Who else is hoping that Aljo Sterling gets stiffened by Brett Johns?

5ad8d6cf8ef5839a718fa0f7423a6b3c.jpg

Seriously, if the colors and pattern of a piece of cloth direct your opinion of a person, you're no better than a Crip or Blood.

It's not the colors themselves it's the principle. Sterling wasn't born in Jamaica, he was born in the US. He was raised in the US. He has as much to do with Jamaica as I do with France or Germany.

The opportunities and training he received and the person he is was shaped by this country, not his parent's country.

I get that it's chic to disrespect the US

It's not the colors themselves it's the principle. Sterling wasn't born in Jamaica, he was born in the US. He was raised in the US. He has as much to do with Jamaica as I do with France or Germany.

The opportunities and training he received and the person he is was shaped by this country, not his parent's country.

And it's "chic" to get all worked up about symbolic bullshit, apparently.

Whenever an american wears another country's flag, I want them to lose. Hoping for a hail mary choke

And it's "chic" to get all worked up about symbolic bullshit, apparently.

Again, it's not the symbol, it's what it stands for. And apparently Aljo doesn't agree with you on symbols since he's repping the flag of his parents.

Whenever an american wears another country's flag, I want them to lose. Hoping for a hail mary choke

Its bad enough when young age immigrants like Usman do it. But when full fledged, native Americans do it, its just like "Where did America hurt you? Show me on the doll"

There’s nothing wrong with identifying strongly with your roots. Obviously it’s something that’s important to him and his family. Ever see Irish Americans wrapping themselves in the flag of Ireland and talking about being Irish? Check yourself.

Its bad enough when young age immigrants like Usman do it. But when full fledged, native Americans do it, its just like "Where did America hurt you? Show me on the doll"
Amen I couldn't have said it any better

Again, it's not the symbol, it's what it stands for. And apparently Aljo doesn't agree with you on symbols since he's repping the flag of his parents.

The symbol stands for whatever meaning you attribute to it.

It's an object, and it's meaning is subjective. No one person gets to define it.

For the sake of argument, how do you feel about "The Irish Dragon" Paul Felder?

what's with the Aljo hate?

Read the thread. You'll figure out what's behind it.

When Kamaru Usman, Jorge Masvidal, or Aljo represent their roots they should be KO'd stiff.

When "The Irish Dragon", "The Irish Hand Grenade" or any of the other "Irish blablablahsss...." do it, or when Southerners rock their heritage, it's all good.

The symbol stands for whatever meaning you attribute to it.

It's an object, and it's meaning is subjective. No one person gets to define it.

For the sake of argument, how do you feel about "The Irish Dragon" Paul Felder?
There’s nothing wrong with identifying strongly with your roots. Obviously it’s something that’s important to him and his family. Ever see Irish Americans wrapping themselves in the flag of Ireland and talking about being Irish? Check yourself.

No I don't actually, and considering Irish ancestry is the 2nd most wide spread ancestry in the US, you would think it would be more prevalent. Usually the only time I see Irish-Americans get crazy about their heritage is St. Patrick's Day.

I can't think of many European-American fighters who fly European flags instead of American.

When Kamaru Usman, Jorge Masvidal, or Aljo represent their roots they should be KO'd stiff.

When "The Irish Dragon", "The Irish Hand Grenade" or any of the other "Irish blablablahsss...." do it, or when Southerners rock their heritage, it's all good.
Amen I couldn’t have said it any better.

I like how you're comparing nicknames to the country the fighters officially chose to represent.

Also you can check my post history. I called Stipe out for the same shit.

No I don't actually, and considering Irish ancestry is the 2nd most wide spread ancestry in the US, you would think it would be more prevalent. Usually the only time I see Irish-Americans get crazy about their heritage is St. Patrick's Day.

I can't think of many European-American fighters who fly European flags instead of American.
Think about it a bit more, it’ll come to you eventually.

I like how you're comparing nicknames to the country the fighters officially chose to represent.

Also you can check my post history. I called Stipe out for the same shit.

So referencing the nationality in your nickname is not representing the country?

{<huh}

So referencing the nationality in your nickname is not representing the country?

{<huh}

No??? Because Irish is both a country and an ethnicity. The Irish flag and country has changed over the years as have other countries, but the people remain the same

Back