Who has a better chance of KOing Khabib: Barboza or Conor?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Besides the obvious Tiramisu answer, who has a better chance of KOing Khabib?

Barboza and his explosive Muay Thai?
Edson+Barboza+Liver+Kicks+Evan+Dunham+UFN+Cerrone+vs+Miller.gif

Conor and his crisp boxing?
giphy.gif

It looked like Edson barely touched Dunham with that kick.

Between the two, I'd say Barboza. A kick could potentially KO anybody even Khabib.

I'm not worried about either of their punching power or assume they'll keep it standing and won't go down. If you saw the MJ fight, Khabib has very good defense. Blocked most of MJ's punches with his arm or glove. Khabib won't eat repeated shots like Alvarez did with his hands down.

The better fighter, which is Conor.

It's pretty ridiculous that people are still doubting him.

Conor.

Edson has to put himself more at risk with his kicks.

Edson lost to Tony then won 3 straight with 1 ko.

I think Edson's kicks obviously pose the biggest threat but I can't envisage either beating the Eagle tbh.

KO? Well, both fighters have KOed exactly 5 opponents, the rest of their knockouts wins (6 for Barboza, 13 for McGregor) have been by TKO. However, Barboza has picked up two KO wins in the UFC - against Terry Etim, and Beneil Dariush, to Conor only KOing Aldo.

Of the two, in the framework of this thread saying strictly KO, I'd go with Barboza. He has more ways to land the KO, and I could definitely see a KO the way Barboza finished Dariush, with the knee when Dariush was shooting. If Khabib dropped in for a takedown, Barboza could catch him. Conor'd have to rely on his big punches.

Barboza is many levels below Conor. The only fighters he has beaten are has beens and washed up guys. He lost to Michael Johnson for crying out loud, got dropped by teh jab from Cerrone, but Sherdog loves fapping to Brazilian Muay Thai fighters and ignoring the future and next level technique.

Every fighter has a puncher's chance of koing the other.

Conor has a better chance with his hands. Edson has a better chance with his feet.

Really, is it that ridiculous? It's not like Conor hasn't been a dominant champ with multiple title defenses under his belt..oh wait

Edson has more tools, but Conor has power in his punches. I'd say equal chance. With Edson I'd say Khabib needs to watch those knees on his takedowns!!!

Conor.

Edson has to put himself more at risk with his kicks.
Yeah having to kick to get your best offense off is a bad thing when you're fighting Khabib.

Though I feel like Barboza has slightly less chance of being grapplefucked than Conor.

I don't think this question really throws any shade on Connor. Edson is also a terrific striker and probably does have a few more tools than the Champion.

Connor's hands are likely the best in the class for both speed and power... But that is really the Champ's primary threat and that is what Kabib would need to focus on. Edson presents a few more problems than Connor, even if the Champ carries Nukes in his hands.

Kabib is going to want to close distance fast... The real question is whether Connor or Edson would make him pay worse when he did it... Frankly I would love to see both guys KO Kabib.

So I think the question is legit.

Barboza, because he actually agreed to the fight.

The one with a far better KO rate

Edson goes to a decision nearly half the time.

Back