Who had the best character development of any TV series?

giphy.gif

Walter White

Breaking Bad isn't anywhere near my favorite show, but Bryan Cranston as Walter White is the greatest tv character transformation. He makes an otherwise very mediocre TV show into a great one.

Also loved this guy's arc. Just hated how they botched the ending. Locke was the best character on the show, Jack was just a bitch with Daddy issues.

tenor.gif

DA1C198A817AE9C0D37E745C32BAF1515EB19112

58c28c8021967327399440.gif

I would say Sawyer also, went from bad boy outcast to being a respected and dependable member of the castaways. Also Ben Linus with his redemption arc. And don't shit on Jack, he had plenty of progression throughout the series, from the Man of Science to Epic Faith Jack.

Carver is The Wire is another good one considering the character was typically a supporting role, especially as it comes down less to a handful of incidents and more a gradual shift. That Herc doesn't shift much in personality/moral view plays it up all the more.

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce from Buffy/Angel

Breaking Bad: Walter White

Dying loving father who wants to provide money for his family into the king of meth

The wire: Bubbles

Good hearted junkie struggling to get clean finally gets to go upstairs.

Agreed on walter.

Good guy into a monster in 5 seasons.

haha, the first person that came to mind was Carlton in Fresh Prince. Went from an accountant like rich kid to the goofiest, funniest spoiled person in the world haha

season 1

season 5

Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire had an interesing storyline.

That show is my goat.

tyrion-lannister-amazing-art-on.jpg

This guys ebb and flow character development interestingly enough, is part of GOT's consistency. The fact this guy will be challenged every season in new, unique ways keeps the series fresh and palatable.

Breaking Bad: Walter White

Dying loving father who wants to provide money for his family into the king of meth

The wire: Bubbles

Good hearted junkie struggling to get clean finally gets to go upstairs.

I'll throw my vote behind Walter White. And I'd add everyone else in that show pretty much. Skyler even changes a bunch over the course of the show (becomes much more pragmatic and tough).

Jaime Lannister

Went from fucking his sister and killing little boys to fucking his sister and killing little boys with one hand!

landscape-1491596063-got1.jpg
But really he went from probably the most hated character in season 1 to somewhat of an antihero in the last season. Pretty big turnaround.

But really he went from probably the most hated character in season 1 to somewhat of an antihero in the last season. Pretty big turnaround.

He won my heart when he jumped into the bear pit......think that was S3.

Funny even when I re watch S1, I have a new found sympathy for him, despite his obvious flaws. See the war stories scene with Robert/Selmy or the scene with Tywin butchering the deer.

tyrion-lannister-amazing-art-on.jpg

This guys ebb and flow character development interestingly enough, is part of GOT's consistency. The fact this guy will be challenged every season in new, unique ways keeps the series fresh and palatable.

He has been absolutely terrible since S4, imo.

the character arcs of Will and Holly (Land of the Lost) were really profound. Just to see how they changed and grew in that strange lost world of dinosaurs over the course of time

1e47692145e301c0d8ae0183802b288e--land-of-the-lost-the-land.jpg

I completely expected a bunch of people to say Walter White, and I disagree.

He was the same guy at the end he was in the beginning.

He went full on Heisenberg in the very first episode. The show was basically a retelling of Jekyll and Hyde, he had an off switch. It even parodied itself when he failed to bully Saul at the end.

There were brilliant moments where he took steps towards the darkness, but he was a pretty static character.

Back