Who do you think won John Makdessi vs Alan Patrick?

One reason why these polls are always skewed to the loser is because people are more motivated to vote if they think one fighter was robbed. So it's not even a good way to judge what the biased fan opinion is.

Nobody.

I don't understand how Sherdog acts like it was some robbery either. Makdessi literally did nothing and the other guy did stuff and was generally ineffective. Makdessi literally landed a few jabs per round and not much else.

I watched it with no commentary as im at work and had it for patrick. Rogan influences too many people

Agree. Rogan was talking about Makdessi doing this good job striking and he really wasn't doing crap. He also..for the most part was being hit with wide lefts...so Patrick probably landed more damaging punches even if he was technically outlanded by Makdessi's oft glancing jabs.

I thought Joe was dead wrong. I had Patrick.

You weren't alone Patrick was more active pushed the pace not everything he threw hit but he did more, I don't get what people looking for in a fight any more?

They cry when Bendo gets another decision, he's not not fighting himself? If guys know they may lose to him in a close fight, then beat him the f*k up!

Patrick won that fight...

thought Makdessi edged out the first 2 rounds. 3rd was a draw. both guys did a good job of neutralizing each other.

I'm interested to see the stats. I didn't see Makdessi landing much at all.

One reason why these polls are always skewed to the loser is because people are more motivated to vote if they think one fighter was robbed. So it's not even a good way to judge what the biased fan opinion is.

Yeah but these things balance out when people come back to the forum and see their opinion questioned. When they see their opinion on the fight questioned with a thread like this, they generally come to voice their opinion and give a fair representative of how many people thought the other fighter won. We already had a thread with the opposite conviction, so don't act like only one side is being represented.

People who are actually saying Patrick won, they're either stoned, trolls or they did not watch the match.

anyone who was stoned should have most definitely noticed that Makdessi was winning the fight up until the judges scorecards were announced

How do you out grapple someone by only defending???

One guy trying to use his grappling to get the fight to the ground and get an advantageous position the other using his grappling to keep it on the feet and out of any submissions or damage. I know who got the better of the grappling and who implemented there grappling game more successfully and it was Makdessi.

So I gather that the argument for Patrick is he "did more" than makdessi. Missing a bunch of punches and getting stuffed doesn't count towards winning the fight. If you watch that fight and consider what each guy was trying to do, makdessi was much more successful. Sure he could have done more, I'm not defending his inactivity. But he dictated the range, pace and location of that fight while countering with stiff jabs.

LOL

Patrick won, Makdessi shit the bed as his GREAT world-class, on another level striking consist of the same combo & push kicks for 3 rounds. He got outstruck by a grappler.

Joe, U mad bro!

Patrick was more of active fighter, Did Makdessi think his jab and run will win him fight like always

Neither of the two did anything to deserve the decision. It was a garbage fight and if both could have a loss on their record they deserve it.

Patrick was more of active fighter, Did Makdessi think his jab and run will win him fight like always

again how was he running? and again i ask why did firas tell him to work on cutting off the cage if makdessi was the one running? Isnt it typical for the agressor to try to cut off the ring/cage?

Im started to believe the stoned angle here.....

again how was he running? and again i ask why did firas tell him to work on cutting off the cage if makdessi was the one running? Isnt it typical for the agressor to try to cut off the ring/cage?

Im started to believe the stoned angle here.....

Cause Faras molds point fighters. He never told Makdesi to pick up the pace and make the fight clear. He deserved to lose fighting like that. So did Patrick but I don't feel bad for either they both lost stock tonight.

People calling Patrick the more 'active' fighter, you think pushing a guy against the cadge doing nothing and throwing ridiculous telegraphed shots is active?

Back