Who do you think is the best Superbantamweight?

Kim Jong Un

Absolute Boss
@Brown
Reaction score
It has now been over a year since Rigo fought at the weight, when he knocked that guy out after the bell. Before that he took 11 months off, before that he took 8 months off. 3 fights at 122 since the start of 2015. I think at this point we have to start considering someone else the best as Rigo is just too inactive.

There is the WBA champ Daniel Roman, who won his title in september and has already defended it twice. WBC champ Rey Vargas who won his title a year and a half ago and has defended it 3 times. IBF champ Ryosuke Iwasa, won his title in september, defended once and has another defense in 2 months. WBO champ Isaac Dogboe who just won the title 2 months ago impressively KOing Jessie Magdelano. There is also Oscar DLH's cousin Diego DLH who is 21-0 with some good wins.

Personally I think Dogboe is the best. The guy came out of nowhere and KOed a highly regarded champ. Hopefully we will see some unification fights between these guys.

I'd say Rigo still has to lose at 122 before I'd take anybody over him, but given his inactivity, let's leave him out for now...

I say Dogboe. I have him tabbed as a future P4P guy.

Nery is basically an SBW at this point. I'd throw him in there too.

mmm. Rigo I guess. But Nery keeps missing weight so maybe he is?

Back