Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
Another factor is that Fury won the second half of each round that he was knocked down in, so there is an argument to be made that those could be 10-9 rounds for Wilder instead of 10-8.

I would assume that the small group that think that Wilder won this fight are likely not considering how boxing is actually judged.

You are also not considering how boxing is actually judged if you think that there's an argument for those rounds being 10-9. You don't score the knockdown in isolation of the rest of the round. Fury getting badly hurt from those punches which knocked him down is much more significant than the sum of the punches Fury was able to land in those two rounds. To pull a 10-8 back to a 10-9 you have to do some serious work and be landing a lot, which isn't what happened, with the knockdown normally being just a quick flash one.

Giving either of those two rounds as a 10-9 would be horrible scoring.

I think in most cases they are attributing it to the one judges score card who had it 115-111 and they are using the word "robbery" as a vague descriptor of the incident.

In Laymans terms I honestly feel kinda the same. No it is not a traditional robbery, ie the other guy getting the nod. But it feels like it.

It is a robbery Phil. No one thinks wilder even deserved a draw apart from his fans and a select few others. The whole of the boxing world also feels the same.
No ones arguing wilder won, only that he drew, and people are arguing over the meaning of the word ‘robbery’! That tells its own story! Imo if the vast majority of fans, pundits and ex boxers think the result was wrong, then it likeky is!
Thankfully we have a possible rematch to settle this.

It is a robbery Phil. No one thinks wilder even deserved a draw apart from his fans and a select few others. The whole of the boxing world also feels the same.
No ones arguing wilder won, only that he drew, and people are arguing over the meaning of the word ‘robbery’! That tells its own story! Imo if the vast majority of fans, pundits and ex boxers think the result was wrong, then it likeky is!

People keep saying this but Fury simply didn't do enough to deserve the victory. He threw way too much pitty-patty strikes and wasn't able to outland Wilder significantly enough. I personally scored the fight for Wilder because his shots we're way more effective and Fury's 1 or 2 punch difference per round wasn't enough to overcome it.

People keep saying this but Fury simply didn't do enough to deserve the victory. He threw way too much pitty-patty strikes and wasn't able to outland Wilder significantly enough. I personally scored the fight for Wilder because his shots we're way more effective and Fury's 1 or 2 punch difference per round wasn't enough to overcome it.

Out land significantly enough? He Outlanded him and won almost every round he wasn't floored in? That should be enough to win the fight under the criteria used.
You think wilder won because you wanted him to win. A draw is just about justifiable but him winning is laughable.

Out land significantly enough? He Outlanded him and won almost every round he wasn't floored in? That should be enough to win the fight under the criteria used.
You think wilder won because you wanted him to win. A draw is just about justifiable but him winning is laughable.

Outlanded him with 1 or 2 punch per round. In professional boxing power of strike is also considered as a scoring criteria.

I am fine with result, but the cry about robbery is nonsense. Fury was dancing and avoiding stand and trade way too much to win many of those rounds with 1 or 2 punch difference.

The thread with the poll is amazing. Jonny, Clearly this US based forum has been over run by us weakling, cowardly Brits? This must surely be the reason? Why aren't you blaming the British judge that gave it a draw Jonny?

Jonny, why?

You are also not considering how boxing is actually judged if you think that there's an argument for those rounds being 10-9. You don't score the knockdown in isolation of the rest of the round. Fury getting badly hurt from those punches which knocked him down is much more significant than the sum of the punches Fury was able to land in those two rounds. To pull a 10-8 back to a 10-9 you have to do some serious work and be landing a lot, which isn't what happened, with the knockdown normally being just a quick flash one.

I am not saying I gave those 10-9 rounds. I had them both 10-8 for wilder. My point was mostly that if anyone is going to try to judge many more rounds than those with wilder winning then you can equally make an argument that those could be 10-9 instead of 10-8. The most accurate judging would give those 2 rounds 10-8 for wilder but have fury winning the decision on points.

Aside the boxing score system...Wilder should be given the victory. He freaking KO'd him. What did Fury do? Yeah sure he outboxed him, but what did he réally do? Hardly any damage. In the end of the day what should count more? An almost KO shouldnt be just a 10-8. That should be at least 10-1.

Aside the boxing score system...Wilder should be given the victory. He freaking KO'd him. What did Fury do? Yeah sure he outboxed him, but what did he réally do? Hardly any damage. In the end of the day what should count more? An almost KO shouldnt be just a 10-8. That should be at least 10-1.

You should be banned from this forum just for being a complete moron.
You cleary as some magic Wilder dick sucker. And you have no idea about how boxing is scored, or how knockdowns are counted.

<LikeReally5>

10-1?

<{clintugh}>

Its a dumb idea anyway. KD is an extra point. Thats the way it should be. If you KD someone at the end of the round, then how does someone "fight back" from it?

You can't fight back from the field goal in football. You can't undo a homerun in baseball. The only way to cancel a KD should be a KD of your own.

What did Fury do? Yeah sure he outboxed him, but what did he réally do? Hardly any damage. .
Well, he won a lot of rounds by boxing. Damage isn't really scored in boxing. Blood and swelling can influence a judge but they technically don't score damage. Thats a small part of 1 of the scoring criteria.

But isnt a fight all about creating effective damage? Or is it about scoring points?

We should see boxing and mma matches as fights....just ignore the judges.

But isnt a fight all about creating effective damage? Or is it about scoring points?
Both, in part. The technical side of boxing factors into the scores too. That way, fighters not born with godly power still can win a fight and fighters with power aren't given an immediate advantage in the eyes of the judges.

You're missing my point though. Im all for technic too. If it creates effective damage, well thats the whole point. But if you got technic to just touch your opponent but you cant hurt him....well to me thats just a draw because nobody got hurt and defeated.

He was floored in two rounds. There were several rounds that were very close, by pretty much everyones account.

That right there says its a damn close fight.

You said a draw is justifiable, but then said he got robbed in your previous post. Which is it?

Just got a chance to sit down to watch. Just started.

Oh my, I'm 8-0 after 8. Slow action but Fury giving him a boxing lesson.

Back