Who else would love to see Saenchai in ONE?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saenchai wearing MMA gloves fighting muay thai in a cage? Ummm hell ya.

Will they eventually sign him? Would be great to actually get to watch him live for once rather than searching up his fight on youtube with shitty quality.

I hope ONE takes over the muay thai and kickboxing game tbh.

I wouldn't mind it but don't need it.

Thai Fight is essentially MMA gloves when it's Kard Chuek.

Same as @Snubnoze707 I don't mind either way, he's still active for now anyway.

I'd rather One invests their energy and money on some more young Nak Muays from the stadiums rather than signing more past their prime legends, especially if they're not gonna fight each other.

I really like One and what they bring to the table but I definitely wouldn't want them to become a monopoly by taking over both MT and KB. I like the other promotions like Glory, Yokkao, K-1 etc. and what they bring.

Would be great to actually get to watch him live for once rather than searching up his fight on youtube with shitty quality.

A fair share of his best fights are easily available on YouTube with HD quality.

Honestly? I want to see him retire. This is from someone who thinks Saenchai is one of the GOATs.
I have no need to see the downfall of yet another champion. Best to leave when on top.

Honestly? I want to see him retire. This is from someone who thinks Saenchai is one of the GOATs.
I have no need to see the downfall of yet another champion. Best to leave when on top.

I'd agree if he was showing signs of slowing down or injuries or brain damage, at the moment he's still on top form and still owning.

I'd agree if he was showing signs of slowing down or injuries or brain damage, at the moment he's still on top form and still owning.
He is slowing down. He is owning because he is leagues ahead of his competition technique-wise. But the dude is my age and getting flabby around his waist (compared to how he looked 10 years ago). He should be managing fighters, not fighting them.

He is slowing down. He is owning because he is leagues ahead of his competition technique-wise. But the dude is my age and getting flabby around his waist (compared to how he looked 10 years ago). He should be managing fighters, not fighting them.

How about doing both? :)

Yea, he can apparently do both. For now. I just hope he stops fighting before age starts to get the better of him.
Well he is on a 41 fight win streak and hasn't been close to being in trouble in any of those fights so I don't see the need for him to stop.

In fact most of his career he hasn't taken many shots. He can probably keep this going another 5 years easy.

Well he is on a 41 fight win streak and hasn't been close to being in trouble in any of those fights so I don't see the need for him to stop.

In fact most of his career he hasn't taken many shots. He can probably keep this going another 5 years easy.
His prime is over. He can no longer compete at the highest level. He is on a decline and only winning because he is taking fights he knows he will win. If he continues on this path there will come a time when he will miscalculate the opponent's capability. I'd rather not see that happen. He should quit.

His prime is over. He can no longer compete at the highest level. He is on a decline and only winning because he is taking fights he knows he will win. If he continues on this path there will come a time when he will miscalculate the opponent's capability. I'd rather not see that happen. He should quit.
He did quit. In 2015. Hasn't fought in the stadiums since...

I’m good with what ever saenchai wants to do he’s more than earned it.

Saenchai's deterioration has been amazingly slow, but recently he's looked a bit closer to someone who's been a prize fighter for 30 years.

Given his contentment with his fighting life, a sudden retirement is not likely for Saenchai. It will be weird, but it seems inevitable that he'll be knocked cold by a dude we've never heard of. I just hope it's not some spinning shit.

Last edited:
Saenchai's deterioration has been amazingly slow, but recently he's looked a bit closer to someone who's been a prize fighter for 30 years.

Given his contentment with his fighting life, a sudden retirement is not likely for Saenchai. It will be weird, but it seems inevitable that he'll be knocked cold by a dude we've never heard of. I just hope it's not some spinning shit.
It's certainly possible and as fans we wouldn't want to see that, but look at all the guys that have been knocked out multiple times in their career that are younger than Saenchai and still fighting top level. We're not gonna see CTE Saenchai off one knockout, we're just gonna have to cope with it as fans and unfortunately it's probably gonna be some spinning shit.

As I'm typing this Saenchai just won another fight LOL

Last edited:
Seeing Saenchai live for the first time at the Yokkao show in Turin next month. Cannot wait!

He should just keep fighting cans and make some money before he retires. Not worth fighting competitively at this point whether it be in Yokkao or One

Elite fighters who have already done it all in their respective art shouldn't have to get to the point of injuries or signs of slowing down for them to realize its time to retire. Why not retire on top?

That said, I enjoy watching saenchai fight. Id like too see him fight someone on his level but I dont think thats gonna happen.

Elite fighters who have already done it all in their respective art shouldn't have to get to the point of injuries or signs of slowing down for them to realize its time to retire. Why not retire on top?

That said, I enjoy watching saenchai fight. Id like too see him fight someone on his level but I dont think thats gonna happen.

As long as they're healthy and enjoy doing what they're doing, who am I to tell them they've had enough?

Sure Saenchai is past his prime and had hundreds of fights, but he's not even that old if you compare him to some of the greats from other combat sports who are still fighting like Floyd Mayweather and Anderson Silva.

Back