Who Else Is Excited for Blaydes/Ngannou 2?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love this match up.

On one hand we have Blaydes who has been on a tear lately, beating Olyeinik, Hunt, and Reem back to back. He already has a case for a TS but instead has the chance to redeem his only loss. He's gotten so much better so fast.

usa_today_10884096.0.jpg

On the other hand we have Ngannou who's frankly had a shit year. First he gets dominated by Stipe and then he forgets to fight against Lewis. It's do or die for him, because a UFC 226 style performance might just get him cut. Then again, he has already beaten Blaydes once and dominated most of that fight. A win here gets him back into contention quickly.

skysports-stipe-miocic-francis-ngannou-ufc_4210787.jpg

If I had to pick a winner: Blaydes via UD or TKO in the later rounds. Blaydes has improved, while Ngannou seems to have mentally regressed.

Who else is hyped? I'm a fan of both guys and don't want either to lose.

i hope ngannou wins. My money is on him lol. The last fight was pathetic and he did issue a public apology. I hope the old predator is back.

I am.

I will admit to still being on the Ngannou hype train, as I thought he might be a future champ. Looked like an absolute killer leading up to Miocic.

I wasn't sure he could beat Stipe at this stage of his career, but I didn't expect Stipe to steal his soul either, so the Lewis fight kind of shocked me tbh.

Hoping he can get back that fire and patch up the major hole in his game (wrestling / TDD).

That said, Blaydes is a beast as well, and has made major improvements, so this is a tough rematch for Francis. Also, from the interviews and clips of Curtis around his family, he seems like a really down to earth, humble person. Legit nice guy.

Really solid match-up. May the best man win.

If Ngannou fights like he's got nothing to lose (he will get cut if he loses or the fight is boring) then we will see a fight. I hope Blaydes not scared, homie.

Hoping Ngannou goes back to his roots and stops this guy, I find him depressingly boring and don't want him anywhere near a belt.

I am very excited. I like both guys actually.

I'm gonna be rooting for Blaydes but I hope it is a competitive matchup cause if it's one-sided I am afraid it is the one that will bury Ngannou for good.

I am very excited. I like both guys actually.

I'm gonna be rooting for Blaydes but I hope it is a competitive matchup cause if it's one-sided I am afraid it is the one that will bury Ngannou for good.
I'm scared of Ngannou getting buried too. He's a fun fighter and has a lot of potential even now. But if he fights like he did against Lewis, then he's getting cut for sure.

Hoping Ngannou goes back to his roots and stops this guy, I find him depressingly boring and don't want him anywhere near a belt.
I used to find Blaydes boring but I'm starting to appreciate wrestling skill more and more recently. Doing so changed my opinion of him. :p

I am.

I will admit to still being on the Ngannou hype train, as I thought he might be a future champ. Looked like an absolute killer leading up to Miocic.

I wasn't sure he could beat Stipe at this stage of his career, but I didn't expect Stipe to steal his soul either, so the Lewis fight kind of shocked me tbh.

Hoping he can get back that fire and patch up the major hole in his game (wrestling / TDD).

That said, Blaydes is a beast as well, and has made major improvements, so this is a tough rematch for Francis. Also, from the interviews and clips of Curtis around his family, he seems like a really down to earth, humble person. Legit nice guy.

Really solid match-up. May the best man win.
Agreed that Blaydes seems like a super chill dude. Also, I'm not sure TDD/wrestling is Ngannou's main weakness. No one other than Stipe has managed to take and hold Ngannou down, not even (also need admittingly green) Blaydes. Against Stipe, Ngannou was over extending while striking, winging crazy punches, and gassed out. A lesser wrestler probably could've taken and held him down if they survived that first round.

I think it was @executionermma who said that Stipe's head movement and boxing was what saved him. Based on my admittingly limited boxing experience, I agree (but am open to having my mind changed).

I think it was @executionermma who said that Stipe's head movement and boxing was what saved him. Based on my admittingly limited boxing experience, I agree (but am open to having my mind changed).

Stipes head movement was indeed on point. He slipped a ton of huge haymakers, which also helped gas the F outta Ngannou. haha

Francis claims he has been working on his sub game / jitz for this fight, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out if he gets taken down.

It´s a big <Fedor23> for me.

Will watch tho.

I'd rather see Blaydes fight Stipe or DC but that isn't happening. I like this fight though, hopefully Blaydes avenges the loss.

Stipes head movement was indeed on point. He slipped a ton of huge haymakers, which also helped gas the F outta Ngannou. haha

Francis claims he has been working on his sub game / jitz for this fight, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out if he gets taken down.
Before the first fight either Ngannou or his coach apparently said that while Blaydes is the better wrestler, Ngannou is the better grappler. Based on how easily Ngannou got back up that fight and how he's done crazy subs like the one against Hamilton, I kind of agree.

Love the fight, but I am not waking up at 5 am to watch it on a Saturday night around thanksgiving. It will be one of those where I try to avoid spoilers and go to my stream channel.

Before the first fight either Ngannou or his coach apparently said that while Blaydes is the better wrestler, Ngannou is the better grappler. Based on how easily Ngannou got back up that fight and how he's done crazy subs like the one against Hamilton, I kind of agree.

Yeah he actually has several sub wins, albeit against lesser opposition. But he can win via sub, no doubt.

I can actually see Ngannou winning this. He should come out with something to prove. maybe 1st or 2nd round KO. after that its Curtis fight to lose.

I like ngannou in this one
Blaydes always takes damage on entries and I think he will get caught here

I like ngannou in this one
Blaydes always takes damage on entries and I think he will get caught here

To Blaydes' credit, he has a rock solid chin. Took a knee right in the face by Overeem and didn't even flinch. He has also improved the timing in his entries, the double he hit on Overeem was amazing.

i like blaydes by dec or late stoppage. i think francis will show up and try to go for it, but i think blaydes improvments are enough where as francis hasnt improved enough

that being said, francis is still a bad matchup for curtis. curtis got tagged by shots from reem and hunt, both of which are old and battle torn. francis is still fresh, may be the hardest puncher of all of them, can out muscle blaydes in spots, same size as him etc. also francis has that 83 inch reach. its not an easy matchup for curtis by any means, which is why give him props for taking the fight even tho hes earned a title shot. this is a tough fight to take and can easily derail his title shot. he wants to avenge his L tho that bad and he feels like hes improved enough to beat francis this time

Back