Who do the UFC brass want to see win?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who do you think Khabib or McGregor?

On the one hand McGregor has been the no. 1 cash cow since Rhonda’s demise.

On the other McGregor has caused unrest with his rogue boxing match.

He has caused of legal problems, rumoured to have substance abuse issues.

And it’s not like he can never sell a fight if he loses here plus Khabib takes a lot of momentum.

Khabib because that sets up a rematch and if Conor wins that sets up a trilogy fight.

Their in a win win situation, but I think they still prefer connor, although They wanna break into the Russian and Eastern Europe market and Khabib and others will help more with that

well lets see. one has been the the sole money-maker for the ufc since Ronda left. the other has blown main cards due to tasty dessert treats.... seems pretty evident to me.

The more UFC wants them to win - the more Sherdog wants them to fail.

<{jackyeah}>{<redford}

I believe it is a win/
Win either way for the company
I've had a feeling recently that Conor has been more more trouble than he's worth lately for WME/UFC, and they have become less and less willing to have to keep shelving out millions to pay for him. With lawsuits and extended breaks between fighting, he may not be bringing in as much money as he is beginning to cost, especially if he continues to move upwards
I could see them putting him against Khabib as a personal test against an opponent he may arguably lose badly to. It would defintely keep their bargaining power for future deals.

The second the winner has their hand raised, Lesnar rushes the cage, and bashes them with a chair.

Then Jones runs in and Lesnar runs away as Paul Heyman shrieks, "You'll get yours, Mr. Bones!"

This is clearly what the WME wants to happen.

VZ8lkOs.jpg

i dunno whats more shocking someone even making this thread or ppl actually responding khabib with a straight face.

depends on if they think Conor will actually keep fighting. If Conor is going to retire then they are way better off if Khabib wins.

Khabib because that sets up a rematch and if Conor wins that sets up a trilogy fight.

If Conor wins they have way more options for money fights.

GSP being the top of the list.

Actually a more interesting question than it seems given Conor's current power in negotiations with the UFC and his seeming obsession with making himself an exception to the way the UFC has always done business

I still think Conor right now, but if he keeps growing the day is fast approaching where the UFC will be desperate for someone to cut him down

Back