Who else is PUMPED for UFC on FOX 21?

Damn, can't wait. This card is awesome. I'm just so curious to see if Condit can keep Maia off of him.

Damn, can't wait. This card is awesome. I'm just so curious to see if Condit can keep Maia off of him.

I highly doubt it seeing as how no one else at WW can. The 5 rounds as opposed to 3 should give Condit a much better chance to win but expect Condit to get taken down and then not do well there.

I highly doubt it seeing as how no one else at WW can. The 5 rounds as opposed to 3 should give Condit a much better chance to win but expect Condit to get taken down and then not do well there.

I'm afraid for the same. But, Condit has shown excellent scrambling ability, outside of GSP nobody has really kept him down for extended periods of a fight. And if Maia runs out off gas, he's getting finished.

Doesn't do much for me below the main card to be honest. Didn't know Josh Emmett was back though. Will be looking forward to that.

mma_ufc158_24.jpg

Kept him down. Hendricks took him down plenty, but never kept him on his back long enough to do something with it. If that fight went 5 rounds Condit would have won it. Hendricks landed 4 takedowns in each round, and still got outstruck 94 to 69.

Condit's fighting so I am pumped.

Kept him down. Hendricks took him down plenty, but never kept him on his back long enough to do something with it. If that fight went 5 rounds Condit would have won it. Hendricks landed 4 takedowns in each round, and still got outstruck 94 to 69.

Question is not whether Maia can get Condit on his back, question is if Maia can take his back. We all know what's coming. Condit is laughably easy to take down, but keeping him down and doing something with it is harder. Is Maia going to be the one to pass and get his back? If Maia can do it in R1 then the fight is as good as his, cardio issues withstanding.

But if Condit can avoid giving his back to Maia in R1, I'll be convinced that he'll be able to outlast and finish Maia later.

So last minute I decided to fly out to Vancouver (like about 3pm yesterday I found a cheap flight). I rented a vehicle and I'm going to drive down to Portland to watch this punk band I wanted to see in the morning (Thursday). Drive up to Seattle and do tourist stuff Friday, drive back up late Friday or early Saturday to Vancouver and take in UFC. Chill out Sunday, then fly home Monday morning.

I didn't remember it being that many. Pretty crazy. I remember him being held down for good periods sometimes but I guess it wasn't as much I thought. Will have to give that one a re-watch, was a fun one. I hate the "would have won it with five rounds" thing though. If things continued to play out the same way Johny would have ended the fight 20 takedowns :p
Or maybe less since he'd end up holding Condit down after tiring & wearing on him so much.

I really wasn't until I checked out this thread.

I had my negative Nancy goggles on and thought to myself "last minute Canadian filled card blah 3/10"

Question is not whether Maia can get Condit on his back, question is if Maia can take his back. We all know what's coming. Condit is laughably easy to take down, but keeping him down and doing something with it is harder. Is Maia going to be the one to pass and get his back? If Maia can do it in R1 then the fight is as good as his, cardio issues withstanding.

But if Condit can avoid giving his back to Maia in R1, I'll be convinced that he'll be able to outlast and finish Maia later.

Completely on the money with this post.

I didn't remember it being that many. Pretty crazy. I remember him being held down for good periods sometimes but I guess it wasn't as much I thought. Will have to give that one a re-watch, was a fun one. I hate the "would have won it with five rounds" thing though. If things continued to play out the same way Johny would have ended the fight 20 takedowns :p
Or maybe less since he'd end up holding Condit down after tiring & wearing on him so much.

If I remember correctly round 1 was pretty dominant for Hendricks, round 2 was pretty even where Hendricks had takedowns but Condit did some damage and round 3 was Condit really pouring it on to Hendricks, having him in trouble multiple times. Hendricks was fading badly and I think Condit would have finished him in the fourth. But you never know, Hendricks won that fight.

Be careful not to get TOO pumped. Remember 200. Lauzon/Sanchez also "had just bleed written all over it," but it ended disappointingly fast. Also, Pettis.

But yes, it should be good, and you did a good job hyping it. You could be the next Joe Rogan.

I really wasn't until I checked out this thread.

I had my negative Nancy goggles on and thought to myself "last minute Canadian filled card blah 3/10"

Glad we brought you over to the Positive Paul side.:D

Main Card yea, Prelims might be the worst in FOX history. Feel like they forgot about this card, then after UFC 200 they were like "oh shit the Vancouver card" and moved Condit/Maia from 202 and threw Paige and the random Miller/Lauzon rematch on there.

If it were a 5 round fight Hendricks would have trained and strategized for a 5 round fight. You can't say what would have happened in a 5 round fight when the entire preparation going all the way back to Day 1 of training camp would have been different. And aside from that Hendricks didn't really fight much in round 3 which made sense because he was clearly up 2 rounds to 0. If it were 1-1 it round 3 may have looked different.

Back