Who Did You Score Rd 1 For CM Punk or Mike Jackson ?

Who Did You Score Rd 1 For CM Punk or Mike Jackson ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was there live and was to busy laughing my ass off with the other 15000 people in the United center to score this

I have seen some respectable people give it to Punk like zahabi but i don't know if they really think that or if they're just suffering from low expectations awe.
He didn't do anything that i can remember that would justify giving the round to him other than the takedown i guess

It was a tie.
eQ9s8Cd.jpg

Punk won the 1st round based off octagon control, aggression and the takedown near the end of the round sealed it for him as crazy as it sounds.

I have seen some respectable people give it to Punk like zahabi but i don't know if they really think that or if they're just suffering from low expectations awe.
He didn't do anything that i can remember that would justify giving the round to him other than the takedown i guess

He landed some decent shots / kept the pressure on and had Octagon control / Got the take-down and landed a few pitter patter shots on the ground that didn't cause any damage but helped with him edging the round.

If there was no take-down I would have gave the round to Jackson.

The stand up was uneventful but the takedown got Punk the round under the unified rules.

I scored it for Punk, but I admit that this could be what's going on with me

He landed some decent shots / kept the pressure on and had Octagon control / Got the take-down and landed a few pitter patter shots on the ground that didn't cause any damage but helped with him edging the round.

If there was no take-down I would have gave the round to Jackson.

Did he really land some decent shots?
I only remember one at the start of the round. It's one of those fights that are hard to discuss cause i'm for sure not gonna watch it again

Did he really land some decent shots?
I only remember one at the start of the round. It's one of those fights that are hard to discuss cause i'm for sure not gonna watch it again

Well all things considered he landed some decent shots. I don't remember any big significant shots being landed by either in round 1. The most significant thing that happened was the take-down. The second most significant thing was likely Jackson being pressured against the cage multiple times. Jackson managed to reverse and reset but only to get pressured against the cage again each time.

Well all things considered he landed some decent shots. I don't remember any big significant shots being landed by either in round 1. The most significant thing that happened was the take-down. The second most significant thing was likely Jackson being pressured against the cage multiple times. Jackson managed to reverse and reset but only to get pressured against the cage again each time.
You've made some solid points and you're certainly right that the only significant thing was the takedown and the pressure. I'd now say that it's fair to give it to CM

Lets get some more opinions on the matter.

Punk is a disgrace..Put him against a sherdogger!

Punk won that first round. The second wasn’t a 10-8. The third really wasn’t. The 30-26 is a garbage score. I guess he shouldn’t have let it go to the judges ha.

I honestly don't remember because I've been trying to delete this joke of a fight from my memory

Punk won that first round. The second wasn’t a 10-8. The third really wasn’t. The 30-26 is a garbage score. I guess he shouldn’t have let it go to the judges ha.

Punk always pushed forward and engaged + he stuck it out when he could of easily tapped or had the corner stop the fight between rounds. He deserves more respect then he is getting.

Punk always pushed forward and engaged + he stuck it out when he could of easily tapped or had the corner stop the fight between rounds. He deserves more respect then he is getting.
I agree. It honestly looked a lot like what I was expecting it to look like. If anything it showed what it takes to be a pro fighter. Lots of folks have these big ideas and dreams and think they can make it. These guys talking about some guy just needing to work on his take down defense or this guy just needs to work on his striking defense they have no clue it’s actually impossible for some fighters to get great in certain areas.

Back