Who do you think will dethrone Max Holloway? and how long will he remain as the champion?

Max isn't losing anytime soon, he can beat anyone in his weight range given proper preparation. He'll lose like all great warriors do, but it'll be a fluke or a loss past his prime. Only two guys can beat him and it's Conor & Khabib, and it's very likely he will face one of them down the road. Although I'd favor a 27-29 year old prime max over either.

Max starves himself to make 145 but with his style not sure if a move-up to 155 would be a good idea

I think it's more a case of him just starting to naturally fill out more and he has Lockhart doing his nutrition for him. Think there's a good chance he vacates the belt because the weight cut is too much more than anything.

It looks like he blows up in between fights and hence, why he couldn't fight Nurmagomedov. Can't see him at FW for much long either and will try and get a 'super fight' with whoever is the 155 Champion.

In my opinion, no current featherweights can beat Max Holloway. but i do think Brian Ortega got the best chance
Maybe Ortega in the future... but i can't really see that. Max is going to stay for a long time up there.

I think he beats Ortega then the Frankie fight is 50/50 with either fighter winning an extremly close and debatable decision. Someone mentioned Mendes but who knows how he will look after being out for so long.

It's actually quite difficult to tell just how high his ceiling is. He's still 26; there's a rather high chance even currently that he hasn't hit his peak fighting years. Its possible in a few years he could go through some troubling times and have to recover from crashing and burning. It's also possible that if his training camps can figure out how to maximize his abilities to contend with technical boxers/kickboxers and/or pressure fighters with powerful grappling, he could go through the roof. In the past 6 years we've seen more than one fighter turn around a trajectory that seem destined to be gatekeeper at best to completely unanticipated heights. When it comes the possibility of Holloway joining the ranks of Anderson, Aldo, GSP, Jon Jones and Fedor, stranger things have undoubtedly happened,

I don't think he will lose again at FW. I think he will also make a really strong run at LW, based on his frame, skillset, age, rate of improvement, etc.

Right now, I'd favor him against anyone currently at featherweight, but I'm not sure how well he'd do against a really strong wrestler. That's one of the reasons I was so disappointed that Frankie lost against Ortega. I like Ortega, but I think Frankie might be stylistic Kryptonite for Max.

I think Ortega has the best shot of all current FWs.

Frankie and Mendes stylistically may give some problems to Max (though in Mendes's case it depends what version of him comes back - the guy hasn't fought in ages and comes off 2 KO losses).

Stephens, even if he miracolously beats Aldo, has 0 chances stands agains Max imo.

I think Ortega has the best shot of all current FWs.

Frankie and Mendes stylistically may give some problems to Max (though in Mendes's case it depends what version of him comes back - the guy hasn't fought in ages and comes off 2 KO losses).

Stephens, even if he miracolously beats Aldo, has 0 chances stands agains Max imo.

Stephens will beat Aldo into retirement.

<13>

Right now, Ortega has a real chance at defeating Max but if he fails- I don't see anyone beating Holloway..... at least in near future. If Zabit turns out to be real deal then maybe down the line but time will tell.
If Stephens evolution continues , that fight could be interesting but I need him to either finish Aldo or beat him decisively

I think this is his last fight at 145. Dude is huge now at 26 and only getting bigger. Hope he makes weight I'm kind of worried he wont

images.jpeg
It wont take long before he enter the top 5 and i think he has a very good chance

The weight cut. I think he'll move up after this fight.

Hard to say, Max looks special but there's a lot of young killers coming up in that division.

Also, dominant champions like Aldo only come along once in a while.

Back