Who do you want to join Rizin's 16 men Male BW GP and Female AW GP?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Oh and Khabib's cousin Omar (that Nurmagomedov from EFN) is the amateur world mma champion so he can be send as a representative of Fedor's Russian MMA Union.

first of all I think these GP's are a very bad idea

Let's be honest Women's open weight has been the most exciting and talked about division in RIZIN and JMMA since Gabi Garcia debuted

Women's open weight should have been the only tournament this year

Second of all I would like to have a GP centered around Tenshin..full of teenagers

The rules would be that you must be at most 20 years of age and the goal of the GP would "To Stop Tenshin!"

Also each match would be 5 minutes of hyper fighting (Not fighting gives you an instant disqualification)

and basically once one match finishes the next starts! with a break every 3 matches for a regular fight

This kind of card would rock much more than the usual BORING AND STALE lighter weight class GP that DREAM ALREADY FAILED WITH AND WENT BANKRUPT WITH!!

Let's be honest Women's open weight has been the most exciting and talked about division in RIZIN and JMMA since Gabi Garcia debuted
RENA has been their biggest draw regardless of gender or division, Yamamoto has shown to be a big draw as well (I need to find the ratings breakdown because I remember seeing that she outperformed Gabi on NYE), and Asakura has shown to at least be a moderate draw.

Women's open weight should have been the only tournament this year

Second of all I would like to have a GP centered around Tenshin..full of teenagers

The rules would be that you must be at most 20 years of age and the goal of the GP would "To Stop Tenshin!"

Also each match would be 5 minutes of hyper fighting (Not fighting gives you an instant disqualification)

and basically once one match finishes the next starts! with a break every 3 matches for a regular fight

This kind of card would rock much more than the usual BORING AND STALE lighter weight class GP that DREAM ALREADY FAILED WITH AND WENT BANKRUPT WITH!!

I think the Tenshin Grand Prix matches would all look like this:

834530_o.gif

I would like to see Syuri Kondo fight in the Women's GP.
She dominated Kanna Asakura and won by unanimous decision.

I think she would best RENA is a striking battle.
Syuri is a KRUSH kickboxing champion and has good takedown defense.

So far she's undefeated in MMA.

Here is her latest match:

I also think she looks a little like Megumi Fujii.

Would be a great addition but idk if she could make the weight and she has a title fight in Pancrase at the end of May

I think the Tenshin Grand Prix matches would all look like this:

834530_o.gif

That's the point ! the theme should be "We can stop Tenshin" and it should be a buunch of teenage dorks that have boy band haircuts and they all get annihlated once they actually face him

it would be amazing because a few years later than can bring back one of Tenshin's victims who is now a seasoned MMA fighter and is a now a Man and who wants revenge on Tenshin..it would be very good long term planning

RENA has been their biggest draw regardless of gender or division, Yamamoto has shown to be a big draw as well (I need to find the ratings breakdown because I remember seeing that she outperformed Gabi on NYE), and Asakura has shown to at least be a moderate draw.

That's true but I think in terms of a GP fights all the GP fights not involving RENA or Asakura would be boring and uninteresting but if it's a GP full of giant women than they could have every match be super interesting

Also an open weight GP does not preclude RENA or Asakura or Miyuu from entering
that's why it's an open weight GP!

Can you imagine Asakura vs a 200 pound woman monstel ?? That tears and worry that would elicit from Female viewers would break all ratings records

I have said it for a million times now that teenagers and woman of all sizes are what the public wants to see

For the women, the obvious rep would be Ham, who has history with both RENA and Ishioka. However, she's fighting for the inaugural Road FC atom weight title in June, which is more important. So barring her entry, Jeong Eun Park or Ye Ji Lee would be dynamic entrants. Lee vs Ishioka for queen of school girl fighters! Gonna be hard for any of them, though, as Road's June event is a XX all women event.

If she can make the weight, Emi Fujino is both a Road FC and Deep representative.

Ayaka Hamasaki would be a huge favorite, if she got permission from Invicta, but that would mean no title defense this year. F*** that.

For the men, most of the obvious choices have been mentioned. Would be cool to see Joe Warren back in Japan where he got his start. But as someone else said, a lot of the best fighters in that division are already locked up.

In the end, it's the guys who ran Pride, so expect an equal mix of legit fighters, potential up and comers, over the hill fighters, and some plain old "WTF were the thinking" types.

Shame they are not one night tourneys.
Cause one night tourneys are awesome.

For the women, the obvious rep would be Ham, who has history with both RENA and Ishioka. However, she's fighting for the inaugural Road FC atom weight title in June, which is more important. So barring her entry, Jeong Eun Park or Ye Ji Lee would be dynamic entrants. Lee vs Ishioka for queen of school girl fighters! Gonna be hard for any of them, though, as Road's June event is a XX all women event.

Ishioka is a 29 y/o with a kid, I think you are talking about Asakura Kanna who has already graduated from high school.
Ye Ji Lee is already known in Japan for beating Shinashi, so she would be a great addition.
I am really interested to see how much Rizin is willing to risk Rena losing, she shows both heart and vulnerabilities in her last fight.

Ishioka is a 29 y/o with a kid, I think you are talking about Asakura Kanna who has already graduated from high school.
Ye Ji Lee is already known in Japan for beating Shinashi, so she would be a great addition.
I am really interested to see how much Rizin is willing to risk Rena losing, she shows both heart and vulnerabilities in her last fight.
Yes, I meant Asakura.

There's a bunch of (mostly US based) atomweights I like who favor top control, that I wouldn't include as to give Rena a chance. Asakura/Garcia fill that quota.

Jujeath Nagaowa is probably my favorite regional atomweight. Most likely would lose to Rena, so she'd be a perfect first round match for Rena. She's durable & aggressive enough to make it an action fight.

If Kinberly Novaes beats Syuri, she'd be a great addition if there's enough time to prepare for a July fight. Still mostly a brawler, perfect for Rena. At one point Novaes was one of the best strawweight prospects, but the combination of inactivity & a growing division has reset her progress. She had planned to move to atomweight before the Syuri fight.

Bianca Sattelmayer is always fun. She got triangle'd in 20 seconds by Livia Souza, but also has a sub win over currently ranked Thaty Bergamaschi. Kill or be killed scrambler. Also, just an excuse to post "OFICIAL SAND WRESTLING".

Eliana Castiglioni - A finisher at atomweight, at least 2-0 in MMA.

Winner of Nguyen/Nguyen seems obvious. I assume Bi wins again, and Brandon Gibson/Waterson in the corner of an entrant wouldn't hurt the credibility of the tournament's field at all.

Last edited:

Heard she wants to go too Ufc she should be own Smackdown spanking Alexa Bliss but i agree her and Rena would be dope.

Sounds like Celine Haga might be interested in returning to Japan for this

I want Haga to be in just for the VTR package. A whole bunch of clips of her losing fights, then she runs up a hill in New Mexico, and we transition to footage of her strangling a bunch of fighters in their hometown.

A lot of good options suggested in this thread

GIve me mizugaki in there if we are gonna get bws and raphael silva as well

How about Ronaldo Cândido? He's from the TUF Tournament of champions as well as one of Jose Aldo's coaches, plus undefeated.

Back