Who do you favor in Cejudo/MM rubbermatch?

Who had the more impressive victory of the two? One round finish vs A close split decision that could have gone either way.

I got MM on this one.

Yes, I expect the judging to be the same--i.e., capricious.

I don't. A challenger taking the belt from the champion in such an indecisive fight, while it has happened before, doesn't happen even half of the time a fight is that close.

I don't. A challenger taking the belt from the champion in such an indecisive fight, while it has happened before, doesn't happen even half of the time a fight is that close.

I grant the statistics don't favour a repeat but I always consider the judges an X-factor.

I'd go with Cejudo, for a Champ Mighty Mouse is full of dramas (not wanting to fight this and that / no one watches FW).

I grant the statistics don't favour a repeat but I always consider the judges an X-factor.
Yeah, most of the time that would have been either a 47-46 split or a 49-45 unanimous decision for Mighty Mouse, just because he is the champion. Of course, we can never predict how the judges will score. But I think a rematch could only be worse for Mighty Mouse if we're looking at the odds, and it sucks because I feel like Cejudo got gifted that decision, and isn't necessarily the better fighter, but now will win any close fights between the two due to the belt.

I think it was Anik talking about all immediate rematches the loser gets smoked again

BJ Edgar
Cody TJ
Silva Weidman
Franklin Silva
Barao TJ

Is there more?

Cody, Joanna and Aldo recently

Yeah, most of the time that would have been either a 47-46 split or a 49-45 unanimous decision for Mighty Mouse, just because he is the champion. Of course, we can never predict how the judges will score. But I think a rematch could only be worse for Mighty Mouse if we're looking at the odds, and it sucks because I feel like Cejudo got gifted that decision, and isn't necessarily the better fighter, but now will win any close fights between the two due to the belt.

I don't think any fighter wants to be in a close fight. If Johnson perfects his TDD, I can't see the next one being close.

Micro Mouse will never be the same after his injuries. Look for Cejudo to make him tap or ref stoppage due to a bum leg. Probably quit on the stool.

DJ is incredibly good at adapting. He'll come in with a great game plan in get his belt back imo. Hume has set him straight after every fight he has struggled with. DJ will be even more of a monster when he comes back.
He is great at adapting, and that is what was so weird about the past fight. It was like a DJ fight in reverse, where he was strong at first and then the other guy got stronger. Cejudo's wrestling may just be too good, and it may be that he is as good as everyone expected, being a golden medalist wrestler as a teenager and a golden gloves boxer. Cejudo and Pico were the two guys pegged as the future.

mighty mouse will beat him easy, just like he did the first two times

I think Mighty mouse takes it. Then we can have a 3 fight rivalry brewing.

Probably Mighty Mouse. I thought Cejudo won but literally by one takedown. if they rematch again, it'll probably be another close fight but I think DJ has more ways to win where we pretty much saw all Henry had to offer.

He is great at adapting, and that is what was so weird about the past fight. It was like a DJ fight in reverse, where he was strong at first and then the other guy got stronger. Cejudo's wrestling may just be too good, and it may be that he is as good as everyone expected, being a golden medalist wrestler as a teenager and a golden gloves boxer. Cejudo and Pico were the two guys pegged as the future.
According to DJ he got too comfortable on the ground. Henry wasn't threatening anything so he felt that he'd still get the round. In one interview (with Ariel I think) he said the he should have gone for subs and TDs even if there was a risk.

I think next time we may see DJ work on his wrestling and bottom game a bit more. The bridge between them wasn't that big at all. DJ was winning out most of the scrambles. It's very possible that DJ could out grapple him next time.

With that said, Henry is a beast. He will be working his ass off to stay at the top. Even if Dj beats him again, Henry will absolutely grab that belt again. Kid is gonna have a legendary FLW run.

I hope he heals up well.

Toss up. It will probably be close again unless MM finishes him. I would favor MM even though Cejudo got the momentum and confidence.

According to DJ he got too comfortable on the ground. Henry wasn't threatening anything so he felt that he'd still get the round. In one interview (with Ariel I think) he said the he should have gone for subs and TDs even if there was a risk.

I think next time we may see DJ work on his wrestling and bottom game a bit more. The bridge between them wasn't that big at all. DJ was winning out most of the scrambles. It's very possible that DJ could out grapple him next time.

With that said, Henry is a beast. He will be working his ass off to stay at the top. Even if Dj beats him again, Henry will absolutely grab that belt again. Kid is gonna have a legendary FLW run.

I hope he heals up well.
I'd love to see a wrestle-thon vs MM and Cejudo. It was long said that MM was the best MMA wrestler in the world, but Cejudo definitely outwrestled him. It kind of makes sense, seeing as DJ puts huge emphasis on well roundedness, but when that happens, you leave yourself open to getting beat in the one place where the other person is freakishly strong - much like how Mousasai, his favorite fighter, lost to powerhouse wrestlers (and often rounded ones). Cejudo vs Mouse in just MMA wrestling would be amazing.....kinda like GSP vs Hendcricks but more high level.

I'm very interested in the rematch, but I'm also equally in seeing Mouse go to 135 and match up vs Cruz, Garbrandt, TJ and Moraes. I've zero interest in seeing DJ vs anyone not named Cejudo at flyweight.

Back