Who do you think won Dan Henderson VS Rashad Evans?

Round 1: 10-9 Hendo, not much other than Hendo hurting Rashad.
Round 2: 10-9 Rashad, 10-10 is arguable, not much happened here either, but Rashad had a "takedown", was more aggressive and, with his clinching, octagon control.
Round 3: 10-9 Rashad, all Rashad. Aggression, octagon control and hurt Hendo multiply times.

29-28 Rashad or 29-29 Draw

The takedown would not be even scored as a takedown under wrestling rules. Only reason it even resembled a takedown was because Hendo ran into the cage. If the takedown attempt ended in the middle of the octagon, even non-wrestling fans would be able to tell it wasn't a takedown.

Also even if you do point it a takedown (No idea why anyone would), he jumped up instantly.

Round 1: 10-9 Hendo, not much other than Hendo hurting Rashad.
Round 2: 10-9 Rashad, 10-10 is arguable, not much happened here either, but Rashad had a "takedown", was more aggressive and, with his clinching, octagon control.
Round 3: 10-9 Rashad, all Rashad. Aggression, octagon control and hurt Hendo multiply times.

29-28 Rashad or 29-29 Draw

Seems reasonable.

On the unified scoring system I think Rashad won. In the respect of who 'won' that as a whole fight, Rashad by a safe margin. It wasn't particularly close other than the first round.

I love Hendo and I am a huge fan but he looked immobile and old tonight. He defended a lot of takedowns but... he was always defending. Always on defense or winging punches.

Henderson had round 1,
BARELY got round 2.

Round 3 was all Rashad.

Fight should have gone to Henderson.

All Hendo really did was stagger Rashad with that jab. Nothing else landed flush and Rashad controlled the fight. Definitely a 29-28 for Rashad.

Is this a serious question? I'm at a loss for how anyone thought Rashad won.

I had 29-28 Rashad

All Hendo really did was stagger Rashad with that jab. Nothing else landed flush and Rashad controlled the fight. Definitely a 29-28 for Rashad.

He dropped him, landed multiple hard elbows, had Rashad bleeding from his face, etc.

Basically you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, or simply didn't watch the fight.

Dan rocked him in the first

Dan out struck him in the second, including landing the best shot of the round, the elbow off the break.

He stuffed all but one TD (9/10), and sprung right up the one time Hashad did score one.

Rashad came on strong in the third.

29-28
Henderson

Rashad. The punch in the first was the biggest moment but Dan had like one spurt each round. Rashad won 2 and 3, he could have won the first IMO.

Yeah, if it weren't for Rashad getting caught by Hendo it would have been another 10-10/10-9 Rashad.

Hendo not doing much but waiting for that big shot.

I was disapointed he didn't finish Rashad there. :(

i thought shad won pretty decisively.

he won the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

i saw him winning the first round as well, as he won 4+ minutes of it.

i don't count that jab dropping shad as much, since shad recovered after about 15 seconds...

I agree

I thought Hendo rocked Rashad a bit in first and second and gave him those rounds and Rashad clearly won the third. However, it was a close fight, so either guy could have won it.

So 1 and 3 to Rashad but yet he got rocked in which was the easiest round to call? God you trolls are just ridiculous
I gave Evans the same rounds. Dan had nothing in the first, but a punch Rashad ran into. It remembered me of watching my cat fight my uncle. The speed was just too much.

Was rooting for Hendo but agree win the decision.

This is one of those "Dan won the fight Rashad won the decision" situations.

Dan DEFINITELY landed the bigger strikes and did more damage, came closer to a finish, cut Rashad, put him on the floor.

Rashad pushed the pace more, had better position against the cage (even though he got elbowed in the face for his troubles) moved forward, finished rounds and finished the fight stronger.

Rashad did better at all the stuff that judges score.

Dan hurt Rashad and never seemed to have been hurt himself. (That I saw at least)

*and to be clear, I don't disagree with the decision under unified scoring. In a fight like this I feel fine with the decision either way and recognize it was a VERY close fight.

Back