Who has fought the better competion Frank Mir or Fedor Emelianenko?

Who has fought the better competion Frank Mir or Fedor Emelianenko?

• Total voters
It’s Mir as far as SOS but Fedor is still the HW GOAT (as of now).

When Fedor fought Nog, Crocop, Arlovski and Sylvia they were all at or very close to their peak and most likely roided to the gills.

I think Mir ended up having a tougher schedule in the latter part of both careers but he lost a bunch more.

Well there's a loaded poll question if I've ever seen it.

Sure, they fought a lot of the same guys and the names listed are pretty comparable.

But look at the common opponents, especially the elite ones--Fedor fought most of them 5 years earlier than Mir did.

They had no souls by the time they got in the cage with Mir.

Mir fought past it versions of Nog, Crocop and especially Bigfoot.

After '06, it's Mir without a doubt. Emelianenkos post Pride career has been absolutely pathetic.

AA, Sylvia, Werdum, Big Foot. All top 10 HWs. He took a farewell tour and retired after that. What about that is pathetic?

Originally picked Fedor, until I realized it was "fought" not "beat" so I changed it.

I will be shocked if Fedor beats Mir though. Hopefully, Mir doesn't fight like moron and actually uses his advantages.

It isn't, but the disparity after '06 is absolutely staggering. For Fedors first post Pride fight, when he was being argued as the best guy on the planet, he chose to fight..... Matt Lindland. And it just careened downhill from there on out.

Then he chose:

Tim Silvia (6)
Arlovski (2)
Barnett (2)
Rogers (7)
Werdum- top, proven legend

Mir. But if this is a positive towards Mir it's not a very flattering one...

Fedor: 18-4-1
Frank: 12-9

LMAO come on you guys. Fedor fought and beat everyone from his era. Mir was in the UFC which was basically what bellator is today

Is there any other version of him that we don't know? Lol

Yea and how can we take him that serious ? he clearly doesn't take his career.. dude is a MW with a belly fighting at HW and has just one weapon.

Yea and how can we take him that serious ? he clearly doesn't take his career.. dude is a MW with a belly fighting at HW and has just one weapon.
I always imagine how good he could have been had he taken himself seriously. Dude has one punch KO power and some very sold Jiu-Jitsu that he rarely used.

I voted Mir. UFC HW wasn’t always the top in the sport, but he stayed the course, and held his own well after his prime passed him by, without picking opponents or fighting journeymen.

They fought an equal number of tough guys... difference is Fedor beat them all

Frank Mir's notable opponents...

Mark Hunt
Arlovski
Todd Duffee
Bigfoot
Overeem
Barnett
Daniel Cormier
JDS
Big Nog
Cro Cop
Roy Nelson
Shane Carwin
Brandon Vera
Cheik Kongo
Brock Lesnar
Tim Sylvia
Tank Abbott
Ian Freeman
Wes Sims
Pete Whilliams

Fedor's Notable opponents...

Matt Mitrione
Fabio Moldonado
Jeff Monson
Pedro Rizzo
Dan Henderson
Bigfoot
Wedum
Arlovski
Brett Rogers
Tim Sylvia
Matt Lindland
Semmy Schilt
Mark Coleman
Mark Hunt
Cro Cop
Big Nog
Kevin Randleman
Heath Herring
Babaloo
Gary Goodrich
Arona
You included Tank Abbott for Mir but didn’t include fujita for Fedor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back