Who had the more impressive title reign: Fedor or Dj?

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In their respective divisions, who was the more dominate champion: Fedor in Pride or DJ in the UFC?

Fedor: 11 wins after capturing the Pride Heavyweight Championship in 2004
- 2 KOs
- 7 Submissions
- 3 Decisions
- Combined opponent's record: 173-57 (75% winning percentage)

Demetrious Johnson: 11 title defenses after capturing the UFC Bantamweight Championship in 2012
- 2 KOs
- 5 Submissions
- 5 Decisions
- Combined opponent's record: 180-40 (82% winning percentage)

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 4.47.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Fedor.
DJ never fought anyone that outweighed him by 80 pounds

DJ doesn't even have a better resume than Tony Ferguson ...

Fedor.

/thread

In their respective divisions, who was the more dominate champion: Fedor in Pride or DJ in the UFC?

- 2 KOs
- 7 Submissions
- 3 Decisions

Demetrious Johnson: 11 title defenses after capturing the UFC Bantamweight Championship in 2012
- 2 KOs
- 5 Submissions
- 5 Decisions

View attachment 419321
son.gif

Fedor.

DJ is still great regardless. But this is all just opinions, everyone will have their own.

I'm glad I was around to actually witness Fedor at his best and the same for DJ. I got to see them fight and I'm cool with that. I don't care who will go down as the best ever because neither those guys pay my bills and I have more important shit to give a fuck about.

Both are great but Fedor did it at the highest and toughest weight class

Fedor was beating guys at their best. DJ has some great wins(Dodson, Benavidez) but a lot of wins over journeyman and prospects(Borg, Elliot)

Do you care to elaborate? Both guys were dominant. If we are looking at p4p, they had similar runs.
Fedor dominated the strongest HW era we've had in MMA, in the stronger organization at the time.

MM, dominated a weak division, at it's conception.

Fedor..

Because PRIME Nog alone would have KOed all those midgets DJ fought in the same night.

Do you care to elaborate? Both guys were dominant. If we are looking at p4p, they had similar runs.

Fedor's wins over Nog > DJ's career. and I say this as someone who has defended DJ numerous times and the 125 division.

Fedor simply fought better fighters. DJ hasn't fought cans like everyone suggests, but, none of them are considered elite fighters in the world of MMA.

Big Nog was considered the #1 fighter in the sport in 2002/03

Fedor by a lot.

DJ is awesome though. One of the best ever.

- 2 KOs
- 7 Submissions
- 3 Decisions

- 2 KOs
- 5 Submissions
- 5 Decisions

View attachment 419321
It’s a tired statement but you can’t duck the most interesting fight in you’re own weight class and be mentioned in the same air as fedor. I don’t even like fedor like that, but any fight fan already knows the answer. Fedor hands down.

Fedor was beating guys at their best. DJ has some great wins(Dodson, Benavidez) but a lot of wins over journeyman and prospects(Borg, Elliot)
I think we all agree Fedor's legacy is a bit more legit, but lets not pretend red is blue..... Fedor fought journeymen, prospects, and freak shows. Zulu and Choi? Borg and Elliot's records smash Zulu and Choi. Not to mention Fedor also has lost against people who he should have beat, Mitrione for example..... DJ has beat everyone, and only just lost an arguable split.

- 2 KOs
- 7 Submissions
- 3 Decisions

- 2 KOs
- 5 Submissions
- 5 Decisions

View attachment 419321

DJ no question. Watching the two is like night and day in skill level.

Fedor fought fake wrestlers, and the two legitimate wrestlers he did face virtually had no skill outside of their wrestling and he still looks worse. Then you have an olympic gold medalist like Cejudo who has damn near matched his wrestling with other forms of MMA.

There's just no comparison between guys fighting 30 years after a sports creation vs. people fighting after just 10 when they decided learning more than one martial art might be beneficial!

Back