Who else feels that Mousasi would beat Whittaker?

It would be a good fight. Whittaker might have to resort to trying to take moose down and use his wrestling to control him and grind out a decision. Definitely a fight I'd love to see.

Hasn't been Chuck Liddell been saying that lately too? lol

Kidding aside, I do think Mousasi is still pretty much in his prime, though he does have quite a bit of mileage that I expect to be catching up with him quite soon, unfortunately.
He's 32 and we're seeing the best Mousasi now.... that makes him dead smack prime and all that elite mileage that he has put on makes him that special of a fighter.
I mean look at the guy.Does he look like a 32 year old fighter who has 52 MMA fights (44-6-2) and an 8-0 KBOXING record?
He looks like a 28 year old who s fought 15-16 fights.
Name 1 fighter that you can say that about......seriously- just 1

Moose is inconsistent as they come. Whittaker probably kos him because it was an "off njght" as his fanboy would call it.

In reality he's just not that great, especially in the stand up department. We all saw his Bellator debut

Mousasi 9-1 in his last 10 fights, 44-6 with 36 finishes but is inconsistent as they come lel

Totally agree man. I think Whittaker basically gets knocked out by every top guy at 185, most at 170 and Conor sleeps him in the first at 155.

Let’s be real here right, the dude is basically a massive fucking can and got knocked out 3 times in one fight and lost to a total 10-12 bum. I can’t even remember if he’s ever won a fight.

What I do know, for certain, is Conor is the greatest fighter ever.
unnamed (4).gif

I love Moose, but Whittaker KO's him. Too fast, and great TDD.

Being serious - Whitaker s only check in advantage column is tdd- power might be even.Mousasi advantage everywhere else.

I'll make a prediction- 2 years from now, Gegard will be where he's always been- one of the top 185ers in world.
During this time, Robert will get upset by someone and I don't know exactly where he'll be ranked but it'll be underneath Mousasi.

Truth is mousasi is a guy that get tons of respect from his peers just not only for what he has done in mma for such a long time and young age. He's fought at LHW, HW, MW and always been succesfull all along.
His resume and career speak for itself.
Whittaker is still nowhere near that kind of achievements.

Now back on topic, could he beat whittaker ? Without a doubt.
Could he loose to whittaker ? Probably

Last edited:
Moose had all the tools to be an undefeated champ. Yet he lost to Hall, Jacare and Machida in the UFC. Top contender for sure but he whiffs in key moments.

it would eb close mous is bigger than robert but i think robert would win he has better hands and kicks betetr takedown defense mous has better jiu jitsu though but that wont even be a issue in the fight due to it being a striking fest

Truth is mousasi is a guy that get tons of respect from his peers just not for what he has done in mma for such a long time and young age. He's fought at LHW, HW, MW and always been succesfull all along.
His resume and career speak for itself.
Whittaker is still nowhere near that kind of achievements.

Now back on topic, could he beat whittaker ? Without a doubt.
Could he loose to whittaker ? Probably
A very fair post- exceptional

Mousasi 9-1 in his last 10 fights, 44-6 with 36 finishes but is inconsistent as they come lel
UFC era Moose hasn't been too outstanding. Got schooled by Lyoto, knocked out by Uriah Hall and dominated by Jacare - making his biggest win (UFC era) a controversial one over Weidman.

it would eb close mous is bigger than robert but i think robert would win he has better hands and kicks betetr takedown defense mous has better jiu jitsu though but that wont even be a issue in the fight due to it being a striking fest
Please dont mention size. Mousasi is quite slim, whilst Whittaker is very thick - Rob looked bigger than Romero tbh.

DeOXGeyWkAM3lr5

I’ve got to say, the UFC needs to step their belt game up. The original UFC belts were damn cool.
Imo the UFC belt trumps all of them.....combined.

I do and would love to see it, but unfortunately it will probably never happen

Nah, Bobby is too fast and diverse. Very hard to take down too.

Man, not to be a dick but reading this post and really this thread in general, I have to wonder if most of you have even seen many fights or watched this sport for more than a year or two.

I would bet huge money on Moose wrecking Roberts shit. Stylistically its a nightmare for him. Hes not taking Moose down, and on the feet its completely different levels. On top of all that, Moose has a better chin to boot.

A lot of sherdoggers think its cool or trendy to bring up Moose nott being in the UFC any more, when the only reason for that is him being able to make more elsewhere. He's a business man first.
Most people here know Mousasi's accomplishments, but that doesn't mean we believe he can defeat Rob. There are 3 men who would finish Mousasi. Romero, Jacare and Rockhold - those are 3 guys Rob wins easily against.

So please tell me UFC era, what Moose has done, or what to watch to make you think hes the better fight than The Reaper.

Please dont mention size. Mousasi is quite slim, whilst Whittaker is very thick - Rob looked bigger than Romero tbh.

thats strange that u thought that romero is alot bigger than him side size robert even made 170 so shows he sint that big guys like alan belcher walk around at 235 and cut to 185 i go to 170 and im around 200 and im even a average sized 170 by todays standards gegard use to fight at 205 hes 6 3 and good sized not skinny not super thick

Back