Who do you think won John Makdessi vs Alan Patrick?

Did Almeida judge that fight? A lot of talk about how great to have a former fighter judge fights. Would be interesting if he had it 30-27

Lol this.

That fight was so uneventful I don't even care. I don't see how anyone could have much of a problem with the decision seeing as neither guy even accomplished anything of note.

Agreed, sir.

If the guy who steps back would lose all fights, Machida would have never be champion. Makdessi was stepping forward but that does not means that he was in control of the fight, he was not doing anything relevant. I have Patrick, but on a close decision, not 30-27.

Rogan was way too biased... I had a feeling that me and him were watching a complete different fight

I have a feeling the rest of the world and judges and you watched different fight.

Bull rushing and hoping for the best isn't the way to win fights and in this case guy was missing by miles. He was pretty much, rushing, missing then +backing, rinse and repeat.

Strikes landed and octagon control,makdessi had the centre the whole fight! Serious people? They pulled a robbery right in front of you and some defend it lol.. UFC nuthuggery I reckon, they cant do no wrong.

"He wants to get in close too use that reach advantage"~Mike goldberg

Drunk voted for patrick by mistake...I see theres a lot of that going on tonight

He has a ridiculously hard time cutting weight so it's really not an option for him. He has commented on it himself in the past and it's unfortunate but he simply has a physique that makes it real difficult to do those things.

A lot of fighters have a tough time cutting weight. The guy clearly has body fat and could cut at least one division. He has no chance, zero at contending at LW. At FW he has a solid chance. He needs to find out how to cut more weight and do it. Period. Otherwise he needs to just get out of the fight game with a semi-decent record.

Makdessi won that fight. He was slipping patrick punches and countering generally landing a lot more. Guess fudges are suckers for spinning shit.

If the guy who steps back would lose all fights, Machida would have never be champion. Makdessi was stepping forward but that does not means that he was in control of the fight, he was not doing anything relevant. I have Patrick, but on a close decision, not 30-27.

Rogan was way too biased... I had a feeling that me and him were watching a complete different fight

Totally agree. I didn't understand how Rogan was dead sure Alan needed a finish going into round 3.

Makdessi won easily. His jab was on point, his footwork was great, solid TDD, great head movement, distance control and positioning kept him mostly untouched. His problem, like everyone at Tristar, is that he has a great fucking right hand but won't throw it. So even though he controlled that fight, he never did the damage he could have.

By the way, the fight was mainly slow because Patrick was trying to set the same trap the entire fight and was moving away from the weapons makdessi is comfortable with. So makdessi both had to be very careful, and work extra hard because he didn't have the tools to prevent that movement.

This.

Well said.

Makdessi out struck Patrick
And out grappled him fighting off nearly all(but one?) of the TDs and never letting Patrick consolidate any advantageous position. Bullshit, someone gave it 30-27 !? What are type of crack are these judges smoking? This kind of judging is going to ruin the future of mma

I saw a clear win for Patrick, just like I saw a clear win of Davis over Machida.

Can't understand all the noise about any of these decisions.

LOL.

10/10... Let's see if anyone bites...

I have a feeling the rest of the world and judges and you watched different fight.

Bull rushing and hoping for the best isn't the way to win fights and in this case guy was missing by miles. He was pretty much, rushing, missing then +backing, rinse and repeat.

Yeah, I felt it was close, but still had Patrick winning. But honestly, if I didnt see the fight and just heard from Joe Rogan, I would think it was a Cain x JDS 2 beatdwon.

It wasnt that, for some reason he was very very biased

I hope anyone who thought Patrick won was watching the Varner fight. That's an example of actually landing your strikes not that shit Patrick was doing

So you can win a fight by just swinging big and missing and just pushing a guy against the fence unable to take him down. Love to see this new exciting and decisive form of 'combat tactics' take center stage. New breed!

Makdessi out struck Patrick
And out grappled him fighting off nearly all(but one?) of the TDs and never letting Patrick consolidate any advantageous position. Bullshit, someone gave it 30-27 !? What are type of crack are these judges smoking? This kind of judging is going to ruin the future of mma

How do you out grapple someone by only defending???

I watched it with no commentary as im at work and had it for patrick. Rogan influences too many people

yep and I dont see where some are saying patrick was the aggressor, He was retreating most of the fight hence why firas was telling makdessi to cut him off

It is because he threw a lot of strikes in the air, even though they were completely off, a lot of people take that is aggression even though it is completely ineffective.

Back