Who do you truly believe are currently the best fighters in each weight class?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how the whole mma community stands on these things, here is mine:
125: DJ

135: TJ Dillashaw (thought he beat cruz as well)

145: Max Holloway, but once age and size force him to move up, its gonna be a toss up between the new stephens, ortega, and edgar. Stephens beats ortega, ortega beats edgar, edgar beats stephens..

155: Khabib, Tony is up there in the conversation though

170: Stephen Thompson, its an opinion but I havent been convinced a single fighter has beat him in probably his last 10 fights, i dont care what judges think.

185: This is the toughest one, both romero and whittaker are up there, I feel like romero won the second fight but the first fight was a close one too, romero screwed himself over by not attacking the legs more. Romero for now, but 185 is gonna be tough for him it seems. Gastelum could be in the picture soon as well, granite chin so I actually think he could knock whittaker out.

205: DC. Jones is a bit of a side thought for now, kind of like how anderson silva was recently until two days ago, or maybe people still dont care about silva and thats a bad analogy

265+: DC for now, because the chances of Miocic getting a rematch are pretty much nil. In my opinion, Miocic would beat dc the second time around, Miocic was not ready for him, he fought him like a 205er but he was winning until he messed up by letting dc clinch with him.

You just can't clinch with dc man, no matter how big you are. When jones fought dc, dc was the only guy I've ever seen jones not engaging in clinches with, he played smart gameplans and stayed away from it. I dont see miocic making the same mistakes if they fought a second time, but they won't so lets just enjoy the circus for now. NGANNOU IS A PIECE OF SHIT, MIOCIC IS A PIECE OF SHIT! Lesnar made you jump up for a minute, don't kid yourself

Well I'd imagine the point of the belt is that it represents the best fighter at each weight class

Also I love how DJ is the only one you didn't feel the need to write anything on hahaha

125 MM
135 TJ/Cruz
145 - Aldo (Holloway is a 155er)
155 - Khabib
170 - Woodley
185 - Yoel
205 - Jones
206.2+ - DC

I truly believe weight classes are stupid when you want to talk about actual fighting abilities.

Asking who's the best fight at LW to me is about as stupid as asking who's the smartest person with IQ between 85-100.

Currently the best fighter in the UFC is DC and the best juiced fighter is Jon Jones. The best selling fighter is Conor McGOAT. That's it.

I truly believe weight classes are stupid when you want to talk about actual fighting abilities.

Asking who's the best fight at LW to me is about as stupid as asking who's the smartest person with IQ between 85-100.

Currently the best fighter in the UFC is DC and the best juiced fighter is Jon Jones. The best selling fighter is Conor McGOAT. That's it.

You cant have competition without rules. I'd rather see who is better amongst two guys who are fighting as evenly matched as possible to see who is truly the more skilled competitor. If you relate it to the real world, then damn a midget with a gun could mess up someone if they wanted to

125 MM
135 TJ
145 - Ortega
155 - Khabib
170 - Woodley
185 - Whittaker
205 - (Jones)* -> DC
HW - DC

You cant have competition without rules. I'd rather see who is better amongst two guys who are fighting as evenly matched as possible to see who is truly the more skilled competitor. If you relate it to the real world, then damn a midget with a gun could mess up someone if they wanted to

By that logic Romero should be banned from the UFC because nobody is evenly matched with him in athleticism. BJ Penn should be banned from fighting anyone who wasn't evenly matched against him in talent, which is 99% of everyone in the UFC.

By that logic NBA should be split up into height divisions because 7'+ people with less skill will always snuff <6' players.

I could go on. Segregating people based on talent is retarded. You don't have a Nobel prize category for people with low IQ because they're not "evenly matched" with geniuses with 150+ IQ, so why the fuck should you do that in fighting?

You want to talk about the real world? Okay let's. When a midget gets in a street fight with someone who's 2x his size in the real word, does he get to cry about it when he gets the shit beaten out of him? When US goes to war with another country like Iraq, does Iraq gets to cry about not having evenly matched weapons?

HW: DC (Stipe could win a rematch though)
LHW: DC (Jones if we count cheaters)
MW: Whittaker or Romero
WW: Woodley (Unless we count GSP)
LW: Khabib or Ferguson
FW: Holloway
BW: TJ
FLW: DJ
WFW: Cyborg
WBW: Nunes
WFLW: Shevchenko
WSW: Rose (if she beats Andrade)

By that logic Romero should be banned from the UFC because nobody is evenly matched with him in athleticism. BJ Penn should be banned from fighting anyone who wasn't evenly matched against him in talent, which is 99% of everyone in the UFC.

By that logic NBA should be split up into height divisions because 7'+ people with less skill will always snuff <6' players.

I could go on. Segregating people based on talent is retarded. You don't have a Nobel prize category for people with low IQ because they're not "evenly matched" with geniuses with 150+ IQ, so why the fuck should you do that in fighting?

You want to talk about the real world? Okay let's. When a midget gets in a street fight with someone who's 2x his size in the real word, does he get to cry about it when he gets the shit beaten out of him? When US goes to war with another country like Iraq, does Iraq gets to cry about not having evenly matched weapons?

Why would you start talking about individual things like athleticism and talent by themselves? Its the sport of fighting, the beauty of it is seeing how different people bring together different strengths, abilities, and intellect all together to prove who is the better fighter.

Some guys are more athletic, some guys are more talented with their abilities, doesnt make them a better fighter than another just like that. It not perfect but thats why I asked who you truly believe is the best at each weight class

HW: DC (Stipe could win a rematch though)
LHW: DC (Jones if we count cheaters)
MW: Whittaker or Romero
WW: Woodley (Unless we count GSP)
LW: Khabib or Ferguson
FW: Holloway
BW: TJ
FLW: DJ
WFW: Cyborg
WBW: Nunes
WFLW: Shevchenko
WSW: Rose (if she beats Andrade)

Wow, i can't believe I forgot to include the women. Here we go:

Womens 125: Shevchenko

Womens 135: Nunes/Shevchenko , I truly believe they are just as good as each other, they would beat anyone else in the division

Womens 145: Cyborg

Why would you start talking about individual things like athleticism and talent by themselves? Its the sport of fighting, the beauty of it is seeing how different people bring together different strengths, abilities, and intellect all together to prove who is the better fighter.

I could ask you the same question: why do you talk about individual things like physical size and skill by itself? It is the sport of fighting, the beauty of it is seeing how different people bring together different strengths, abilities, physical sizes, intellect etc. all together to prove who is the better fighter, NOT who's the more skilled fighter FOR A GIVEN SIZE, or who's the best fighter FOR A GIVEN ATHLETICISM.

Some guys are more athletic, some guys are more talented with their abilities, doesnt make them a better fighter than another just like that. It not perfect but thats why I asked who you truly believe is the best at each weight class

Some guys are more athletic, some guys are more talented with their abilities, some guys are bigger and stronger, doesn't make them better fighter than another just like that. That's why I want to see who's the best fighter without artificially segregating the roster based on ANY ONE THING, be it talent, athleticism, stamina, physical size or anything else. Do you see people being segregated in tennis, basketball, football, gymnastics, swimming or 99% of all sports? No. So why should they do it in combat? Why do YOU isolate size as the one attribute to segregate people, but dismiss difference in talent, athleticism etc.?

125 dj
135 garbrandt. Wc tj
145 ortega. Wc zabit / healthy max
155 ferg. Wc mcgregor
175 tyron. Wc gsp
185 adesanya. Wc silva / whittaker a bad matchup for israel
205 jj / gus . Wc dc
265 dc. Wc blades
Wc are wild cards peoplle that imo are bad matchups who will beat them.

I dont have beeb at 155 cause hes one dimensional and looked bad vs an. Unprepared raging al. Who only needed to let his hands go and be confident to win that fight. I saw the skilll beeb lacked. But khabib can prove me wrong.

Flyweight: DJ
Bantamweight: TJ
Featherweight: Zabit
Lightweight: Ferguson
Welterweight: Kamaru
Middleweight: Whittaker
Light heavyweight: Jones
Heayweight: DC

Well I'd imagine the point of the belt is that it represents the best fighter at each weight class

Not even close. See Serra, bisping, mcgregor, rockhold

Yoel is the best 185er and has never been champ

Not even close. See Serra, bisping, mcgregor, rockhold

Yoel is the best 185er and has never been champ
Bispong was good he's just a cheater.

Serra is HOF right now

Mcgregor is all time leader in ppv's.

Heavyweight
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier if you don't count Jones

Light Heavyweight
Jon Jones