all day eating an entire tub of ice cream. I have a feeling we did see a clean Jones vs OSP and that performance wasn't impressive at all. Jones knew he couldn't beat DC while performing like that and took the risk to micro dose peds. Which helped him get that epic head kick KO of DC. I'd be pissed off if I were DC. Knowing Jones not only juiced in their 2nd fight but was most likely juiced in their first fight. Only fair thing would be to allow DC to juice to his hearts content in a 3rd match up while Jones has to be clean. Let's see an enhanced DC vs a clean Jones. I imagine it being a slaughter.

Hendricks has to be pretty high on the list.

Pettis

Edit - forgot to mention Aldo.

Last edited:
I think Hendricks is the #1 example that I can think of. Machida had a pretty big drop too.

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc-196.jpg

McGregor will surely be livid, then, with a further heap of steroid accusations coming from Diaz' coach Richard Perez. Asked by Submission Radio if he thought McGregor was on steroids, Perez said:

"Oh I sure do believe that, heck yeah. Some guys, they get busted; and to be honest with you, I know McGregor has got to be on some kind of steroids.

"He’s pretty big, and then all of a sudden jumping to 170? Yeah there’s no way, cause I mean, he was supposed to be fighting at 155.

"So if you think about it, he was focusing on training at 155. He only had two weeks to go. And all of a sudden he’s gonna jump to 170? So no, there’s something going on.

"But we're still going to fight and that's all there is to it."

Perez feels McGregor's rash response to Diaz' claims only prove to him that something iffy is going on.

"When Nathan mentioned it to him, he got defensive, he got angry.

"If somebody would have told me that I was fighting and he told me, you know, steroids, I would laugh and say, 'Yeah give me some more steroids, heck yeah, uh huh sure'.

"But he got defensive and mad, you know, 'I’m not on steroids, I’m not on steroids!'

"You know, he was like trying to defend himself. So that, just his actions and the way he talked, there’s something behind that."

Weidman looked to be a wrecking machine before USADA. He's still a great fighter, but was the most disappointing to me.

Mighty Mouse is the one and only fighter that was champion pre-USADA and has retained their championship belt in the post-USADA era.

Werdum lost and got busted.
Jones got busted.
Weidman lost.
Lawler lost.
Pettis lost.
Aldo lost.
Dillashaw lost (although he won it back).
Rousey lost.
Esparza lost.

In short, everyone juices (except mighty mouse apparently).

Mighty Mouse is the one and only fighter that was champion pre-USADA and has retained their championship belt in the post-USADA era.

Jones got busted.
Weidman lost.
Lawler lost.
Pettis lost.
Aldo lost.
Ronda lost.
Esparza lost.

Mighty mouse doesn't even take supplements like protein powder or creatine in case they are tainted. But then again all he fights are midgets.

Jones got busted.
Weidman lost.
Lawler lost.
Pettis lost.
Aldo lost.
Ronda lost.
Esparza lost.

GSP left with the belt pre-USADA and won a belt a weightclass up, post USADA. I don't think anyone else has done this. GOAT gonna GOAT. The one true clean GOAT, I guess!

1. Hendricks
2. Aldo
3. Petrie
4. Weidman
5. Rousey

GSP left with the belt pre-USADA and won a belt a weightclass up, post USADA. I don't think anyone else has done this. GOAT gonna GOAT. The one true clean GOAT, I guess!
He's clean minus the grease.

Jones got busted.
Weidman lost.
Lawler lost.
Pettis lost.
Aldo lost.
Rousey lost.
Esparza lost.

Dillashaw is a bad example. He lost a super close split to Cruz, and has only looked better since.

I know Eric Silva was never the same post USADA. I'd even argue that Chris Weidman wasn't the same. Anyone who can thrive in the post USADA age is legit. Seems like a lot of fighters relied on banned substances. I would say BJ Penn but he was dropping off long before USADA. How much can we contribute to age and how much can we contribute to USADA? Jones is still young but he failed 2 tests. Dude was a career user. I feel like if you do cocaine and weed, what's to stop you from taking a drug that actually helps you physically? As opposed to a drug that makes you want to lay on a couch all day eating an entire tub of ice cream. I have a feeling we did see a clean Jones vs OSP and that performance wasn't impressive at all. Jones knew he couldn't beat DC while performing like that and took the risk to micro dose peds. Which helped him get that epic head kick KO of DC. I'd be pissed off if I were DC. Knowing Jones not only juiced in their 2nd fight but was most likely juiced in their first fight. Only fair thing would be to allow DC to juice to his hearts content in a 3rd match up while Jones has to be clean. Let's see an enhanced DC vs a clean Jones. I imagine it being a slaughter.

Try smoking once.

Stipe and Woodley are the post usada goats atm.

Too many dropoffs to name so maybe the UFC brand had the biggest decline of all.

Back