Who do you think deserved to win McMann vs Murphy

I was rooting for your girl. She looked terrible. She is definitely not #1 contendor material.

She beats everyone but Rousey, my ass.

She beats everyone but Rousey , but she also beats your ass :cool:

We'll have to wait and see

Neither fighter are worth mentioning in any meaningful light. WMMA has a great deal to go to be taken seriously, at 135. The 115 fighters will save WMMA's credibility.

If Tate almost did it ....

Almost...and then got that work.

G-Cat-Zingano-knees-over-Miesha-Tate-TUF-17-Finale.gif

That had to be where she wanted to be. She just stayed there.

no, she wanted to advance her position but she got stuck there. She failed on the ground, she only succeeded in the takedown. So i'd only give her points on the takedown. Serving her head up on a silver platter on the ground doesnt score points IMO.

watched with the sound off, looked pretty clear mcmann controlled the fight although boring

I like how this shitfest of a fight is used to bash women fights, like holding down the opponent for 3 rounds was something male wrestlers never do.

Lol McMann fans are really cocky for having beat fuck all in WMMA and having dogshit fights.

Isn't that what happened ? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ofc

Dayum , we are 2 ?!?!? Maybe 3 ?!?!? :cool:

I like how this shitfest of a fight is used to bash women fights, like holding down the opponent for 3 rounds was something male wrestlers never do.

Who's bashing women, the sand up war between eye and davis was a lot better.

Volume doesn't matter if they aren't effective. She won the first couple of minutes of the first round off of her back but not the whole thing. Until the third she made hardly no effort to get up off of her back even when she wasn't able to throw strikes and seemed to forget that submissions were legal in the fight. Murphy deserved to lose. At the same time McMann never looked for the finish and showed a lack of effective fluidity in her game. She won the fight but doesn't deserve to move up in the rankings at all.

Sara easily, the judges almost pooch fucked another one. She lost the 3rd round and BTW I liked the fight.. I enjoy grappling more than the stupid Just bleed crowd..

Sarah never advanced position with the exception of a few seconds of half guard and made zero submission attempts... All while being out struck 3 to 1

She showed a strong core while getting clearly outscored in my opinion

i dont get this question i thought see won 1,2 so not sure why it was a split decision

That's not entirely true, she passed her guard on a few occasions and was landing some really solid GnP at the end of the first.

Murphy did nothing to win this fight. She landed inconsequential stuff from her back, but those strikes don't really do anything unless its a solid elbow that cuts you open, but that didn't happen.

Murphy's 200 strikes are nothing since they're not "elbows that cut you open", though they're actually clearly landing flush and direct non-stop but somehow Sara's sloppy little flurries that found little to no purchase are "really solid GNP" because she's on top? That flurry at the end of the first was all for show, and predictably stole a round despite being completely ineffective and mostly missed.

The shameful scoring system/unified criteria/new BS notion of 'fighting' we are now supposed to accept game McMann that fight.

Its just bogus. Only noobs and idiots consider simply being 'on top' as winning. Anik further pushed the notion by mentioning it in the commentary.

This bullshit just boggles the mind and turns me away from modern MMA. At least there's OneFC I guess...

Murphy won. The fight reminded me of Randleman/Rutten.

It's a damn shame that you get rewarded for takedowns and stalling over aggression and strikes.

McMann got completely outstruck from start to finish, even being in a superior position.

Takedowns and lay n pray should not constitute winning a fight imo.

Back