Who do you think won - Mousasi or Shlemenko?

Who won in your opinion?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
I think Shlemenko did more to win, what say Sherdog?

Machida - Shogun 1
Bisping - Hendo 2
and now Mousasi - Shlemenko

surprised-monkey-national-geographic.jpg

I had it Storm

29-28

He had Moose in reverse and shooting for takedowns all fight.

I can see how they gave round 2 to Mousasi. He got the last minute in dominant and got a takedown here and there over the first 4 minutes but only the last one leading to sustained control. I felt Storm had the better round overall.

Mousasi 29-28

Extremely impressed with Shlemenko though. Top 10 MW in the world no doubt.

I thought Moose did enough in the first 2 to get the nod. I didn't feel like shlemenko really did all that much before the takedown in the 2nd.

Clearly one of those fights where you miss pride scoring though

29-28 Schlemenko, and I wanted Moose to win.

I actually turned off the tv and went to bed before the decision I was so sure Moose lost, surprised when I came on here this morning to see he got the decision.

I chose schlemenko because he did more damage and had Mousasi back peddling in the last round. Schlemenko has all the momentum. That said, idk how people are calling this a robbery? Round two was a coin flip: could have gone to either man. I’m not too mad at Mousasi getting the nod, as he dominated position for a lot of the fight.

Big fan of both.

but Shlemenko deserve that win.

I watched the fight with my full attention TS, I really did. And yet I still don't know how I would have scored it. I was in complete shock and awe that Mousasi managed to let Storm in this fight for one second let alone go the distance that I wasn't even keeping score. I was just so baffled at how atrocious Mousasi looked that I couldn't even pretend I was interested in keeping score. What the hell was that? Mousasi was struggling to get Shlemenko to the ground at times and was getting reversed out of dominant grappling positions constantly. He got his busted up and was actually getting lit up at times by Shlemenko. Where was his boxing!? Big old joke!

Gegard did enough to get second round.... don't understand this robbery talk........again.lol

I count less than 5 good shots for Storm, with the exception of the eye closure he was getting walked down, counter punched and taken down repeatedly while missing a lot of spinning shit. Clear Moose victory.

I watched the fight with my full attention TS, I really did. And yet I still don't know how I would have scored it. I was in complete shock and awe that Mousasi managed to let Storm in this fight for one second let alone go the distance that I wasn't even keeping score. I was just so baffled at how atrocious Mousasi looked that I couldn't even pretend I was interested in keeping score. What the hell was that? Mousasi was struggling to get Shlemenko to the ground at times and was getting reversed out of dominant grappling positions constantly. He got his busted up and was actually getting lit up at times by Shlemenko. Where was his boxing!? Big old joke!
He fought with one eye, ever tried that?

He fought with one eye, ever tried that?

Have I? Nope. However, I have seen countless fighters do so. Hell, I've seen fighters fight on and make better out of the situation than Mousasi did with WORSE injuries. Not just in MMA, but in boxing where the level of striking is leagues above what we see in MMA. All this talk about Mousasi's eye is just distracting from the fact that he looked like crap against someone who is mediocre at best.

Storm. Wasnt a robbery by any stretch, it was a close fight with a close 2nd round being the toss up.

They should rematch.

I thought round 2 was a close but clear Mousasi round.

close fight but i thought Storm won. not a robbery by any means tho.

Storm was right before the fight tho. if this was a 5 round fight he would have finished Moose. hope to see a rematch somewhere down the road.

Back