Who Did You Score Rd 1 For CM Punk or Mike Jackson ?

Who Did You Score Rd 1 For CM Punk or Mike Jackson ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone who thinks Punk won that round... put down the crack pipe!

Punk 11 SS vs MJ 18 SS.
Punk scored a TD but did no damage with it.

I score it for MJ.

Based on damage I gotta go with Jackson. And I rate damage over anything. If you hold "control" in higher esteem then you would pick Punk I guess.

I scored it for Punk. Jackson bloodied him with clean strikes, most of which were jabs. But Punk was much more active. He landed a few nice strikes himself, and, not that I scored this too strongly, but he technically hit a takedown and passed to halfguard lol. He looked fuckin sloppy throwing at air, but it's not as if MJ made him pay.

It's definitely fair to give it to CM. That's what I did.

I have seen some respectable people give it to Punk like zahabi but i don't know if they really think that or if they're just suffering from low expectations awe.
He didn't do anything that i can remember that would justify giving the round to him other than the takedown i guess

Kinda this. I remember it ending and thinking “huh, I think Punk mighta won that round”. Too scared to go back and check, ha.

Based on damage I gotta go with Jackson. And I rate damage over anything. If you hold "control" in higher esteem then you would pick Punk I guess.

Punk did receive more damage but he constantly pushed forward and had Octagon control. He got a take-down which was the most significant thing that happened in the round and the second most significant thing was Jackson being pressed against the cage time and time again.

I agree. It honestly looked a lot like what I was expecting it to look like. If anything it showed what it takes to be a pro fighter. Lots of folks have these big ideas and dreams and think they can make it. These guys talking about some guy just needing to work on his take down defense or this guy just needs to work on his striking defense they have no clue it’s actually impossible for some fighters to get great in certain areas.

Exactly, to be honest CM Punk looked better then I thought he would. This was a fight between one guy who has more then 10 + fights and well over 10 + years experience under his belt vs. a guy that had less then one round under his belt.

Punk 11 SS vs MJ 18 SS.
Punk scored a TD but did no damage with it.

I score it for MJ.

I think it was close but the only significant thing that happened all round was the TD and Punk got it. The second significant thing was Punk pressing MJ against the cage. Those two things outweigh 7 extra strikes imo.

Now that emotions have settled lets get some opinions.

Great thread! Haha. I scored it for Jackson. But the takedown made it semi close? Not really. Jackson won that shit lol.

Punk... the guy didn't die. So I was impressed.

No one who knows the rules would score that for Punk. Effective striking is scored first, before everything else. A brief takedown with zero damage would only be relevant to scoring if the striking was equal.

No one who knows the rules would score that for Punk. Effective striking is scored first, before everything else. A brief takedown with zero damage would only be relevant to scoring if the striking was equal.

Octagon Control + Take Down was in Punks favor.

The most significant thing that happened in round 1 was the take-down. The second most significant thing was Punk pressuring MJ against the cage. Punk landed some pitter patter shots while he had MJ down and while they caused little damaged they did score. It was a close round and I gave the edge to Punk as many others did.

Who cares... let this abhorrent display of shit-knows-what die and fade off into obscurity

Irrelevant. Striking is the primary criteria for judging a fight. Read the rules.

Not irrelevant .. Octagon control .. take downs are also apart of judging who won.

This isn't boxing.

Not irrelevant .. Octagon control .. take downs are also apart of judging who won.

This isn't boxing.

Stop talking out of your ass and actually read the unified rules please

Back