Who had the more impressive title reign: Fedor or Dj?

Dude. You cannot be impressive by beating up kid sized men.
What if you're even smaller than them yourself, though? MM could easily make 115. He's 5'3" and slightly built. Almost everybody he fights is taller and/or more heavily built than he is.

Couple of things. Weight becomes less important at heavyweight and generally the higher up in weight you go. At heavyweight, the more skilled fighter tends to win, like Fedor, DC, Cain, etc. Also, these bigger guys Fedor fought were unskilled for the most part. Even Hunt had a lot of holes in his game when he fought Fedor which he shored up when he went on his run in the UFC, and even then he wasn't good enough to be champion. He also gave Fedor a lot of trouble despite being a lesser fighter at the time.

rofl.
"At heavyweight, the more skilled fighter tends to win" one of the biggest reasons, why HW is so dangerous: An unskilled HW can still destroy a skilled HW.

In the smaller weight classes (I know there are bad match ups) the better fighter wins 99.99%.

rofl.
"At heavyweight, the more skilled fighter tends to win" one of the biggest reasons, why HW is so dangerous: An unskilled HW can still destroy a skilled HW.

In the smaller weight classes (I know there are bad match ups) the better fighter wins 99.99%.
An unskilled heavy beating a skilled heavy is still pretty rare. That's why guys like Fedor, Cain, DC rarely lost in their prime. Cain got knocked out by Junior, who was far from unskilled. Fedor lost his hunger and lost to a very skilled Werdum, as did Cain later on. DC is still undefeated at heavyweight, he's only lost to Jones at 205, who's arguably the GOAT and was probably juicing both times.

Some of these replies are hilarious, acting like Fedor fought good competition lol. Only a few guys were actual competition. The caveat left out of this is that only a few of Fedor's fights were actually even title defenses because most of his fights weren't even against guys ranked high enough for title fights. They were freak show fights that would make money, because that's what Pride did. People complain about UFC doing it now, but Pride was WAY worse.

Fedor fought guys way bigger than him. He could have fought at MW but dominated the HW premier HW division for years. He fought a lot of cans, but he also fought the best.

DJ is a great fighter but if anyone think his reign is more impressive, my best guess is that the person started watching MMA a couple of years ago and believes that all the hype from the UFC marketing machine is true.

An unskilled heavy beating a skilled heavy is still pretty rare. That's why guys like Fedor, Cain, DC rarely lost in their prime. Cain got knocked out by Junior, who was far from unskilled. Fedor lost his hunger and lost to a very skilled Werdum, as did Cain later on. DC is still undefeated at heavyweight, he's only lost to Jones at 205, who's arguably the GOAT and was probably juicing both times.

Nope.

Most of these guys are GOATZ, not just some "skilled" dudes.

Ngannou almost killed Stipe. He was lucky that his punch didnt connect 100%. Ngannou is P4P one of the worst punchers ever.

Brock made TRT Randy & Mir his bitches.

DCs HW resume is fucking overrated. It was hit or miss.

One mistake = knock out/whatever.

in a few months i can finally create threads. then i can educate a few noobs.

Nope.

Most of these guys are GOATZ, not just some "skilled" dudes.

Ngannou almost killed Stipe. He was lucky that his punch didnt connect 100%. Ngannou is P4P one of the worst punchers ever.

Brock made TRT Randy & Mir his bitches.

DCs HW resume is fucking overrated. It was hit or miss.

One mistake = knock out/whatever.

in a few months i can finally create threads. then i can educate a few noobs.
Hopefully you'll be banned before then, troll.

Back