Who else had Bradley (draw), Ward, and Canelo winning in "controversial" fights

I thought the first Pac/Bradley fight was a lot closer than people thought. Pac is so goddamn fast with his hands he got credit for landed a lot of punches that actually didn't land, if you go back and watch it again.

But no I don't agree with any of that. I thought Pac won, Kovalev won the first fight and GGG for sure won this fight.
It was close. A lot of boxing "fans" forget to watch both fighters when they're scoring a fight and tend to only count the seconds that their favorite does stuff. That was the case for Pac/Bradley 1. even the commentators were doing it, talking about basketball while Bradley was working. You don't just score the 2 seconds of the round where the puncher landed a punch, you score the whole round.

There is a lot of bias involved in scoring, fight fans are hardly different than the judges they constantly bash.

I haven't visited this site for ages, but on this other forum I go to, the people who had Canelo clearly winning were coincidentally the same people who believed Golovkin was not as good as advertised and the product of HBO hype.

By the same token, hardcore GGG fans didn't see a competitive fight and were acting as if it was the robbery of the century...

It was close. A lot of boxing "fans" forget to watch both fighters when they're scoring a fight and tend to only count the seconds that their favorite does stuff. That was the case for Pac/Bradley 1. even the commentators were doing it, talking about basketball while Bradley was working. You don't just score the 2 seconds of the round where the puncher landed a punch, you score the whole round.

Lampley is horrible for that, gets excited when a star like Pac or DLH throws anything and then downplays the offence coming back. Did it for 12 rounds of DLH/Sweet Pea. Still had Pac winning a close decision, but either way was not the blow out people thought it was for Pac.

I had Bradley losing very clearly, Ward winning by 1 round, and Canelo in a draw.

There are definitely groups of fans that hold biases either for or against "punchers" and neither group is any smarter than the other. Call them "hipsters" or whatever you want.

I had Bradley losing very clearly, Ward winning by 1 round, and Canelo in a draw.

There are definitely groups of fans that hold biases either for or against "punchers" and neither group is any smarter than the other. Call them "hipsters" or whatever you want.

"Hipster" essentially means "doesn't agree with me." Makes me wonder how often people change their mind lest they be branded "hip".

"Hipster" essentially means "doesn't agree with me." Makes me wonder how often people change their mind lest they be branded "hip".

People LOVE clans. Whether it is political, team sports, or otherwise. Just like people join a political party and act like assholes about it, they do the same thing with fanhood. They want to feel a part of something, and have a group to feel superior than.

People LOVE clans. Whether it is political, team sports, or otherwise. Just like people join a political party and act like assholes about it, they do the same thing with fanhood. They want to feel a part of something, and have a group to feel superior than.

I can understand this last bit, I do that too. I call them "people". :cool:

Nah, the first fight was close. A drawish sort of fight. That was on of the first fights that made me realize that modern fans don't have any idea what they're looking at until Harold Lederman tells them what to see. Were you one of those people who scored rounds for Pac because he smiles, like Harold did?

Once again, the media had 3 scorecards that I can remember which scored for Bradley. There were 100+ for Pacman. For you everything comes back to "well people like Manny". Ok well Canelo also has a much bigger fanbase than Golovkin, so that doesn't apply to him? Plenty of people thought Pacquiao lost to Horn and Marquez the 3rd time. I don't see how his fanbase/style means a whole lot when you have scorecards coming from all over the world. But the fact that 121 for Pac, 3 for Bradley, and 1 a Draw tells you everything you need to know. I.E. The 4 who didn't score for Pac are off base.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Timothy_Bradley_(1st_meeting)

The WBO had a review of the Pac-Bradley fight and every judge had it wide except one, and they had it 7-5 Pacman. That decision is one of the worst in modern day boxing. Problem is, there are so many poor decisions people use a strawman argument and say "it's not the worst". And Lederman's card was too wide. But Pacquiao cleanly won that fight, Bradley didn't do a whole lot. After the damn fight he said "I will have to see who won". The man himself essentially admitted he lost lol.

Lol. I see @Seano is in this thread saying the vast majority of boxers, trainers, analysts, and fans are just not as good at judging as him. Or worse, just don't understand boxing the way he does.

How you defend the pac Bradley decision is beyond me ? I’m not a pac fan I always picked floyd against him so no bias here, I thought ward won, but I guess people look at the kd In that fight and got swayed a bit , and I think ggg easily won by two rounds.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Timothy_Bradley_(1st_meeting)

The WBO had a review of the Pac-Bradley fight and every judge had it wide except one, and they had it 7-5 Pacman. That decision is one of the worst in modern day boxing. Problem is, there are so many poor decisions people use a strawman argument and say "it's not the worst". And Lederman's card was too wide. But Pacquiao cleanly won that fight, Bradley didn't do a whole lot. After the damn fight he said "I will have to see who won". The man himself essentially admitted he lost lol.

I go back on what I said earlier, I forgot how bad this fight was in terms of scoring. Even Bradley's own manager had it 8-4 to Pacquiao. This was a proper robbery. No one should have scored it for Bradley.

Lol. I see @Seano is in this thread saying the vast majority of boxers, trainers, analysts, and fans are just not as good at judging as him. Or worse, just don't understand boxing the way he does.
Thats not really what I said. Do better please.

How you defend the pac Bradley decision is beyond me ? I’m not a pac fan I always picked floyd against him so no bias here, I thought ward won, but I guess people look at the kd In that fight and got swayed a bit , and I think ggg easily won by two rounds.

Most judges put too much emphasis on power. Thats basically why Pac won, because people perceived his punches to be harder. Thats fine, if you want to judge it that way. That always seemed like showing bias to the puncher to me.

You have to score the whole round. I don't necessarily see one or two "hard" punches negating 2 and 3/4 minutes of being outboxed. Some people do.

I was ok with any score for Pac/Bradley from 116/112 Pac (giving him most of the close rounds) to 115/113 Bradley (giving him the close rounds). Anything wider that that is ridiculous.

I have to correct myself I actually had Pac/Bradley a draw.

Back