Who do you think won Lyoto Machida VS Phil Davis?

Pretty fucking done with this shit. Can't stand this judging anymore, it's so fucking ridiculous.

I thought Phil fought another good fight but the significant strikes by Machida were going to doom him. Machida's backing up counter style Loyota has made it very hard for Davis to get deep enough to finish several takedowns, and it got Phil tagged with some good shots.

Unreal. Just unreal. Two takedowns at the end of a round with almost zero damage done gets you the win?

So sick of this.

What did Machida do? A flurry of misses while Goldberg acts like they all landed? If someone posts gifs of them landing that'd be one thing but I didn't see it...

I scored it 29-28 Davis but who knows in rounds with near 0-0 offense

Obviously 100% Machida won...

The ONLY thing Phil Davis did all fight was land 2 takedowns (1 was 60 seconds of no action, the second takedown had a few nice knees to the body). He also landed a couple "okay" right hands....

I could perhaps see scoring the 2nd round for Davis maybe... but not the first.

Horrible decision for ultimate wet blanket championship.

stop acting like you dont know takedowns win fights, phil got the takedowns and won the first 2 rounds. Lyoto won the 3rd imo

He did, not doubting it. However, in a way I am glad, because he would lose to Jonathan again if they fought and I like Machida.

Davis landed almost nothing except one td in r1 and r2. I dont see any logic.

Machida did fuck all to earn that win.

Davis all the way.

Besides grossly outstrike him.

That and defending 5-8 takedowns >>>>>>>> Landing two takedowns in the last 20 seconds. Davis never touched him besides then.

UFC is a is becoming a Joke, hope we start seeing more big names in Bellator or another alternative

Machida 30-27. I could see the 2nd possibly going to Davis but that's about it and I think even that would be undeserved.

The scoring criteria is fucked. Round-by-round scoring is already dumb in itself for MMA, but a takedown in the last 30 seconds negating the entire rest of the round is complete bullshit. What a joke.

Wow, in Brazil too.

I thought Phil looked great, but Lyoto won, absolutely no doubt.

Machida went hard at Rampage and Davis during the last round. Too little too late both times. Davis deserved that victory IMO.

I thought Machida won the 1st and 3rd. Oh well.

when you fight like machida, it was just a matter of time before this happened.

i like his style but he has been on the winning end of this too many times.

aggression wins fights.

All of this ... he fights too timid all the time it's gonna catch up to him once he isn't able to finish he leaves it too the judges

fight was close .. but could have gone either way

Back