Hendricks
Draw
Page
Lawler
Jones
Condit
BJ
Machida
BJ (based on how fights were scored at the time GSP would win)

Diego and Leornad Garcia won all of those fights man.

Great thread.

GSP-Hendricks: GSP 1,3,5. 4/5 rounds of that fight have a clear winner, but round 1 was close and could have gone either way. I bet money on GSP and was confident at the end that I was going to win. Like I said, I can see how round 1 could be scored differently, and it wouldn't be an outrage either way. GSP correctly won under the 10 point must system though.

Conor-Nate II: Conor round 1, 2, and 4. Don't even see how it's debatable. Nate had a surge in the last minute of round 2 in which he didn't actually connect with many clean shots whereas Conor dropped Nate 2 or 3 times and soundly out-struck him up until that point. He was doing good in round 3 until getting Teed off on (in which Nate landed some good shots, but never rocked/stunned/dropped), preventing that from being a 10-8 round.

Rampage-Machida: Machida rounds 1 and 3. Although rounds 1 and 2 weren't very eventful, Machida's leg kicks were the only strikes of any significance that landed in round 1. Yes, Rampage was advancing, but I'd rather retreat from Rampage than get kicked in the leg by Machida. Believe Rampage landed a decent punch or two in round 2 that swayed it in his favour (in my eyes).

Lawler-Condit: One of the closest fights on this list. When I watched it live I thought Condit, when I re-watched I thought Lawler. I'll have to watch it again someday and update this response.

Gus-Jones: Gustafsson is my favourite LHW and I really don't see how he could have won. Pretty clear 2, 4, 5 for Jones. I did score the DC fight for Gus, but that's neither here nor there.

Condit-Diaz: Condit 3 rounds to 2. Same reasoning as Machida beat Rampage (imo). I would rather walk away from Nick Diaz than get kicked in the leg by Carlos Condit.

BJ-Frankie I: Edgar. This was right when I was getting into MMA, and the only previous time I'd seen Penn fight was when he mutilated Diego Sanchez at UFC 107. I'd never heard of Frankie Edgar, and me and my friends thought he was gonna get smashed. Boy, were we wrong. Competitive scrap for sure. My one buddy I watched it with was a huge Penn hugger (and the reason I started watching MMA), and even he thought BJ was gonna lose before the decision was read. BJ clearly thought the same thing, and we were all right. I'd rank this with Lawler-Condit as being the closest fights on the list, but their subsequent bouts left 0 doubt as to who the superior fighter is.

Shogun-Machida I: Shogun, but by a way narrower margin than everyone says. Would be a good one to watch again. I remember watching it a 2nd time and understanding how Machida got the nod.

GSP-BJ I: Just watched this fight. It doesn't belong on this list. Ridiculously cut-and-dry rounds 2 and 3 for Georges. Even round 1 is way overrated for BJ. Penn was out-boxing him at first and landed a grazing punch just on the tip of GSP's nose that broke it. GSP took control at the end of the round finished it on top. Next two rounds really weren't that competitive (especially the 2nd), with GSP doing his thing and controlling/dictating all of it. BJ was tellingly dejected after the fight, and Eddie Bravo (who UFC had score fights for the audience at the time) had GSP winning. The one and only judge who scored it for Baby Jay? None other than Cecil Fucking Peoples.....the same clown who mystifyingly scored the first Penn-Edgar match 50-45.....tells you all you need to know lol.

EDIT: @XThe GreatestX thanks for a refreshing and actually interesting thread. A person could easily make a couple more volumes of this. Who did you score Whittaker-Romero II for? Curious cus I agree with most of your assessments other than a couple glaring exceptions (BJ-GSP I, that's a really puzzling one)

Last edited:
First two to rampage imo
If you HAVE to give a round to someone then I guess so, but IMO the first two rounds were 10-10s and the 3rd was all Machida.

That fight is an excellent example of why 10-10s should be used more.

GSP- Hendricks
80% johnny for sure
Conor- Nate II

Conor
Lawler-Condit
Lawler
Gus-Jones
Jones
Condit-Diaz
Condit
Bj-Frankie I
bj I had it 4-1 terrible decision
Shogun-Machida I
Machida super close
BJ-GSP 1

Bj gsp went to the hospital

GSP- Hendricks
GSP 3-2. Granted it was a very close fight but if my memory serves me right, Hendricks coasted and lost the last round which cost him. Wish we got a rematch.

Conor- Nate II
3-2 Conor. Under the new scoring system those points wouldn't have even been close. Nate had his moments but didn't do enough in that 4th round to win it.

Rampage- Machida
I remember thinking Machida won but granted haven't watched it in a while. 2-1 Machida?

Lawler-Condit

3-2 Lawler. Condit landed more but Lawler landed the harder shots. IIRC it was 2-2 going into the 5th and Lawler just wanted it more.

Gus-Jones
3-2 Jones. Could arguably be 4-1, I think people were just shocked Jones wasn't dominating someone so they assumed he was winning. Elbow in the 4th round which rocked Gus won him that round, plus he won round 2 and 5.

Condit-Diaz
3-2 Diaz. Kind of like the Lawler fight I think Diaz did more with what he landed, where as Condit landed more but was less significant.

Bj-Frankie I

3-2 BJ. Shocked Edgar won that, but the next 2 fights settled everything.

Shogun-Machida I
3-2 Shogun. Shogun just did more than Machida, still not sure how he didn't won, thankfully that KO in the rematch was justice.

BJ-GSP 1

GSP 2-1. IIRC BJ gassed and GSP just did more than him. Close but clear.

Hendricks
Conor (small margin but yeah)
Rampage - Machida: Borderline Rampage or a draw.
Gus - Jones: The way I remember it I'd give it a draw.
Diaz - Condit: Nick Diaz
BJ - Edgar: I think BJ deserved the win in that one.
Shogun - Machida: Shogun I think.
BJ - GSP: I can't remember.

My memory is a bit dissappointing I guess.:oops:

EDIT: Couldn't find any videos so this is all I can do. I haven't seen Lawler - Condit so I've left it out.
Also, I forgot to mention that I don't score them by every single strike since point fighting and timidity are a known problem in the UFC.

Last edited:
interesting question

GSP- Hendricks
Gsp 3-2. I never got the outrage for this one. Just because Dana went crazy? Please. Hendricks had the clearer rounds but GSP won 3 out of 5...
Disagree. I like GSP, and I quite dislike Hendricks, but I still give Hendricks round one, and the fight. It was close enough that I ain't mad, tho.

Conor- Nate II

3-2 conor. Sorry nate, started too slow
Agreed. I badly want to give Nate round two, and the fight, and I do think he had Conor in more legit troubly in that round, but I can't ignore the knockdowns.

Rampage- Machida

2-1 rampage. Not enough for a 10-8 in the 3rd for machida imo
Disagree (I think). Not remembering it super well... But I know I had Machida via Rampage simply having too much trouble finding the Dragon, and getting tagged from time to time as he tried.

Lawler-Condit

3-2 condit. Sucks for him tbh. Should have been champ
Agreed (I think). I don't remember this one too well, either, but I remember that Lawler was playing his game of saving what he had to try to steel rounds in the last 30 seconds, and I felt the judges allowed him to steel more rounds this way than made sense given that Condit was landing some legit damaging shots. I'm a big Lawler fan and a Condit hater, though, so I was happy when the decision was read.

Gus-Jones

3-2 Jones. Elbow stole it at the end
Agreed 100%.

Condit-Diaz

3-2 condit. Bizzare imo that people think diaz won
Disagree. Diaz 1, 2, and 5. (I honestly believe Condit did a lot of running in that fight.)

Bj-Frankie I

3-2 BJ. Honestly could have been 4-1. I dunno wtf the judges were watching lol
Agreed. BJ won that fight. Period.

Shogun-Machida I

3-2 either way tbh. Closer than people intially acted like
Disagree. Fight was closer than people remember, for sure, but Shogun won that.

BJ-GSP 1

Bj 2-1. Sorry. GSP did nothing here.
Disagree. Every time I wat h this fight I feel like this time I'll see something in round two that makes me give it to BJ, and until around half way through the round I feel like maybe it will be possible... But then it all falls apart. I can't see any way to give BK the round or the fight.

I never got GSP / Hendricks either. it was a very close fight and you could easily score it for GSP. I think people just got all excited because he was finally in a close fight.

I still wonder if there is anyone that thinks Nate got robbed in the 2nd fight that wasn't exclusively rooting for Nate/against Conor. I have a hard time believing there exist any truly objective observers of that fight that gave it to Nate.

GSP- Hendricks
3-2 Hendricks. Indefensible decision, although Hendricks was stupid for slacking off at the end.

Conor- Nate II

3-2 Conor. I don't particularly understand the furor for this one and I was rooting for Nate.Conor 1, 2, 4.

Rampage- Machida
2-1 Machida or a DRAW. Tough to call. Rampage won round 2. Machida won round 3. The first was a staring contest that Machida likely got the better of, but I'd be fine if the judges ruled it a draw.

Lawler-Condit

3-2 Robbie. Super close fight, though. Would not have been shocked to see Condit get the nod.

Gus-Jones

3-2 or 4-1 Jones. Another overinflated debate for no reason. The only clearcut round for Gus was round 1. Bones clearly won 2, 4, 5. 3 was a toss-up.

Condit-Diaz
3-2 Diaz. 1, 2, 5. You should lose points for running away.

BJ-Frankie I

3-2 BJ. Possibly the most puzzling decision given the judges scorecards.

Shogun-Machida I

3-2 or 4-1 Shogun. Not much action but he was EASILY the better fighter that night. Felt horrible until he finished Machida in the rematch.

BJ-GSP 1
2-1 GSP. BJ did more damage, but going by UFC scoring, GSP takes rounds 2 and 3.

interesting question

GSP- Hendricks
Gsp 3-2. I never got the outrage for this one. Just because Dana went crazy? Please. Hendricks had the clearer rounds but GSP won 3 out of 5...

Conor- Nate II

Rampage- Machida

Lawler-Condit

Gus-Jones

Condit-Diaz

Bj-Frankie I

Shogun-Machida I

BJ-GSP 1

Hendricks
Conor
Draw
Condit
Jones
Condit
BJ
Machida
BJ

Sounds like you've analyzed all of them. I will trust your opinion because it seems you've put thought into it.

interesting question

GSP- Hendricks

agreed

Conor- Nate II

agreed

Rampage- Machida

had it as a draw

Lawler-Condit

Lawler won it late and did more damage

Gus-Jones

I honestly had it as a draw. Gus looked sharp and did some serious damage on Jones. I do think if it wasn't for the hellbow Jones would've easily lost it

Condit-Diaz

Agreed

Bj-Frankie I

Yeah I'm with you 4-1 to one. Frankie was gifted that fight. I've seen that fight many times. Frankie did nothing really to win the fight.

Shogun-Machida I

Thought shogun won 3-2. But give credit to Machida, he had some Nice blitzs in close rounds

BJ-GSP 1

Yup saw that fight live. Everyone in the whole arena thought BJ won 2-1. Even when BJ was on his back, he was pulling guard, mission control, and going for submissions. GSP did jack shit but get bloodied up on the feet and tryy to dry hump BJ.

Back