Who does Tony fight in his next fight?

I would like to see him face winner of eddie/poirier should khabib/conor get made. I just feel like it's not the best idea to put a 34 year old coming off of major knee surgery in a title fight right of the bat. think it would be better to see if tony's health can hold up and whether the ability is still there in a contender bout first

I would like to see him face winner of eddie/poirier should khabib/conor get made. I just feel like it's not the best idea to put a 34 year old coming off of major knee surgery in a title fight right of the bat. think it would be better to see if tony's health can hold up and whether the ability is still there in a contender bout first

I agree but on the other hand if you were Tony you might think that the time to get big payday (Conor or Khabib) is now. If he fights in a title eliminator bout, he's gotta fight one between Alvarez, Poirier or rematch Kevin Lee. All these fights are very risky tbh and if he loses he may not get another crack at the title considering his age and the level of competition at LW.

He's going to be out for a while. You shouldn't waste your time doing any fantasy matchmaking.

His surgery will take about 6 months of rehab and recovery before he's even ready to begin full training. I wouldn't expect to see him fight until early next year at the earliest. And that is if there are no complications.

The UFC has him ranked behing Khabib and Conor. If Khabib and Conor ever fight he has earned the right to fight the winner. If they don't fight and he's ready then he fight's Khabib. If he isn't ready then he fights the champ whenever he is. I don't see what's so hard to see here. He hasn't lost in how long? He was the interim champ and never lost the belt. He fights the champ next.

Return of the Groove. Would watch that rematch 10/10.

Depends on how long he was out. If he comes back relatively soon (can be READY to fight WITH a full camp in him in >1 year) he should get a title fight.

If he's in the 12 to 18 months category (this is my guess actually) he should get a contender's fight. I'm guessing Khabib can beat McGregor and another opponent in 18 months.

Personally want to see him rematch Barboza.

Last edited:
Tony should fight Eddie if he wins the next fight. Ferguson lost the belt so it would make no sense for him to fight the champ.

Conor after he beats Khawrestle...or Conor if Khablob pulls out.

True, if I'm Tony I'm not thinking of anything less than a title shot considering the circumstances in which he lost his interim title but from the UFC perspective, I have a hard time believing they put him in a PPV headlining position again considering the injury and age factors. I think he's gonna have to fight again versus a contender before getting a headlining position again after that UFC 223 debacle

Back